Page 1831 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 831133117311781182118291830183118321833184118811931 ... LastLast
Results 45,751 to 45,775 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Yeah, first time I made Puerco Pibil I forgot to wear latex gloves. Like a moron I rubbed my eyes. Never again.
    Is this something we should make again? I do not recall having it and am intrigued.

I use a minimum of fifteen habaneros for Jamaican jerk pork.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

It’s also far from the first (or last) time that Scar has recommended applying dairy products to one’s genitals.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Did you ever tell that story to people in NYC? Because it was a High Maintenance episode.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

No one outside of Jen’s family, no.

And I don’t know what that show is.

- - - - -
    My text editor's spellcheck doesn't know the word "fellates."

David goyer in talks to direct Masters of the universe is the funniest thing I read today.

I don’t get how he still has this strong of a career.

It’s been proven time and again that he’s terrible in the director’s chair, and isn’t even a good writer unless he’s partnered up with someone strong.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Sony, Masters of the Universe, and Goyer deserve each other.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Sony, Masters of the Universe, and Goyer deserve each other.
    Wait what?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What you all think of cryptocurrencies?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    As an investment? Hate em.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    The anarchist in me loves the rebelliousness of it. The human in me is revolted by the way its used as a tool of evil people.

Looking for advice with a situation that’s kind of gruesome, so...

***DON’T READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE QUEASY WITH ANIMAL STUFF***

Heading home from work and Jen said two of our mouse traps in the drop ceiling went off, and at least one of them is still alive. She can hear thumping abs squeaking.

Any suggestions how I can put these things out of their misery quickly?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Looking for advice with a situation that’s kind of gruesome, so...

***DON’T READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE QUEASY WITH ANIMAL STUFF***
    I live in the country. It comes up from time to time. I HATE it. I live in an area where literally everyone is a hunter. I am not. I don't care if other people hunt (non-trophy), but its just not in my DNA.

[
    ]

Thanks skitch.

I’m in the same boat - not something I am looking forward to at all.

People in the city have to come across this shit as well, right? New Yorkers and rats?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    People in the city have to come across this shit as well, right? New Yorkers and rats?
    Yeah but in my experience with New Yorkers, rats / mice are seen as pests and vermin on the same level as cockroaches. There’s not much sympathy.

Yeah but in my experience with New Yorkers, rats / mice are seen as pests and vermin on the same level as cockroaches. There’s not much sympathy.
    Sure but its still hard to end their lives. Its nothing when the trap does the job, but when they're just wounded and need finished it sucks. I've never dealt with rats.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    The community around bitcoin is flat out idiotic, but the block chain is interesting as a technology.

One of my coworkers bought some Bitcoin just to illegally gamble a few years ago and our other coworkers made fun of him for doing that. The subject came up yesterday and we asked him if he had any left. He does and it's worth tens of thousands of dollars. We were going to be congratulate him but he's still upset because if he hadn't played any of it he would have a million dollars now. So we made fun of him again.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The community around bitcoin is flat out idiotic, but the block chain is interesting as a technology.
    What do you mean about the community? I haven't paid too much attention.

Outside of some gambling sites, I don't see any places that actually accept it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The video producer for Jimmy Pardo's Never Not Funny Podcast spent like four minutes of airtime explaining what a gaming-targeted cryptocurrency was to Paul Reiser and it was the most excruciatingly awkward thing I've heard recently.

They're hella cute, and make great pets, but the wild ones will absolutely fuck up your house and health. Spring traps are the most humane way to kill them. They instantly kill most of the time. Suck when they don't. Bash it with a shovel. The worst are glue traps. I'll never use those. Poison sucks too, because they will die in your walls and stink for days. I had to pay $3k this past summer to have my crawlspace completely re-done because of mice. As long as mice and rats stay out of my house, I have no problems with them. They can even live in my shed during the winter.

Here's a criticism of bitcoin I hadn't heard before:

But the rise of bitcoin is also happening at a specific moment in history: Humanity is decades behind schedule on counteracting climate change, and every action in this era should be evaluated on its net impact on the climate. Increasingly, bitcoin is failing the test.

Digital financial transactions come with a real-world price: The tremendous growth of cryptocurrencies has created an exponential demand for computing power. As bitcoin grows, the math problems computers must solve to make more bitcoin (a process called “mining”) get more and more difficult — a wrinkle designed to control the currency’s supply.

Today, each bitcoin transaction requires the same amount of energy used to power nine homes in the U.S. for one day. And miners are constantly installing more and faster computers. Already, the aggregate computing power of the bitcoin network is nearly 100,000 times larger than the world’s 500 fastest supercomputers combined.
    https://grist.org/article/bitcoin-co...energy-future/
    Movie Theater Diary

Would Celebrity Deathmatch even be done today?
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer