Page 1780 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 780128016801730177017781779178017811782179018301880 ... LastLast
Results 44,476 to 44,500 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Sorry Skitch. Didn't mean to come off so passionate.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    More insufferable than obnoxious. Everything is just so melodramatic and shes a bigger egomaniac than Kanye.

I'm sorry but this isn't possible.

That's like saying something is bigger than infinity.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Kanye never claimed to be bigger than Jesus, unlike that narcissistic prick John Lennon.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Kanye never claimed to be bigger than Jesus, unlike that narcissistic prick John Lennon.
    Yes but he at least admits he's an egomaniac. Beyoncé keeps pretending she's humble.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    He said The Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yes but he at least admits he's an egomaniac. Beyoncé keeps pretending she's humble.
    If anyone has earned the right to an ego, it's her.

Lennon's comment was quite obviously comic hyperbole. Much like saying 'hotter than hell'.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

So, can Jay-Z say that he now has 100 problems?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

So a local film festival wants to showcase one of my films from last year, but I gotta decide which one to submit. Thoughts? You guys think I should submit Dream Girl? http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2015/03/dream-girl.html

Or should I submit Breathe? http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2015/08/breathe.html

My personal thoughts? Dream Girl's more solid, but it's also a lot simpler. Almost TOO simple, perhaps. Breathe is more ambitious and has more of a story, but it's also a lot more overall problematic.

So you can see my dilemma, lol! But any help or feedback would be much welcomed and appreciated!

- - - - -
    My pick: Breathe. It might have more issues, but it's also lot more interesting.

Do you (or anyone you know) actually believe in the bad luck of Friday the 13th? As in, refuse to travel, follow normal routines, get married, etc. on that day?
    ...and the milk's in me.

I probably wouldn't get married on that date just in case, but other than that, nope. Just another day.

I use it as an excuse to watch a Friday the 13th movie, and that's about it.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Friday the 13th is Pizza Party at my house!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

- - - - -
    I tried to think of any existing reference made before the movies came out, then this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...luck/10376945/

Friday is bad because Jesus died. 13 is bad because Judas. Apparently, not many combined the two until 1980.

I feel like it's one of those superstitions that everyone knows about, but nobody believes. I mean I'm sure somebody, somewhere, believes, but not the majority of people.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    My pick: Breathe. It might have more issues, but it's also lot more interesting.
    I appreciate the input, Irish! That's the one I ultimately decided to go with. Taking everything into account, it really is just so much more interesting, despite all its flaws. Sure, Dream Girl's probably the safer option, but it's also probably the more boring option as well, and has less of a chance of really standing out. Besides, no risk, no reward, right? And hey, if this one doesn't turn out so swell in the theater, well, I'll know for next time.

It is kinda funny, though, of all the places I inquired, people I know IRL all exclusively said Dream Girl, whereas all of my internet friends were very much on Team Breathe. Those people I know are gonna be pretty disappointed to find out my choice.

Happy Jason Voorhees day!
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

My favorite website on the internet, the-toast.net, is ending July 1st. All is darkness. This is a gut-punch.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I kinda been expecting it. They've been sort of dwindling for a while. It's sad, but I've been enjoying Reductress more lately. And I'm sure we'll be able to enjoy Mallory in the form of her book deals.
    Movie Theater Diary

I kinda been expecting it. They've been sort of dwindling for a while. It's sad, but I've been enjoying Reductress more lately. And I'm sure we'll be able to enjoy Mallory in the form of her book deals.
    Nicole & Nicole, both of whom I adore, also freelance quite a bit and probably will do so more now that their schedules will be lighter.

And Mallory is Dear Prudence now, which is fun.

But I'm going to miss The Toast. I've never been this sad about a website ending before.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I sure hope Alex Weitzman's seen this guy: https://www.facebook.com/CrisAltuzar...2749834200082/

Are we sure that ISN'T Alex?

So I wrote a blog sharing my thoughts and experiences on my theatrical debut. http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2016/05/...-premiere.html

Wow. As far as the traffic goes, this forum is little more than spambot-city now, isn't it?

sad...