Page 1503 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 503100314031453149315011502150315041505151315531603 ... LastLast
Results 37,551 to 37,575 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

So, when people obviously don't know my name and are just guessing or misremembering, I am most often called Elizabeth, or occasionally Jennifer.

But someone today said, "You're Tammy, right?" And I'm like, "TAMMY? DO I LOOK LIKE A TAMMY?" because apparently I find that name totally offensive. Who knew?
    ...and the milk's in me.

It would be just my luck if this site was riddled with Tammys.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    It would be just my luck if this site was riddled with Tammys.
    My mother's name is Tammy.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    So, when people obviously don't know my name and are just guessing or misremembering, I am most often called Elizabeth, or occasionally Jennifer.

But someone today said, "You're Tammy, right?" And I'm like, "TAMMY? DO I LOOK LIKE A TAMMY?" because apparently I find that name totally offensive. Who knew?
    [img="400"]http://s3.amazonaws.com/img.goldderby.com/images/1341017798_2007_connie_britton .jpg[/img]
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

95% blocked. Lower heart operating at 20%. It was only a mild heart attack, but he has plenty of damage, and this one pushed him over the edge. Stubborn sonnofabitch. Surgery tentatively set for Monday.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    :-/

Sounds like he's fighting through though.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Job offer from the library today. New era begins on 3/18.

Catching up:

-beer costs between $6 and $8 up here for a pint

-how can someone be known as both Elizabeth and Jennifer?

Celebratory sushi tonite. Wife is bomb.

- - - - -
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

Why would you go out on a Friday night in the city wearing a hoody, jeans, and some shitty ball cap? You look like you're five minutes away from mowing somebody's lawn.

Listen. I get you're wearing these lovely floral print tights. Really. I get it. It's a great choice. BUT WHY WOULD YOU DOUBLE DOWN AND WEAR THEM WITH FLORAL PRINT HEELS TOO. Seriously. Wtf. You're not Poison Ivy. You're not a villain in a comic book. Also, the black dress with the brown leather belt? Fucking seriously? WHO IS DRESSING YOU. WHO IS DOING THIS.

Finally, whoever is putting that same Amy Winehouse song on the jukebox three times in an hour, seriously. Stop it.

This is going to be a rough night.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

Why would you go out on a Friday night in the city wearing a hoody, jeans, and some shitty ball cap? You look like you're five minutes away from mowing somebody's lawn.

Listen. I get you're wearing these lovely floral print tights. Really. I get it. It's a great choice. BUT WHY WOULD YOU DOUBLE DOWN AND WEAR THEM WITH FLORAL PRINT HEELS TOO. Seriously. Wtf. You're not Poison Ivy. You're not a villain in a comic book. Also, the black dress with the brown leather belt? Fucking seriously? WHO IS DRESSING YOU. WHO IS DOING THIS.

Finally, whoever is putting that same Amy Winehouse song on the jukebox three times in an hour, seriously. Stop it.

Quoting for future preservation.

Someone needs to leave his phone behind when he goes out.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Unless someone is wearing neon colours which are reflecting into my eyes or high heels and whining about it, I really find it impossible to care how they dress themselves.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

Pics man. Pics.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

This is, like, verbal Instagram.

In a little over three hour's time, I am putting on a speedo & wrestling mask and belly flopping into a hole in the ice. That's what a guy needs to do these days to raise $1000 bucks for the Special Olympics.

Wish me luck!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Taking pictures of people in a bar for the purpose of making fun of them on the internet is the behavior of a smallminded cunt.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

last night i was out on the town with a friend and there was a group of preteen girls walking up and down the same block (the one with all the bars) i guess celebrating justin bieber's birthday.

they were wearing like full green man outfits underneath (of varying colors) so their faces were creepily covered and faux fur animal hats

it was weird

there was also a guy in a chicken suit berating people in front of the starbucks nearby

jersey

At the music festival I was at yesterday, I kept seeing this dude dressed in a diaper walking around with his friend that was dressed as Batman.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    At the music festival I was at yesterday, I kept seeing this dude dressed in a diaper walking around with his friend that was dressed as Batman.
    That was Robin.

I'm going to be in NYC from July 7-14th. Anyone feel like meeting up? I'd love to grab a drink with anyone who is available.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I'm going to be in NYC from July 7-14th. Anyone feel like meeting up? I'd love to grab a drink with anyone who is available.
    Sure. Oh, wait.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Sure. Oh, wait.
    Plan a vacation for the same dates!

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Wish this happened while I lived there. Would love to meet you. Have fun. NYC is probably my favorite place.