Page 1230 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 230730113011801220122812291230123112321240128013301730 ... LastLast
Results 30,726 to 30,750 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Man, them Monster Cable folks just be trollin'.

Buy a HDMI here for a $1.30 Retails for $80, lol

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Buy a HDMI here for a $1.30 Retails for $80, lol
    I spend the extra couple bucks for braided cable, since we have demon spawn running around the house.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    When I worked at Circuit City we would get a boat load of commission for selling those things. Like if I sold that cable there I'd probably get $20-30 commission where if I sold a $129 dvd player I would get $2-3.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yeah it's funny how stuff like that provides the largest margin for stores.

At Lowe's we have appliances that are sold for just a few hundred dollars over cost (say an appliance's price is $800, it probably cost the store $600).

But then stuff like screws, drill bits and the like often have like a 400% mark-up.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Li Lili (view post)
    I used to do this kind of job for some researchers of the Architecture School and also for the Equipment Research Centre. I thought it was interesting (the subject matter anyway), but it does take a long time to do it at first. After a while, you get used to, and it's easier.
    If this was my job I'd probably be less critical of it but having a full time job and going to school already it's not really worth my time to help my mother in law out for the amount of money she's paying me. By the time I format everything, have it notarized and sent back out to here I'll have spent around 20 hours on it. I already told her I won't be doing it again.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I feel your pain EWO. I've been procrastinating for the past hour because I know I have to transcribe for an hour. It's just so tedious.

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    When I was in Sweden, I was going to try to meet up with him in Denmark. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.
    I'd still be drunk to this day. :lol:
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    I need to get this.

:lol: That's so awesome. The funny thing is, people buy these because there is still a HUGE generation out there that refuses to buy things online.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

[youtube]TK4fjMhGn-I[/youtube]

This is a new one for me; An Asian supremacist. He defends his obviously flawless logic by talking about dragons and how some black people made silly remarks about him being Asian. Basically, he sounds like a pretentious philosophy student who's angry that he got picked on as a kid.
    Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    :lol: That's so awesome. The funny thing is, people buy these because there is still a HUGE generation out there that refuses to buy things online.
    What does buying online have to do with it? Monster cables are just as ridiculously priced online.

People buy it because they don't know anything about how digital cables work.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This may be my favorite (at least in the top 5) metal song of the year...

[youtube]3GI2mdKbHIg[/youtube]
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

This is in my top 5 of the year.

[youtube]guutBEbbde8[/youtube]
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    What does buying online have to do with it? Monster cables are just as ridiculously priced online.

People buy it because they don't know anything about how digital cables work.
    Ha, until you wrote this I didn't get it. I am of the group that has no idea how digital cables work.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    Ha, until you wrote this I didn't get it. I am of the group that has no idea how digital cables work.
    Let's just say the difference between a $129 "hyper speed monster" cable and $5-10 bought on Ebay are neglible at best. I think I bought my HDMI cable for ~$3 a few years ago and haven't had a single issue with it.

Agree with 8 that people would also pay insanely high costs for these on Amazon or wherever and figure they got a steal at $99 without having to leave their house.

A digital signal is a digital signal, no matter what cable it passes through. It really doesn't make any difference at all. Saying Monster Cables produce better quality picture is like saying that music on your iPod will sound better if you transfer the files using Winamp instead of iTunes. Or that coffee tastes better if you brew it in the attic instead of in the kitchen.

Yeah, some cables are better quality than others... in that they're more physically durable cables. But I use $2 HDMI cables and if they fray after 5 months, I just spend another whopping $2 for a new one. The picture quality on my HDTV is still not going to be any different from someone using a $2,000 gold-plated diamond-injected HDMI cable.
    Movie Theater Diary

But it's got hyper speed. HYPER SPEED!!!
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

So I purchased that HDMI cable. HOLY CRAP! I never knew TV and Movies could LOOK SOOOO GOOOD!

First of all, using this cable gives me the option to view any person I want to on the television in the nude. I can selectively choose which characters and people to see naked. It's awesome.

And damn, Hyper Speed 1000 is NO JOKE. Using a stopwatch and a measuring stick, I calculated that everything is now 1000 times more Hyper than before. It's like I've been watching TV with my head up my ass for the last 36 years.

First of all, using this cable gives me the option to view any person I want to on the television in the nude. I can selectively choose which characters and people to see naked. It's awesome.
    Watching The View will never be the same again!
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Watching The View will never be the same again!
    This makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Has a different effect on me.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Just got a freelance editing gig from a producer in Nashville. Go me!
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

How the US edition of TIME magazine has consistently different covers from their other editions.

Movie Theater Diary

Time Magazine has different, less interesting and less smarter covers and cover stories for their US audience? Wow. I'm glad I canceled my subscription. Also Newsweek, fuck off-your cover about what would Princess Di's Facebook look like now is the death of quality journalism. I think some woman who ran one of Britain's tabloids took over or something. Not that either magazine was the standard of decent news reporting, but its clear that both have gone drastically downhill.

I would rather pay more for say, The Atlantic, but its a monthly. Or even just read The Weekly Standard and Mother Jones-at least they admit to being biased, even if they are not the best magazines in the world.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Thank god for the internet. I abandoned those magazines in high school.