Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    No. The draft is exciting to me too.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I get excited for the draft every year.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I mean, I usually am interested in who is going where, and will tune in for the first ten or so picks and then flip around, but I'm genuinely excited this year and will be watching all night. It helps that my wife won't be home, otherwise that might not happen, but still!

Director
    I love the draft. And it's odd that I work 3 blocks from Radio City and can watch it live but I'd prefer to rush home so I can have multiple networks, Twitter, and internet forums up and running as I watch.

Jets are likely going BPA whether it's WR or CB. Outside shot at Eric Ebron if he fell. I don't buy any of the trade-up rumors that have been floated.

I'm only marginally interested in football, and even I am excited about tonight's draft.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I love the draft although I don't care if I watch it or not. May the Chiefs take a WR and may the Packers find a quality TE or defensive stud who won't get hurt midseason.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

My guess is Belichick this year will trade our first round pick #29 for 14 other picks in the 2nd, 3rd 4th rounds, OR swap with the number #30 overall pick.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director

Welcome the Jets new WR, Brandin Cooks.

I love football, and the draft is kinda cool, but I don't care about it. The players are all a crapshoot, and I can see who got picked after it's all over, without wasting my time watching nothing happen. Hell, when I do watch they are generally talking about some player who was picked 10 picks ago, or someone who may get picked soon, but rarely about what's currently going on with the actual draft itself. I remember turning it on while flipping through the channels a couple years ago. Seeing that my Bengals were on the clock, I stopped to watch. They went to commercials, and when they came back it was on the next team. Not a mention of the pick that was missed, they just moved on to talking about the best RB still available, or something. I had to wait for the scroll of picks to come around to it just to see who was picked while I was actively watching.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Hmm. With the exception of first round QBs, I'd argue that the first round of the NFL draft is more important than any other sport's first round draft. There's so many different position players that turn out to be great NFL players in the first round. I love seeing the transition from college to pros.

Director
    Friendly reminder that the draft is, over a large enough sample size, pretty much random and no one is significantly better at it that any other. The best way to play a lottery is just have more tickets.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Even if we look at executives’ drafts in three-year segments — which is, by definition, conditional on a GM retaining his job for six seasons (an eternity in the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world of the NFL) — the relationship between drafting performance from one three-year span and the next is weak at best.

While some veteran general managers were able to sustain positive returns above average over six or more years, even theirs were not unqualified success stories. Along with former Green Bay Packers GM Ron Wolf, ex-San Diego Chargers GM A.J. Smith and ex-Indianapolis Colts GM Bill Polian were the three best drafting executives in our data set on a per-pick basis. But as Pro-Football-Reference’s Stuart notes, despite Smith and Polian’s track records, both were fired from their posts after a series of poor drafts.

Is NFL Network the best TV option? I can't stand ESPN's guys. At least NFLN has Eisen.

Oh, and I desperately want Manziel to fall to the Cowboys. What a joyous train wreck that would be.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Oh, and I desperately want Manziel to fall to the Cowboys. What a joyous train wreck that would be.
    As a representative of the MN Vikings, I fully endorse trading the Cowboys our #8 pick to see this happen.

[
    ]
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I guess Bortles isn't going to MN.

Well, that's a bit of a surprise. Manziel is disappointed now, but the only thing worse than falling in the draft is getting drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

With their moves so far, I predict the Browns will go 3 and 12 and 1 this year. Fucking same old shit. :frustrated:

Oooh. I like the Gilbert pick for the Browns. He and Haden could be special together.

Detroit with Ebron is interesting. Watkins and Evans were long gone, and if Ebron can remain healthy, this could be an actually balanced offense, rather than throw into triple-coverage with CJ.

EDIT: Another Browns fan in Tulsa I talk to wanted Manziel. I'm starting to buy the idea that Bridgewater is what they want.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Oooh. I like the Gilbert pick for the Browns. He and Haden could be special together.

Detroit with Ebron is interesting. Watkins and Evans were long gone, and if Ebron can remain healthy, this could be an actually balanced offense, rather than throw into triple-coverage with CJ.

EDIT: Another Browns fan in Tulsa I talk to wanted Manziel. I'm starting to buy the idea that Bridgewater is what they want.
    All I hear is a phone war between Dallas and Cleveland for a QB from the lollipop guild. I'll take literally anybody to throw the damn ball that isn't named Brandon Weedon. I know we have Hoyer but we don't know what we have in him. 20 QBs since '99 makes one jaded as hell.

What can you tell me about Barr, other than that my cousin is having a coronary.

The Lions are perhaps the most poorly run franchise in sports. What a senseless pick. You have two talented TEs already and a ton of needs, and you take the TE. Idiotic.

Huh. I think I wanted Bridgewater just a bit more, but Manziel should be interesting with Gordon and Cameron. I'll be interested to see how long Hoyer holds onto the starting gig.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Aw thar ya goo, Skitch. Ya got dat Johnny guy, dere.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Ha Ha! The Packers made a great pick!
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Aw thar ya goo, Skitch. Ya got dat Johnny guy, dere.
    I was against Johnny at 4, but in the 20s? HELL YEAH!