Thread: Deepfake Stuff

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Deepfake Stuff

I dont have a problem with this use. One thing that bugged me from the original for years was that Arnold doesn't have any eyebrows on the animatronic.

Movement is still janky, which gives a robot movement touch, but the face is considerably better.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't know, the original has a bigger uncanny valley factor. Way, waaaaay creepier.
    Nayola (J. M. Ribeiro, 2022) ☆
    My First Girlfriend Is a Gal S1 + OVA (H. Furukawa/Y. Ogawa, 2017) ☆
    Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! (M. Hoshino/M. Minato, 2024) ☆
    Correr para Vivir (G. Dorantes, 2024) ☆
    The Bad Guys (P. Perifel, 2022) ☆
    Persepolis (M. Satrapi/V. Paronnaud, 2007)
    Coyote (K. Jerkovic, 2022) ☆
    Uncle from Another World (S. Kawai, 2022-23) ☆
    Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? + OVA (H. Kaneko/T. Tokoro, 2018-19) ☆
    The Dangers in My Heart, S2 (H. Akagi, 2024) ☆

First time ☆

- - - - -
    I like it as a proof of concept or for future use, but loathe the idea of studios "updating" old F/X Ă* la George Lucas.

A great deal of "Terminator's" charm are in those stop-motion effects you don't see any more.

Someone on reddit I think said that he was absolutely convinced there were scenes in Tomorrow War that were like reshoots that they just deepfaked with the actors faces to avoid the expense of reshoots or something. I don't recall any scenes specifically that would fit the bill, but I feel like it would have caused a bigger stink if it really happened.....unless it's already part of the process more than we realize.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer