Page 371 of 522 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 13029

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Seattle only allowed over 30 points once this season. To the Colts.

This is really a pretty amazing matchup. Top offense (possibly ever) VS. Top defense.

Defense almost always wins these.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Sherman will keep out Thomas. Does Seattle have answers for Welker/J. Thomas? I know they have the best defense, but Denver's going to figure at way to 24 points no matter the case.

Denver 30 23 Seattle
    Don't forget about Decker and Morneo. I just think that the Broncos have too many weapons for the Seahawks to handle. Also Peyton has been on this stage twice before while I think the nerves will get to Wilson.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

It's not Denver's weapons that really concern me. Not that they're bad (they're not); Seattle just has the size and speed to match up pretty well at all the positions. It's Peyton's ability to consistently find his targets at the right spots along their routes that has to be contended with. I'd be concerned about this even if his receivers were a bunch of Patriot-ish journeymen. Should be a fun chess match between Peyton/Gase and Seattle's secondary/coaching staff. Best QB ever vs. Historically elite secondary.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    It's not Denver's weapons that really concern me. Not that they're bad (they're not); Seattle just has the size and speed to match up pretty well at all the positions. It's Peyton's ability to consistently find his targets at the right spots along their routes that has to be contended with. I'd be concerned about this even if his receivers were a bunch of Patriot-ish journeymen. Should be a fun chess match between Peyton/Gase and Seattle's secondary/coaching staff. Best QB ever vs. Historically elite secondary.
    Pretty much this. If the D-line can pressure Manning, that would help Seattle, but Manning gets rid of the ball so quickly that I don't see that being a consistent enough factor to shut him down. It's all about the secondary getting physical with Denver's receivers and doing anything they can to break up the timing. Basically, they should watch the first 3 quarters of the Denver-Indy game and do that, although it's obviously much easier said than done since Denver still ended up with 33 points that game.

I'll go with Denver winning 24-20, but weather could play a huge role in this game too. Sunny skies, please!

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

Wonderful. A defensive coach that went 6-10 and who's defense made Brandon Weedon look good.

:frustrated:

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Wonderful. A defensive coach that went 6-10 and who's defense made Brandon Weedon look good.

:frustrated:
    At least Kevin Costner's their GM in Draft Day.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    At least Kevin Costner's their GM in Draft Day.
    My favorite part of the trailer is the opening where the 850 AM radio guy (real local guy I listen to every day) is giving him the business and he turns him off. :lol:

Director
    I like Pettine and think he did a good job with the Jets despite the scheme being almost entirely Rex Ryan's. Here's a 2002 article about Pettine as a high school football coach leaving to take a low-level Technology Assistant job with the Ravens. Pretty cool that him, Malzahn and Briles were all high school guys a little over 10 years ago.

http://articles.philly.com/2002-03-1...coaching-ranks
    "The Ravens are one of the NFL teams that like to use a lot of technology within their organization," Pettine said. "One of the things I'll be doing is converting playbook drawings to a new computer system."

I think Pettine is a pretty intriguing hire. Advanced stats show that Buffalo's defense was actually quite good. At the same time, wasn't Chud also a coordinator for a pretty mediocre team (7-9 Panthers) right before he was hired? Weird that they went to that well twice. The timing makes their F.O. look pretty bad, too. They waited all off-season for Adam Gase (DEN) and Dan Quinn (SEA) and end up hiring a guy who was available all along. Now they have to scrape for coordinators, which should have been unnecessary.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

His press conference was good. First guy to come in here and address changing the "culture of losing" the fans have been well aware of for some time. We don't need someone to come in here walking on egg shells and pussy-footing around the truth. No one on earth knows how bad the Browns have been more than Browns fans. We need a guy to come in here, kick some asses, and get this motor running. There's no excuse for the level of suckitude we've been subject to...we're a pro team, and everyone else seems able to turn it around in 1-2 years.

So where do Gase and Quinn end up? And possibly Del Rio even?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    So where do Gase and Quinn end up? And possibly Del Rio even?
    All the NFL coaching vacancies have been filled. The Browns job was the last opening, so they should all be sticking with DEN/SEA through 2014. Bonus of getting to the Super Bowl: hard for impatient teams to poach your assistants.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

All the NFL coaching vacancies have been filled. The Browns job was the last opening, so they should all be sticking with DEN/SEA through 2014. Bonus of getting to the Super Bowl: hard for impatient teams to poach your assistants.
    I think he was looking for predictions for coaching vacancies next year. I'd guess Jax, Oakland, Jets and Dolphins.

Broncos have a ridiculous amount of players going to free agency next year. They have to do it this year.

I think the Dolphins show up even stronger next year. The Jets seem likely.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I think he was looking for predictions for coaching vacancies next year. I'd guess Jax, Oakland, Jets and Dolphins.
    OAK/MIA seem pretty likely barring a miraculous turnaround by either organization. I think Gus Bradley gets at least three seasons in JAX, and they played pretty okay at the end of the year. Never know with Rex -- feel like he's bordering on either being fired or proclaimed Coach of the Year every other week. Jets GM has history with Seattle though, so could be an eventual fit for Dan Quinn (or OC Darrell Bevell?).

Some sneaky-good job openings for next year could be NY Giants and ATL depending how things go for them.
    letterboxd.

Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***

Some sneaky-good job openings for next year could be NY Giants and ATL depending how things go for them.
    Good call on those two. I'll add Dallas, because at some point Garrett has to get fired, right?

Director
    Gus Bradley was the best assistant under Pete Carroll and Jacksonville already hired him away. If and when that team ever gets some talent on the field, he'll be a good one. Bevell sucks. Rex Ryan rules and is not getting fired.

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    So the man who staked his future to the essence of mediocrity (Schaub) will now be OC for Joe Flacco. Hmm.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I have no preference who wins on Sunday. First time I can remember feeling this way.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

jesus christ this game fucking blows

The most embarrassing Superbowl I've ever watched. Surely.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I guess the debate goes on.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah, that was an embarrassment for everyone on Denver, and borderline unwatchable.

It was very watchable. In fact, I watched the whole thing. Very entertaining game. Scored in all phases of the game. FIrst Super Bowl team to do that. Don't know what everyone is complaining about. So it was a blow out? Big deal. Still fun to watch.