Thread: Top 10 Films Seen for the First Time in 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I certainly hope Jeepers Creepers 2 falls quick, unless you're just rating the opening.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I certainly hope Jeepers Creepers 2 falls quick, unless you're just rating the opening.
    My review:

I enjoyed the first film quite a bit. I remember when it came out a lot of people were put off by the monster having wings. Personally, I thought that was when the film got interesting. Either way, when this landed on Netflix, I queued it right away. The sequel provides a whole busload of shirtless teenage boys to be killed and eaten. The monster has graduated from something shadowy and unknown to a flying pedophile who taunts his young male victims with lip-licking and bedroom eyes. I'm not even exaggerating. The film starts out as a typical horror film, but changes into an action film near the end, when a vengeful farmer with a spear gun comes into play. Admittedly, these are some of the better scenes in the movie, mostly because the horror end of the film isn't scary at all. Much of the horror is played for laughs, sometimes even veering into "cartoon-y." Overall, not a bad continuation of the story, but nothing to keep me (or other audiences, apparently) coming back for more.