Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
What the hell? You think SARS viruses are Democrats?
I work in grocery. I come into contact with hundreds of people all day long every single day. As do all my coworkers. As do all the employees at every other store in my grocery chain, and at every walmart, Target, and every other big store that has remained open throughout the lockdown, and which are loaded with packed crowds every single day. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. Those working at other stores have not gotten sick. You’re not hearing about droves of employees dropping like flies with the illness. And this was even weeks before masks and other such precautions began being enforced. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And meanwhile, I know people who work at one of the hospitals here in town. It was fucking empty, and they wound up having to lay off staff due to having so few patients. And from what I’ve heard from others, this happened at hospitals all over the place too, mind you. I personally know far more people who have lost their jobs, or whose businesses have shut their doors for good, losing everything that they’ve spent their entire life building towards, than I do who have caught the virus. And I’m not saying that there isn’t a real virus, but it’s beyond naive to say that it hasn’t been blown incredibly out of proportion, and that the response to it has been anything but radically irresponsible. And even then, for most of those who do get infected, the rate of death is still incredibly low, and the vast majority wind up making a recovery.

The masks are political. Social distancing is political. The lockdowns were political. All of these catchy little slogans such “we’re all in this together” are political. None of it was ever about health, and every other week the new information coming out on the virus and how to take precautions was constantly contradicting itself anyhow. Remember earlier on when they said that wearing masks was actually more harmful? Because I sure as shit do. And then the fact that all the rules regarding the virus suddenly no longer apply if it involves protests with thousands of people on the streets in incredibly close proximity to one another only further proves that it’s all only ever been about politics.