Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19

You can take a lot of foods away from me, but if you come for my white rice I will murder the world.

The company I work for uses modified iPods with barcode scanners and mobile printers for completing things such as inventory counts, price audits, receiving our daily freight etc.

As of Monday, they made timely, daily execution of these tasks on the iPods a part of our eligibility for our quarterly bonuses.

The iPods have been down and completely unusable since Tuesday.

#retaillife

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    So what are the best bulk foods to stockpile right now in the U.S. before it really hits us hard in the coming weeks? Like am I gonna have to eat rice for every meal for a month? Cause I can do it if I need to, but wondering what else I can stock. Any good ideas?

EDIT: I should mention I can't do flour/wheat/gluten products. And produce goes bad fairly quick when it's fresh. Sorta limits things.
    Canned goods are a good start. If you get UHT milk/milk alternatives, they last quite awhile in the fridge (check expiration dates and shelf stable milk).

Canned or dry beans are a good item to have.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I find canned beans very hard to eat on Disney rides.

Healthy pastas (look for lentil / chickpea pasta), pasta sauces. Plan on storing shelf stable stuff, but grab a few things for the freezer or fridge. Never count on your fridge or freezer unless you have a back up generator, but its still nice to have some stuff in the fridge to eat first.

Canned tuna, chicken, pinto beans, some veggies. Bagged beans and rice last awhile, too. If you don't use them during the outbreak, we can discuss how to do long term storage with mylar bags and desicants.

We have plenty of normal pasta, but we don't have gluten issues.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

And Minnesota grocery stores have been nuts for awhile now, especially Costcos / Sams. I'd stock up now, and if you can avoid the crowds, avoid the crowds.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So what are the best bulk foods to stockpile right now in the U.S. before it really hits us hard in the coming weeks? Like am I gonna have to eat rice for every meal for a month? Cause I can do it if I need to, but wondering what else I can stock. Any good ideas?

EDIT: I should mention I can't do flour/wheat/gluten products. And produce goes bad fairly quick when it's fresh. Sorta limits things.
    Where were you two weeks ago when we were talking about this?

http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post615975
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I mostly recall talk of ammo, so I tuned it out.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Governor just announced Ohio schools will be closed for three weeks starting Monday.

Great. Who the fuck is paying for the babysitters? So now we're congregating our children together in sitters instead of schools. Fucking great

I mostly recall talk of ammo, so I tuned it out.
    Oh, we don’t want to talk about my ammo inventory. It’s not obscene, but there’s quite a bit.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Oh, we don’t want to talk about my ammo inventory. It’s not obscene, but there’s quite a bit.
    Lets instead talk about my corgi inventory. Excessive?

Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Not at all!

All Ontario schools closed for at least 3 weeks.

Stores are going to be NUTS.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Does not exist.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    All Ontario schools closed for at least 3 weeks.

Stores are going to be NUTS.
    Ohio schools shut down next three weeks.

FB memes about how its nothing have tripled today.

Apparently I'm the only one whos seen The Stand.

I got at least a week's worth of food and some freezer food in case all grocery stores/targets/etc end up closing. Basic pastas, oatmeals, some frozen food. Got a month's worth of dog food too.

Quite a few people beat me to the punch but I'll eat decent.

This was before I saw some schools are closing for three weeks...

Maybe I should extend those rations...

I am surprised that with literally every sport shutting down, that I still have some friends that are like, "It's going to be over in two weeks. What are the St Patty weekend plans?"

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What are the St Patty weekend plans?
    Paddy. Not Patty.

Paddy is derived from the Irish Pádraig.

Patty is the diminutive of Patricia, or a burger.

https://paddynotpatty.com/

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Paddy. Not Patty.

Paddy is derived from the Irish Pádraig.

Patty is the diminutive of Patricia, or a burger.

https://paddynotpatty.com/

I could've said St Party's Day, but I DIDN'T!

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Thanks so much, amberlita.

What is your opinion on how the media is handling this?

Was listening to a radio show yesterday and they were very strong in their opinion that the media is acting disgracefully, and fueling unneeded panic.
    I haven't really been watching the news. Don't have much time. Plus, I get real-time updates at work. I scan the Washington Post and listen to NPR on my way to work in the morning, and that's enough. CDC has TV's around the Emergency Operations Center and a few other buildings which typically run CNN, so I can see headlines but there's no reason for me to really watch it unless I wanted to hear the talking heads, which I absolutely do not.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Well guys, if the internet and all the power in the world goes out while America enters an inevitable quarantine, I wanted you all to know that I really cherish our friendship.

I have an all-staff meeting at my job first thing in the AM tomorrow. I'm fully expecting to be told to work from home for the rest of the month, and possibly for all of April.

I've got enough food to last me a month and a half. After that. . .who knows.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)

Yey doggies!
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Well guys, if the internet and all the power in the world goes out while America enters an inevitable quarantine, I wanted you all to know that I really cherish our friendship.

I have an all-staff meeting at my job first thing in the AM tomorrow. I'm fully expecting to be told to work from home for the rest of the month, and possibly for all of April.

If the Internet goes I'll lose my damn mind.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)

Yeah, I have three hours of dedicated Cov19 meetings tomorrow. If I'm part of helping 42+ stores close, that'll be... interesting.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I got at least a week's worth of food and some freezer food in case all grocery stores/targets/etc end up closing. Basic pastas, oatmeals, some frozen food. Got a month's worth of dog food too.

Quite a few people beat me to the punch but I'll eat decent.

This was before I saw some schools are closing for three weeks...

Maybe I should extend those rations...

I am surprised that with literally every sport shutting down, that I still have some friends that are like, "It's going to be over in two weeks. What are the St Patty weekend plans?"
    I have skepticism that my Whole Foods delivery will even arrive today. Apparently, the grocery store's are packed at 7am. Cmon people.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm worried about my family in Montenegro. It is literally the last country in Europe without a case of COVID-19. Even the Vatican, Andorra and Gibraltar have cases. They're either well isolated and controlled, or underreporting.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast