Page 1449 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 449949134913991439144714481449145014511459149915491949 ... LastLast
Results 36,201 to 36,225 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

I think "Random Construction Worker" should be the Match Cut Award host this year.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

this thread sucks now here's a monkey in a shearling coat

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I'd like to apologize to Mara for being the one who opened this wormhole to begin with.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

GUYS ONLY 14 MORE SLEEPS TO CHRISTMAS!

Santa can come into my house because I met him once in a department store.

No Krampus or Black Peters allowed though. I don't know you and you're too scary / racist.

I started reading bodybuilding forums and looking up all the hate for Planet Fitness and it is kind of hilarious. The butthurt is so strong it's making me want to join a PF.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I started reading bodybuilding forums and looking up all the hate for Planet Fitness and it is kind of hilarious. The butthurt is so strong it's making me want to join a PF.
    There are two by me and the few people I know who go there rave about them.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

It's basically a real life Average Joe's from Dodgeball. So bodybuilders are really offended by the gym for some reason.

A sampling:

Its the dumbest gym ever. Its made for the ppl who arent serious about making changes to their bodies.
    even if it is all you got, dont go there. if someone who actually likes working out and isnt a 30+ years, 300 pound hippo, heard you went there, they would never let you live it down. DONT GO!!!!!!!! keep your dignity
    And creme de la creme (so good I thought this is a troll post at first, except the guy is a top repped member whose posts always read like this):

i first walk in and its like boner city in there. just slack jawed phags wall to wall. big sign that says "judgement free zone"...da ****? judgement is what motivates me. i walk into the locker room throw my sweater in the locker, put on the workout music and go out with a sleeveless on. get stopped by this curt cobain looking fuk (no hate love nirvana) cause thats not allowed...i just bert stared him and kept walking. guy retreated behind the counter.

walk over to the free weights and start doing my thing and theres this light thing on the wall. im just like whatever. start doing my sh*t and at the last set i guess i was getting a little intense cause this guy kept looking at me i was breathing hard or something. he went and talked to kurt and this light started flashing. didnt understand why but then i saw their were lights everywhere so i figured it was part of the whole thing decoration wise. prolly shouldnt have skipped the tour cause i guess that light signals your disturbing others...idk.

next set doing some chest press and drop the weights quite a few times lights flashing im like whatever. kurt walks over and explains the light to which i reply "come at me bro" to which kurt replies "i swear i'll wreak you"...kurt was aware. i then said "kurt, im going to write a hate thread about you tonight on bb.com for being a major phaggot today...and cause you dont even lift...pls go" i walk off and finish up with some cardio.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I think one thing to remember is that roommate choices and person/friend/acquaintance choices are two very different things. I have many friends who I love dearly that I would never want to have as roommates. The Mormon community is a nice one in that they are very good at networking and you're able to find a perfect fit pretty easily. When I lived in Boston they had a mailing list specifically for housing only to everyone that was single and Mormon in the greater Boston area. I was able to send out a message asking for roommates who were able to sleep through noise since I knew I was going to be working graveyard shifts and would often be awake all night when I was home. Also knowing that people had similar life experiences was a nice thing to have when looking for a roommate. It's easier and sometimes better to live with someone who you have commonalities with then it is to live with someone random. From the outside Mara's experiences may look weird, from someone who lived inside that concept it's very normal everything she said. Many people are used to the concept of people staying over because they've had crazy parties where people will sleep the night (In Mormon communities people don't drink so that likely won't happen) or they have significant others (when you are planning to save yourself for marriage, the concept of having opposite gendered folk over is not too far fetched.)

It's not so much about acceptance of other cultures, other points of view or any of that. It's about roommates, and we've all had bad roommates who could easily be great friends if they weren't our roommates. Having your home be stressful is one of the worst things ever.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?

I'm surprised that dude didn't drop a NO HOMO in his "rant."

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?

I'm surprised that dude didn't drop a NO HOMO in his "rant."
    He kind of did. I didn't copy it because it's long but he went on to say that he eventually got kicked out because he got into a screaming match with a gay couple because he tried to make them stop touching each other. He clarified "no homo hate" but it was distracting for his workout.
    Movie Theater Diary

He kind of did. I didn't copy it because it's long but he went on to say that he eventually got kicked out because he got into a screaming match with a gay couple because he tried to make them stop touching each other. He clarified "no homo hate" but it was distracting for his workout.
    LOL!

Classic.

The problem with Planet Fitness is that it discriminates against people who lift heavy weights and does so in a very public fashion. Their "lunk alarm" is incredibly offensive and the way they publicly shame anyone who sets it off is embarrassing.

Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    The problem with Planet Fitness is that it discriminates against people who lift heavy weights and does so in a very public fashion. Their "lunk alarm" is incredibly offensive and the way they publicly shame anyone who sets it off is embarrassing.
    Seems weird that they would do that, and also tell someone to not wear a sleeveless shirt though. I understand the meaning behind the "lunk alarm" but couldn't an employee simply remind the customer that it's also disrespectful to grunt like that?

I don't know. Just seems weird.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seems weird that they would do that, and also tell someone to not wear a sleeveless shirt though. I understand the meaning behind the "lunk alarm" but couldn't an employee simply remind the customer that it's also disrespectful to grunt like that?

I don't know. Just seems weird.
    Basically, they do everything they can to keep out body builders and serious muscleheads without having to explicitly say so, since the gym is meant to cater to beginners who want to do cardio and old people. So they have these rules that explicitly ban things that appeal to body builders as a sly "go somewhere else." They also don't allow dead lifts, anything that causes excessive sweating and flexing, and don't have heavy equipments. They even have murals that show muscular people inside the forbidden sign.
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Basically, they do everything they can to keep out body builders and serious muscleheads without having to explicitly say so, since the gym is meant to cater to beginners who want to do cardio and old people. So they have these rules that explicitly ban things that appeal to body builders as a sly "go somewhere else." They also don't allow dead lifts, anything that causes excessive sweating and flexing, and don't have heavy equipments. They even have murals that show muscular people inside the forbidden sign.
    It sorta makes sense from a business perspective. I know a lot of people who don't go to the gym because they just afraid of being judged by the people at the gym. I didn't even know that's what PF was all about. Good for them.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

No thank you.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So do you get booted out if you become muscular and big because of the fitness center?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It sorta makes sense from a business perspective. I know a lot of people who don't go to the gym because they just afraid of being judged by the people at the gym. I didn't even know that's what PF was all about. Good for them.
    Aren't they just as guilty of judging people when they put up pictures of people that are "forbidden" in their gym? I have no problem with their business model but the way they go about executing it is juvenile and petty.

Quote Quoting Robby P (view post)
    Aren't they just as guilty of judging people when they put up pictures of people that are "forbidden" in their gym? I have no problem with their business model but the way they go about executing it is juvenile and petty.
    Good point.

"Body builders are all sooo judgmental."

I can see the point of trying to find a market niche to attract casual gym goers, but their are less obviously dickish ways of doing it.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I think that's a bit far. Maybe the answer is a gym that's more inclusive, like if stronger clients had their own separate machines and water fountains, and there could be three bathrooms, for men, women, and strongies. After all, separating them doesn't mean they're not equal.

They have free pizza on Mondays. That's all I need to hear.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    So do you get booted out if you become muscular and big because of the fitness center?
    :lol:Nice one

- - - - -
    1) I'd love it if those bodybuilder posts turned out to be astroturfed.

2) Find it odd the thread went from discussing the arbitrary rules inside Mara's house to the arbitrary rules inside Planet Fitness.