Page 17 of 141 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Director
    DeSean Jackson released outright; not even a trade. Sign him asap, Jets. Sign some of his gang's members too if they can catch a football.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    DeSean Jackson released outright; not even a trade. Sign him asap, Jets. Sign some of his gang's members too if they can catch a football.
    Vick or Geno to Jackson would be enough to get them a playoff spot.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Rumors that the 49ers and Browns, beyond frontrunner Washington, are also vying for Desean Jackson's talents. Really a fan of Jackson's talents on the field, but don't want the Browns near him. They're slowly righting that ship, and need the right locker room dynamic.

Better he go to the 49ers and continue to let Seattle/San Fran battle out their game of bravado. I'm assuming that Daniel Snyder won't, of course, do something stupid and sign him to a new 4-year deal. And since he's Daniel Snyder, there's no guarantee of that.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

I saw he signed with the Redskins. Have fun with that Washington.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Director
    Jets signed Chris Johnson as their change of pace, 3rd down back.

Vick and CJ should be fun to play in Madden anyways. Cheapo HB screens all day.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    :|
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Nice 1-2 punch there with Ivory and CJK, plus Powell as the 3 back. Too bad for the Jets Vick won't stay healthy enough despite having Decker and whatever WR they get in the draft to throw to. I know its just his second year in the league but I don't believe in Geno Smith as a starting QB.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

I also don't believe in Decker without an accurate QB.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

So far he seems worth the money.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Its the biggest day of the year for Cleveland fans: Draft day. Sigh.

Go Browns. Weeee.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Is it lame if I admit that I'm really excited to watch the draft tonight? All of the uncertainty about who is going where and the marquee names involved have bumped up my anticipation to an absurd level for an event that amounts to a man walking up to a podium every seven minutes to call out a name. I'm kind of embarrassed about it. The draft almost never sucks me in like this, but this year I'll be watching the whole first round for sure.

No. The draft is exciting to me too.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I get excited for the draft every year.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I mean, I usually am interested in who is going where, and will tune in for the first ten or so picks and then flip around, but I'm genuinely excited this year and will be watching all night. It helps that my wife won't be home, otherwise that might not happen, but still!

Director
    I love the draft. And it's odd that I work 3 blocks from Radio City and can watch it live but I'd prefer to rush home so I can have multiple networks, Twitter, and internet forums up and running as I watch.

Jets are likely going BPA whether it's WR or CB. Outside shot at Eric Ebron if he fell. I don't buy any of the trade-up rumors that have been floated.

I'm only marginally interested in football, and even I am excited about tonight's draft.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I love the draft although I don't care if I watch it or not. May the Chiefs take a WR and may the Packers find a quality TE or defensive stud who won't get hurt midseason.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

My guess is Belichick this year will trade our first round pick #29 for 14 other picks in the 2nd, 3rd 4th rounds, OR swap with the number #30 overall pick.

Director

Welcome the Jets new WR, Brandin Cooks.

I love football, and the draft is kinda cool, but I don't care about it. The players are all a crapshoot, and I can see who got picked after it's all over, without wasting my time watching nothing happen. Hell, when I do watch they are generally talking about some player who was picked 10 picks ago, or someone who may get picked soon, but rarely about what's currently going on with the actual draft itself. I remember turning it on while flipping through the channels a couple years ago. Seeing that my Bengals were on the clock, I stopped to watch. They went to commercials, and when they came back it was on the next team. Not a mention of the pick that was missed, they just moved on to talking about the best RB still available, or something. I had to wait for the scroll of picks to come around to it just to see who was picked while I was actively watching.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Hmm. With the exception of first round QBs, I'd argue that the first round of the NFL draft is more important than any other sport's first round draft. There's so many different position players that turn out to be great NFL players in the first round. I love seeing the transition from college to pros.

What can you tell me about Barr, other than that my cousin is having a coronary.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The Lions are perhaps the most poorly run franchise in sports. What a senseless pick. You have two talented TEs already and a ton of needs, and you take the TE. Idiotic.

Huh. I think I wanted Bridgewater just a bit more, but Manziel should be interesting with Gordon and Cameron. I'll be interested to see how long Hoyer holds onto the starting gig.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Aw thar ya goo, Skitch. Ya got dat Johnny guy, dere.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)