Page 1755 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 755125516551705174517531754175517561757176518051855 ... LastLast
Results 43,851 to 43,875 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    What are the home values of the surrounding properties?
    About the same, although this house is on a corner lot, which is a tad bit bigger, but still really small.

The house is 1,880 sq. ft, the lot is 3,800 sq. ft. That's actually a good size lot for the Seattle hoods.

However, the lot is too small to rezone for multi-family development.

In comparison, my house in Edmonds is 1,200 sq. ft, and the lot is over 10,000 sq. ft.

All the new Amazon employees moving to the area only want to live in 3 areas: Wallingford, Ballard and Fremont. I can't stand these areas because it's so crowded, the streets are tiny, and most of the houses are so close together that you can nearly touch side-by-side houses with arms outstretched.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/40...49116288_zpid/

The housing market is taking off again. Selling mine, and I'll be happy if I end up with cash in my pocket (bought in '09). My realtor is worried that things might take off too much again.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Looking into buying for the first time. In Denver, I basically have to make the decision whether that's the one or not.

Yuck.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

And in some markets, you don't have much time to 'pull the trigger'
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Wishing you the best, Mara. These problems can be maddening, especially when they're hard to pin down. Hope the results come in unambiguous and not too heavy.

Also, thanks to your post, I now know I have something called a chest wall and it can be popped.

Actually, reading your symptoms, I feel like that's something that's happened to me multiple times. I've long been uninsured, so I've never seen a doctor about it, but I always am just about to finally take myself to a doctor when it dissipates.
    Last edited by Sycophant; 07-30-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    DRINK IT.
    Didn't get a chance, and now I'm in Prague.

I have a feeling this place will be pretty good for beer though.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Didn't get a chance, and now I'm in Prague.

I have a feeling this place will be pretty good for beer though.
    Your next assignment: http://sedlecossuary.com

if you keep travelling west, our paths may cross. I'm heading north through Switzerland tomorrow.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I'm selling all of my synthesizers and switching to this.

This is really interesting. Some restaurants are pissed that delivery app Postmate is delivering their food without their consent and can't opt out.

http://www.eater.com/2015/7/31/90744...ivery-problems

"I personally took a to-go order on the phone from Postmates," Rosenthal says. "The person ordering... was surprised at a temperature question for a steak and went with medium. I told him I would not fulfill the order since we had told [Postmates] previously to take us off their site. He said that was not his department but he would tell his superiors. I then hung up the phone. Thirty minutes later a person came off the street and placed the same to-go order... Anyway, whoever placed the order got their food over an hour after they ordered it, probably received a different quantity of product then they were expecting, and had a steak that was probably cooked to the wrong temperature." When orders do arrive that are wrong, cold, soggy, or have another problem, guest complaints are often called into the restaurant or registered on Yelp or elsewhere online.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Gizmo (view post)
    if you keep travelling west, our paths may cross. I'm heading north through Switzerland tomorrow.
    I'm heading to Dresden and Berlin next and then off to Scotland for a bit. Unless I change my mind and decide to go to Amsterdam or something first.

Decided to leave my job in mid June and then four weeks later I was unemployed and technically homeless on the other side of the world, with no clear plan or return date. Feeling like a pretty good decision atm

Anybody have any recommendations for light, camera, and sound equipment for use in creating a YouTube channel?

Not that I'm planning to start a YouTube channel in my 1-bedroom apartment. *looks around nervously*
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I'm heading to Dresden and Berlin next and then off to Scotland for a bit. Unless I change my mind and decide to go to Amsterdam or something first.

Decided to leave my job in mid June and then four weeks later I was unemployed and technically homeless on the other side of the world, with no clear plan or return date. Feeling like a pretty good decision atm
    Amsterdam is great. I'd recommend it, and Brussels/Brugges too.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I have a month to decide if I'm going to bother showing up for my 10 year high school reunion. Eh....
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Scar - I want to see Evil Balls in action.
    First mortar blew up in the tube, sending shrapnel everywhere. No casualties, and a few rather elevated heart rates, (creepily, not mine). I just finished typing a nice little letter to the company.

I'm very strongly considering joining the Canadian Armed Forces.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I'm very strongly considering joining the Canadian Armed Forces.
    Why and why not?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've pretty much plateau'd where I'm at, and I'm honestly sick of retail. It's making me really hate people, and I am finding it harder and harder to think of reasons why I should stay. I am not what they are looking for to advance to Store Manager, and honestly I don't think I want that anyways.

The military would provide endless possibilities for education and work, the pay is great, I could support Jen and I (which I can't do now - we still live with my folks) and it would be much more gratifying.

The only think that's holding me back is health concerns - mainly that I am on anti depressants, and apparently applicants have to get off medications like that in order to be accepted.

Well good luck with whatever you decide.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I think Donald Trump running in the presidential race is the best thing to happen to US politics in decades. He is the perfect embodiment of what a joke our whole system is, and is absolutely mocking the entire process. The only reason he is in the position he is in right now, in terms of the presidential race, is his money. We all know that all it takes to be taken seriously in Washington is having money, and his place in the polls is exemplifying this to perfection. It's amazing.

Also, because he doesn't need money from the likes of the Koch Bros. et al., we can actually believe that everything he says he actually believes. He may be the most honest candidate to run in decades because he is not being controlled like some talking head puppet.

It's so fascinating.
    Last edited by D_Davis; 08-11-2015 at 06:04 PM.

The thing he said at the GOP debate about political contributions is actually really great, except he went away with the worst conclusion from his own point. It's kind of amazing.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It's as if he knows that he is the candidate America deserves, and not the one we want. Not only is he being completely honest, but if we vote him in, then for once the American people are being honest with who we are and what our country actually stands for.

And the Republicans hate it.

It's all a glorious mess.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I've pretty much plateau'd where I'm at, and I'm honestly sick of retail. It's making me really hate people, and I am finding it harder and harder to think of reasons why I should stay. I am not what they are looking for to advance to Store Manager, and honestly I don't think I want that anyways.

The military would provide endless possibilities for education and work, the pay is great, I could support Jen and I (which I can't do now - we still live with my folks) and it would be much more gratifying.
    You gotta do what you gotta do, and good luck, but it's situations like yours that disillusioned me about military recruitment.
    Movie Theater Diary

How do you mean?

I will never recommend someone joining the military, especially as some kind of last choice/hope option for financial stability.

Maybe if you're over 30, and going in as an Officer, with a clear-cut goal to serve your time, get an education, with a civilian job all lined up.

I thought of going through the Officer's Training program as an RP (religious personnel) to become a chaplain, but it didn't make sense in the long run because that really wouldn't prepare me for any kind of civilian job.

My buddy signed up the RP program, and 6 months later 9/11 happened. He ended up being separated from his wife and new born son for 3-4 years while he was stationed in the middle east.

He got out, and now he's a militant anarchist.

There's gotta be some other kind of government job you can get, no?