Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Season 6)

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I completely forgot about Theon's sister trying to save him. Where has that story line been?
    Theron was sleeping with the dogs already, if I recall correctly.

BTW, I'm impressed by all the people here watching this show live instead of DVR (HBOgo). It might be a record.
    Well, I do watch it on HBO Go. They put it up for streaming 9 pm sharp.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Well, I do watch it on HBO Go. They put it up for streaming 9 pm sharp.
    No shit? Cool. I always thought it was a 24 hour delay.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

No shit? Cool. I always thought it was a 24 hour delay.
    HBO has always put up all their shows immediately, with the exception of shows like John Oliver and Bill Maher (and now After the Throne) which are taped on the day so they need some time after airing to prep it for streaming and thus get put up about 3-4 hours later.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    It's getting more ridiculous each time with senseless and mind blowingly dumb deaths. This episode is one of the worst offenders. So, so stupid.
    We talkin' bout Beylon, right? That's the only one that struck me as moronically written and came out of nowhere.

Anything with Ramsay is expected and laboriously foreshadowed last season.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeh I still don't understand the Beylon death. What's being planned over there?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I understand they're Ironborn and they're all supposed to have steel balls handclamped by Teddy Roosevelt or whatever but the idea of letting an elderly king walk to his bedroom on a suspension bridge in the middle of a rainstorm without a single guard is one of the dumbest things I've seen on this show.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeh I still don't understand the Beylon death. What's being planned over there?
    Kingsmoot!
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    It's getting more ridiculous each time with senseless and mind blowingly dumb deaths. This episode is one of the worst offenders. So, so stupid.
    Not sure how people can still be complaining about this in Season 6. That IS the show. It's not senseless. It's the show's theme. People struggle for power. People get killed. People plot against each other and backstab, all the while ignoring the greater threat coming from the North. That's what the show is about. If that doesn't appeal to you, you can always watch Veep, I guess.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Kingsmoot!
    Intentionally timed in an election year.
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm finding it interesting how many posts I've seen spoiling the ending to this episode I have run into today. No attempts to warn people, just right out in your face announcing what happened. Several on twitter, several on Facebook, hell even the front page of CNN.com. Not by people, but by media organizations.

It's as if the assumption moving forward for people is that if you don't want an episode of GoT spoiled for you, it's your responsibility to disconnect yourself from the Internet until you watch the damned episode.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Time Warner owns HBO. Time Warner owns CNN.

It's almost as if there's an intentional effort to get you to buy an HBO subscription. :|
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Wow. I went to CNN.come and the headline is: "GoT Spoiler: XXXXXXXXX" As if putting "GoT Spoiler:" is enough for your eyes to stop reading.

I completely forgot about Theon's sister trying to save him. Where has that story line been?
    She gives up when she realizes what he has been turned into, no?

Poor Theon. I don't see the new Greyjoy ruler being very kind to him. He should have tried his luck with Jon Snow.

HBO / Comcast was having issues for me last night so I got about halfway through. I'll try it again tonight, but I'm already aware of what's going on. Not much of a surprise, fortunately.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    She gives up when she realizes what he has been turned into, no?
    As I recall, he refused to go with her when she tried to break him out. She finally had to give up and flee after pleading with him to come with her.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Poor Theon. I don't see the new Greyjoy ruler being very kind to him. He should have tried his luck with Jon Snow.
    By his own admission, he has a knack for choosing the wrong side.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

While the straight up spoiling by media outlets is obviously reckless, what I find equally callous are when people think they're not spoiling it by obfuscating their comments but really everyone knows what you're saying anyway.

[
    ]
    Movie Theater Diary

[
    ]
    [
    ]

I think Theon's going "home" is ambiguous. I don't know what he considers home. It could be Winterfell.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    [
    ]

I think Theon's going "home" is ambiguous. I don't know what he considers home. It could be Winterfell.
    Ha. That'd be quite the twist if he went that direction as home.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

We talkin' bout Beylon, right? That's the only one that struck me as moronically written and came out of nowhere.

Anything with Ramsay is expected and laboriously foreshadowed last season.
    I'm like - okay, we get it, Ramsay is a monster, WE GET IT ALREADY. But since the show overtook the books on that particular front, the plot has become increasingly... "stabby", as my g/f put it while we watched the episode. I know they'll try to cover it up somehow, but risking an alliance with the Freys like... that? Not even Ramsay is THAT stupid. And his father was portrayed as a bit smarter than letting Ramsay anywhere near him while armed. I don't know, that and Balon, and many similar instances lately just make everything so... cheap. I care less and less every time, about anything on the show, because nothing matters and there's nothing to hope for but more elaborate ways to show carnage.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Nah. It's painfully obvious why they rushed the Pyke plotline so badly this week.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Is it weird that my biggest issue with it is that they cut straight to the credits for extra-surprise-oomph and not to black like they have for every other episode prior? [
    ]

Very good episode though. Even the bridge scene was visualized so fantastically that I didn't think about how dumb it was in the moment.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

It's been so long to see the Greyjoy family that I don't even recall if they cared if their King lived or not.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    It's been so long to see the Greyjoy family that I don't even recall if they cared if their King lived or not.
    The events of last night actually happen in Book 3. That's how overdue it was. But hey, lots of storylines. Can't do everything at once.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    The events of last night actually happen in Book 3. That's how overdue it was. But hey, lots of storylines. Can't do everything at once.
    Certainly not one I was wondering about either.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast