Page 8 of 522 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Discussion Thread

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    So, are you saying I should bench him for this upcoming game? :|
    You might want to keep an eye on the injury report just to be safe. The Chiefs like to "play the game", if you catch my drift.

Director
    Kolby 'Superfunk' Smith is about to run wild. And I only say that because being last in WW position in my league, he's my most significant acquisition in 2 months.

If Holmes were on the Patriots he'd still be listed as questionable for this week's game.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Kolby 'Superfunk' Smith is about to run wild. And I only say that because being last in WW position in my league, he's my most significant acquisition in 2 months.
    Heh. I grabbed him too. Why the heck not? Could be solid insurance come playoff time.

Seattle's Josh Brown vs. Devin Hester

I'm sorry, but the jubilation Brown exhibits here is simply glorious.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)

Quarterbacks and kickers are becoming defensive juggernauts. It's insanity!

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Quarterbacks and kickers are becoming defensive juggernauts. It's insanity!
    Can't top Fuad Reveiz (sp?!) getting a 15 yard unneccessary roughness penalty against him! :lol:
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Josh Brown is a tough cookie. I've seen him make at least a couple solid tackles. He had a great one in Denver last year.

Priest Holmes Re-injures Neck; Announcing Retirement

His fall from grace is a shame, especially after being able to recover from the knee injury he suffered in Baltimore.
    I figured he was going to retire after the season at the very least. Now the Chiefs don't have a running game and must depend on a rookie to help out a QB who's only been in the league two years and a rookie WR. God help KC. My favorite team is only winning 4-6 games this season, tops. They might even lose to the Raiders this weekend.

Anyways, thanks for all the great memories Priest. Easily one of the best RB's the Chiefs ever had, and I hope he gets into the Hall of Fame years down the road. He's actually my favorite player of all time (Brett Farve is second) and I still have the picture of his jersey next to Farve's in the Hall of Fame when I visited there after graduating high school. At the time Holmes had the record for most TD's in a season and Farve's I believe was in there for most consective starts by a QB. I thought it was awesome that their jersey's were side by side.

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)

Hah that's cool. Sometimes a kicker is the last line of defense....
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Heh. I grabbed him too. Why the heck not? Could be solid insurance come playoff time.
    Are you Colts and such as in the Matchcut Fantasy League?
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Are you Colts and such as in the Matchcut Fantasy League?
    Indeed I am.

I'm excited for the Packers-Lions game, as it will be the only close game today. The Cowboys will murder the Jets and the Falcons could make a good of things if they start Joey Harrington but instead they'll probably start Leftwich who has actually been worse this season, partly due to injury. The Colts should be thankful they aren't playing the Lions this year as I think the Lions could actually beat a banged up Indy team or at least play them really close.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Indeed I am.
    It's just that I've always thought you were Fire Millen and then that name was gone, so I was like, "Who's Colts and such as? This guy's kicking ass."

But I find it funny that you're a Colts fan and Tom Brady is your starting QB.

615 Film
    Letterboxd

It's just that I've always thought you were Fire Millen and then that name was gone, so I was like, "Who's Colts and such as? This guy's kicking ass."

I know he is such a cheater!

I wish that they scheduled competitive and enjoyable games on Thanksgiving...

I changed my name before the season started. And the only way to win at Fantasy Football is to put your personal bias aside and draft the player you know you should take, regardless of team.

The Packers kicked ass yesterday. The Cowboys and Colts winning wasn't surprising in the least. I don't think I've ever seen a competitive game on Thanksgiving, although I've only been watching football since 1996 so go figure.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

My predictions for the Top 5 in the draft, with the standings the way they are now:

1. Miami Dolphins - Matt Ryan, QB - Boston College
    2. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB - Arkansas
    3. St. Louis Rams - Jake Long, OT - Michigan
    4. New England Patriots - Glenn Dorsey, DT - LSU
    5. Oakland Raiders - Chris Long, DE - Virginia

615 Film
    Letterboxd

I forgot rule #1 in fantasy football, if a team plays on Thursday start their running back, since the team will typically rely on him. So I sat Barber III and now I need Chester Taylor to reaquaint himself with touchdowns. I also need someone to collect the bounty on Tom Brady's knees to beat KF this week. Somehow, I foresee another loss...
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Vikings Defense rocks it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The Chiefs are just as bad offensively as the Raiders were last season. Okay maybe not that bad, but they suck. And our defense is allowing the Raiders to run all day. Fuck. Shit. Goddamnit. I want Carl Petterson's head on a platter for failing to ship LJ around in a package that would have maybe got KC some good or even decent players. Oh and Dave Rayner's terrible kicking in this game caused the Chiefs mascot to pretend to bang its head into the goal post. That mascot represents just how I feel right now. We will rightfully lose this game. I'm pissed. No beyond pissed. In fact I've crossed over into general apathy. Well I'm almost there. Does the defense even try anymore? Kolby Smith is the only shinning spot in this game right now for KC.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Director
    Kolby Smith is a god.

I don't know if I want to watch another Chiefs game this season. At least the Bills actually put forth some kind of effort. I can't help but feel that KC has given up already.

On a happier note Brett Farve is awesome. If the Packers manage to reach the Super Bowl I can't help but think he'll retire, win or lose. But you never know. The guy's arm strength is still pretty high, which is surprising for a QB at his age.

With a brutal pounding of the Giants the Vikings avenged that blowout loss they suffered to NY back in the 2000 NFC championship game. LOL Eli Manning.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Kolby Smith is a god.
    He was on my bench, which sucks, especially because the Broncos announced shortly after 1 (thank you Shanahan, you bastard) that Selvin Young isn't playing. I had to pick up Najeh Davenport for a spot start. Pathetic. Still, hopefully he keeps up performances like that so I can use him down the stretch.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    The Chiefs are just as bad offensively as the Raiders were last season. Okay maybe not that bad, but they suck. And our defense is allowing the Raiders to run all day. Fuck. Shit. Goddamnit. I want Carl Petterson's head on a platter for failing to ship LJ around in a package that would have maybe got KC some good or even decent players. Oh and Dave Rayner's terrible kicking in this game caused the Chiefs mascot to pretend to bang its head into the goal post. That mascot represents just how I feel right now. We will rightfully lose this game. I'm pissed. No beyond pissed. In fact I've crossed over into general apathy. Well I'm almost there. Does the defense even try anymore? Kolby Smith is the only shinning spot in this game right now for KC.
    I was watching that game earlier and it almost put me to sleep. Talk about consistently sloppy football - even the tackles looked fundamentally unsound. Culpepper looked like an offense lineman in the pocket and with the way he threw the ball, some people may not have been able to tell the difference. I eventually turned it off since rooting for the Raiders physically pains me, despite my enjoyment of seeing the Chiefs lose. Thankfully the Broncos have finally got their offense together for several weeks in a row. Brandon Marshall is a beast and once Walker's fully healthy, Cutler should really be able to shine. Not that they have a shot of going anywhere in the playoffs this year, but if their defense can play a bit more consistently and they find a RB to stick with, they could actually make a decent run next season.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    if their defense can play a bit more consistently
    Ok, so scratch that. Their defense sucks balls and chokes on the pubes. I honestly didn't think it was possible to allow Rex Grossman to lead a team down the field to tie a game up. It's not televised, but I feel safe in assuming they played their typical bend-and-break Prevent D that's allowed teams to go up and down the field on us for the past 5 years. But Christ, it's Rex fucking Grossman.

Page 8 of 522 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast