Page 1264 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 26476411641214125412621263126412651266 LastLast
Results 31,576 to 31,600 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Started the PS4 remake of Ratchet & Clank (playing on PS5).

So, two big thoughts right off the bat:

1.) I have never played a Ratchet & Clank game to completion before. I thought I had started this before, but no, I must have started one of the sequels. The memories I have were the game beginning in a big futuristic city, lots of verticality, and you're kind of boot grinding on rails and stuff. This definitely didn't have that, and I imagine the reason I fell off of it is because I realized it wasn't the first game.

2.) Holy crap this is great fun and why haven't I played these games before??
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

It looks wonderful but apparently has some horrific difficulty spikes.

I’m probably the only one on this site who’ll love theHunter: Call of the Wild, it was the best <20 I’ve spent on a game in memory. Nine bucks (on sale) for the base game, and then a couple DLC’s for different hunting lands, including Africa. Spent a couple hours stalking coyotes last night, and with the surround sound it sounds like you’re in the woods.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I’m probably the only one on this site who’ll love theHunter: Call of the Wild, it was the best <20 I’ve spent on a game in memory. Nine bucks (on sale) for the base game, and then a couple DLC’s for different hunting lands, including Africa. Spent a couple hours stalking coyotes last night, and with the surround sound it sounds like you’re in the woods.
    I actually used to be a big fan of the Deer Hunter games back in the day.

I really enjoyed the realistic gun physics and such.

I may check this out.

I was stalking coyotes for awhile, sneaking. Unbeknownst to me, the Keeshond pup (6-7 months old) at my feet woke up. As I’m slowly moving, listening intently, she lets out a rather loud bark. Damn near jumped out of my chair.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Ha!

So is it more of a full on hunting experience than the slow paced shooting gallery that was Deer Hunter on the PC in ths late 90s?

I’m guessing yes. Prepare for long periods of no shooting. There are spots you can put up deer stands, but that’s no guarantee. Still have to work for it.

When do the Mutons show up?

Anyone watching the game awards on twitch? I don't care about awards, but have it open in a side tab in case of any crazy reveals.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Anyone watching the game awards on twitch? I don't care about awards, but have it open in a side tab in case of any crazy reveals.
    I'm watching it for the trailers and announcements.

Speaking of, Star Wars Eclipse looks different from anything Star Wars I've ever seen before.

Sony revealed more about their upcoming PSVR2 headset during ces and the specs look really sick. And as if it was meant to be, since yesterday rumours are popping up left and right that Half Life Alyx is coming, maybe even a launch title. Haven't tried VR yet but I suspect that when I do, and it's a triple AAA title, it would feel like a gamechanger.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Finished Prey today.

Very mixed feelings on this one.

It's like Dead Space meets BioShock, but it can't quite decide if it wants to be a full on survival horror game, or an immersive sim like Arkane is known for. And unfortunately it's this identity crisis that makes it all feel confused. I found myself unable to even attempt most side quests, because there simply isn't enough ammunition (or materials to make it) to make pursuing them feel possible. But because I couldn't go after these side objectives, the game seemed to slap me on the wrist for not exploring enough.

And it's not a matter of just needing to stealth it, because certain late game events make the enemies aware of your position at all times regardless of how quiet or well hidden you are.

The world and story are fantastic, but the Typhon threat felt like more of a nuisance than a cool enemy to face off against.

There's something brilliant here, and I hope they refine it for the recently announced sequel.

PS5 controller mod for playing with one hand. Neat design looks like it might actually work.

[]

Dying Light 2 re-raises the “Are video games too damn long?” question; Techland's announcement that its new zombie parkour game takes "500 hours" to complete has re-ignited The Discourse:

Most of these 500 hours of little map icons are, of course, optional; games, more than most other mediums, are pretty much “done” when we say we’re done, and it sounds like Dying Light only requires a scant 80 hours to get all its sidequest and story content. But the decision by Techland, or other devs, to make 500 hours of content in the first place can have all sorts of knock-on effects on the design of the game that’s playing host to it. At its best, a glut of optional material can keep players engaged for long after they might have put the title down. (An interesting counterpoint to the current trend of endlessly patching in more material for a game in the weeks and months after release.) At its worst, though, that bolus of gameplay can have a diluting effect: The high parts of the game drowned out in a hundred procedurally generated fetch quests, developmental resources turned toward increasing The Big Number instead of tuning systems or existing quest design.

Starting another playthrough of Zelda toot 3d on the 3ds. Looks so darn great and slick, yet again. And I do sincerely hope I'll see the quest through to the end this time but the odds are not in my favor. I've never completed a zelda game even though I love most of them. Weird.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]