Page 1472 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 472972137214221462147014711472147314741482152215721972 ... LastLast
Results 36,776 to 36,800 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Done.
    And done.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    And done.
    And done some more.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Doned.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

ritch:
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    And done again.

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    It is done.
    Writing things for A Horizontal Myth.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Calling on a favor: my blog's Facebook page has a pitiful number of likes at the moment. Can you guys just... like it? Even if you end up hiding it from your timeline. :sad:
    Sure. Return the favor, maybe?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    if any of you need me to like anything it will be done. Since the facebook I have associated with this browser is that of my bird facebook page.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I saw that the other day, and came the closest I've ever come to throwing up just from seeing and reading something.

I already won't eat KFC, this just adds to that.

What's more, this same thing has happened to numerous people, and yet other people still eat there. WTF?

I don't know, lots of people have car accidents and I still drive.

Any time you go to any restaurant, you are putting your trust in the people behind the counter. Good luck everyone!
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I don't know, lots of people have car accidents and I still drive.

Any time you go to any restaurant, you are putting your trust in the people behind the counter. Good luck everyone!
    Yeah, but with driving you are risking an accident in order get to places you need to go. With KFC you are risking biting into a chicken brain in order to eat horrible food that comes from nightmare factories.

Actually, I haven't been to a KFC for months and months and months. But it's not because of a fear of contamination - that shits full of fat.

I just find it funny that people get all horrified at the idea that strangers being paid bugger all don't really give a shit about other people's food, when they shouldn't be eating it in the first place because its basically a calorie and fat delivery mechanism.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I bet it still tastes like chicken.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Kidneys are delicacies here. You can order lamb kidney as fast food.

You'd be surprised what the back rooms and kitchens of your local groceries and restaurants look like....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Kidneys are delicacies here. You can order lamb kidney as fast food.
    I'm down with eating offal.

I don't know why or how some of you are throwing all restaurants and groceries stores into the same ring as KFC. Mind boggling.

I don't know why or how some of you are throwing all restaurants and groceries stores into the same ring as KFC. Mind boggling.
    Because one of the things I do is audit food safety.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Because one of the things I do is audit food safety.
    So do you just not eat out anymore?

So do you just not eat out anymore?
    Eh. I prefer to go to places with open kitchens. Don't really go out much, and typically only buy meats and deli meats from stores that I audit and trust.

Once you start auditing food safety, it never shuts off. :P

Here's a quick thing to look for while shopping at a grocery deli: The person who's serving you ready to eat lunch meat, when was the last time she changed her gloves/washed her hands? Was she just handling raw chicken at the fryers? That pre made sandwich you just bought, did they prep raw product on the cutting board and not clean it before they made that sandwich?

Oh, and I swore off cubed steak after my first week auditing some years back. Granted, I never ate it, but those cubers were fucking disgusting. 95% of my stores now they're clean as a whistle.

EDIT: Some meat cutters refer to cubed steaks as maggot steaks.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Here's a quick thing to look for while shopping at a grocery deli: The person who's serving you ready to eat lunch meat, when was the last time she changed her gloves/washed her hands? Was she just handling raw chicken at the fryers? That pre made sandwich you just bought, did they prep raw product on the cutting board and not clean it before they made that sandwich?
    Related but for the home cooking: how many people use the same spoon/utensil before and after browning the ground beef?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    Related but for the home cooking: how many people use the same spoon/utensil before and after browning the ground beef?
    I'm pretty paranoid about cross contamination. I always chop veggies and meat with different cutting boards and knives, and am careful about utensils when cooking.

My roommate is much more conscientious about cooling things off (for instance, insisting that food cool down on the counter before put in the fridge for leftovers.)
    ...and the milk's in me.