Page 386 of 522 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 9,626 to 9,650 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Pats are the play. Colts are going on the road after a Monday game, which is two of the main things I look at, so even though it's Jacksonville, I would only use the Colts if there was nothing else. Saving the Colts for week 4, actually.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Pats are the safest bet this week. That NE/Minn score last week was a bit deceptive on just what a pushover MN will be without Peterson, and I don't want to get burned by a team galvanized by controversy. NO has looked pretty beatable. I'd throw Indy in there as a near lock. Jax looks pathetic, and I don't think there's any way the Colts start 0-3.
    Yeah, once the Pats blocked that field goal and returned it for a TD, it was almost game over. Big momentum shift. And its next to impossible to recover from four turnovers. I really hope they don't rush starting Teddy B.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I think NO, NE, and PHI are all safe bets. Not sure what I'm doing yet.
    I'd bet on PHI, but the Cousins factor feels like a wildcard. I might actually feel better about them beating RGIII. I still think they win, but not sure it's as safe as the other two.

NO hasn't been good, but they're usually world beaters at home. NE is obviously a gimme this week.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

NE is my most confident lock thus far.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Vincent Jackson or Pierre Garcon? PPR.

Director
    Not taking Pats. There's zero chance they lose but I generally don't use up the top 4-5 teams this early in the season. I'm leaning Atlanta tonight at home. Bucs look like shit and Thursday nighters are usually noncompetitive.
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Vincent Jackson or Pierre Garcon? PPR.
    I'd go with Jackson.

So, AP is taking a voluntary suspension - with pay - while his situation is sorted out, which will likely put him out for the entire season.

So, a season's paid vacation, huh? That'll learn 'um!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm going with Atlanta too Shaun. I'm saving the Pats for Week 7
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So, AP is taking a voluntary suspension - with pay - while his situation is sorted out, which will likely put him out for the entire season.

So, a season's paid vacation, huh? That'll learn 'um!
    Yeh but with these athletes not playing is like stabbing them in eye with a thousand samurai swords.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh but with these athletes not playing is like stabbing them in eye with a thousand samurai swords.
    Which is ironic, as that was how Adrian Peterson's parents disciplined him as a kid.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I'm going with Atlanta too Shaun. I'm saving the Pats for Week 7
    Good call on Atlanta, guys. The Bucs look absolutely pathetic.

Good call on Atlanta, guys. The Bucs look absolutely pathetic.
    I'm glad I took a chance and benched Vincent Jackson. I know game isn't over, but wow.

Maybe the most lopsided first quarter I've ever seen.

Boy, my starting Rainey is looking just a teensy, teensy, teensy bit like a mistake.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

UN. FUCKING. REAL. Seriously, I've never seen destruction like this in EVERY facet of the game.

UN. FUCKING. REAL. Seriously, I've never seen destruction like this in EVERY facet of the game.
    And now two touchdowns in twelve seconds.

It's currently 49-0. If you were brave enough to start the Falcons defense tonight, you'd be looking at 34 points in ESPN's point system.

Ugly game, just as almost all the Thursday games were last year. This score here would be a great reason to eliminate Thursday night games early in the season.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    And now two touchdowns in twelve seconds.
    I turned it off after the first of those TDs. Just had a friend text me to tell me Stephen Jackson scored a TD (fantasy bragging) and explain how they got the ball back. At this point, this game could be its own blooper video.

The Thursday night games continue to be terrible and one sided.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Not to bring up the past, but the Pats scored 35 points in the 2nd quarter during the infamous butt fumble game with the Jets. That the most points I've ever seen in a single quarter.

Not to bring up the past, but the Pats scored 35 points in the 2nd quarter during the infamous butt fumble game with the Jets. That the most points I've ever seen in a single quarter.
    It's not just the amount of points that were scored, it's the way they were scored paired with the absolute futility of the Bucs. How far into the second quarter before they got a first down? Almost halftime? At one point Atlanta had 28 points and over 200 yards of offense and the Bucs had 18 yards and no first downs. Every Atlanta unit had a TD after Hester's punt return. 56-0 after three quarters. I didn't watch the fourth quarter, so I can only assume TB got their TDs against the cheerleaders after Atlanta decided to call it a night.

Director
    I started Rainey and still got a respectable 13.5 points out of him in PPR. Yay garbage time.

One of the ugliest games ever, but I had Ryan and Julio. That first quarter might have won my week.

Director
    So this just dropped after Goodell's press conference.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...er-goodell-nfl
    Although the grainy video did not show what had happened behind the elevator's doors, the images horrified Ravens coach John Harbaugh, according to four sources inside and outside the organization. The Super Bowl-winning coach urged his bosses to release Rice immediately, especially if the team had evidence Rice had thrown a punch. That opinion was shared by George Kokinis, the Baltimore director of player personnel, according to a fifth source outside the organization but familiar with the team's thinking.

But Harbaugh's recommendation to cut the six-year veteran running back was quickly rejected by Ravens management: owner Bisciotti, team president Cass and GM Newsome.
    Basically Ravens senior management knew exactly what happened and underwent a campaign for leniency and a 2 game suspension with the NFL office.

Where's Raider's? We need a hometown viewpoint.