Page 1711 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 711121116111661170117091710171117121713172117611811 ... LastLast
Results 42,751 to 42,775 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Will start sometime in February or so.
    Oooh, you don't wanna be here in February. Trust me on this one.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Or Monday, according to the weather reports.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

A question for anyone with iPhone experience and knowledge...

I downloaded the single of "Blame" by Calvin Harris off iTunes a few weeks ago. Then today I downloaded the full album it's on. However because I downloaded the single separately, it has it listed separately in my Music folder as seen below...

...is there any way to get it back in the album?

It's supposed to be track #3.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I know sometimes people don't check different forums, but if any of you haven't checked it yet we're doing some band consensus stuff going on in the music forum. Today's the last day to get in your thoughts on Radiohead albums.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    A question for anyone with iPhone experience and knowledge...

I downloaded the single of "Blame" by Calvin Harris off iTunes a few weeks ago. Then today I downloaded the full album it's on. However because I downloaded the single separately, it has it listed separately in my Music folder as seen below...

...is there any way to get it back in the album?

It's supposed to be track #3.
    Going to iTunes on your computer and editing the details of all the files so they have the exact same tag information (Select and right-click > Get Info) may work. Otherwise select all the tracks and choose "Get Info" and then select "This album is a compilation" may force them together, but no guarantee what will happen after that. Good luck!
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Cool, thanks!!

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Will start sometime in February or so.
    Oof. I hope you have appropriate Winter clothes and a taste for belly-warming alcohol.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Oof. I hope you have appropriate Winter clothes and a taste for belly-warming alcohol.
    I'm from Colorado, but since I was in CA last winter, it's been a while since I've seen the cold blast.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I know sometimes people don't check different forums, but if any of you haven't checked it yet we're doing some band consensus stuff going on in the music forum. Today's the last day to get in your thoughts on Radiohead albums.
    Too bad I haven't heard their first one yet. I have listened to the rest.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Tomorrow will be my last day at this job. I will have worked here almost exactly six years. Even though it got pretty awful at the end, I'm proud of a lot of the work I did and there are people I will definitely miss.

[Real Convo:

RECEPTIONIST: We'll miss you. Everyone here really likes you.

ME: Aw, thanks. I really like... almost everyone here.]

Anyway, as I look back on the last several years, and what I want from my career in the future, I keep coming back to one thing.

I hope I never again work at a job where I have to deal with the after-effects of a man accidentally scratching his testicle off.

Because that was not fun for anyone.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I just found out what all the blood was from. All I knew was that a guy went to the hospital from it.

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

[
    ]
    August 2011. Never forget.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Since my laptop went on the fritz I've watched probably 10 movies. I'm starting to think an online hiatus sounds good.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Mmmm. Thermal underpants.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Mmmm. Thermal underpants.
    Since I had to sit outside watching my oldest son play soccer into the second week of this month, I've worn my long johns about ten times already this year. Never regretted it. Soooo comfy and warm.

There is a guy at my new job whose name is not-- but is very close to-- Sir David Dragono.

(Me: Do you call him Sir?

Co-Worker: Yes, we do.)

Tramp is such an odd word.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Now that I am commuting by bus to work I am getting friendly with my "morning ladies" at my stop and with my drivers. This morning at the stop we waited outside the shelter because a man in the shelter was having a major full-body event which looked drug-induced, though not heroin. (I can spot heroin abuse by sight now, and this was something different.) He didn't look like he was in pain and he was semi-concious, so we just ignored him and talked about Christmas cards.

Once on the bus a young person got on and didn't realize her pass was depleted. The driver let her wait to the side while the ladies and I fished out change to cover her fare.

Baltimore: land of contradictions.

A trans gender person was hired at my store last week, to work as a cashier/customer service desk employee.

They haven't even been with us for a week and other employees are bullying them trying to make them leave.

I hope all of those people get fired.

I think using "them"/"they" is considered less desirable than whatever gender he or she identifies with. So if a woman, you can go ahead and say "she" if that's what she prefers. Just fyi. But yeah I agree, it's ridiculous how uptight and aggressive people can get, and transgender/transsexual people are probably the easiest targets.

EDIT: I realize it's possible this person actually does prefer "they"/"them," though. It gets a bit confusing sometimes, but it's hard to err if you just ask what they prefer.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I wasn't intentionally writing them/they. Just how I wrote my post.

He's a guy.

Wow. The head priest at my high school was just charged with molesting a 14 year old boy in 2008.

Best part? All that will happen to him is forced retirement.

So who's listening to This American Life's Serial? Holy shit - this is the most riveting thing I've ever listened to. It's a real life, audio-only version of Twin Peaks. The other night, my GF and I arrived at our friends' house for dinner, and we sat in the car an extra 7 minutes to finish the episode we were on.

Better question is who isn't? And why not?

I love how it's become the first ever watercooler podcast.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Totally. We're only on episode 5 right now. It's been sitting on my phone since it started, and we finally got around to it a few days ago.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, anyone not listening to Serial is making poor life decisions. It's masterful storytelling, and an incredibly compelling mystery.