20. You may not vote on this poll
  • J.J to the rescue!

7 35.00%
  • It was nice knowing you Rian

13 65.00%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Is this free to stream for everyone else on Amazon?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Any word on when its hitting D+?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Is this free to stream for everyone else on Amazon?
    $19.99 to buy is all I'm seeing.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    $19.99 to buy is all I'm seeing.
    Crap i think I just used part of my $25 credit to buy this by accident

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Crap i think I just used part of my $25 credit to buy this by accident
    Almost positive Amazon has an automated process to refund one-click shit you bought by accident. (Hazy memories here but I'm pretty sure I've used it before.)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Almost positive Amazon has an automated process to refund one-click shit you bought by accident. (Hazy memories here but I'm pretty sure I've used it before.)
    I just looked again and it says "Promotion" and didn't come out of my credit. So I'm not sure why I got it for "free".

I had been half tempted to stream it until I watched that earlier today.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I made it through 35 seconds.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I made it through 35 seconds.
    I’ve watched just about every one of those. They become addicting.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

They are well made. They certainly nitpick the crap out of movies but in a way it puts things in perspective just how silly some scripts are.

I usually watch until they say something completely false. Not "opinion I dont agree with", I mean false.

I usually watch until they say something completely false. Not "opinion I dont agree with", I mean false.
    So what was false here?

"The Last Jedi asked you forget everything you knew about Star Wars."

False. TLJ is on track with everything I ever knew about Star Wars.

During that line, they showed Leia flying through the vacuum of space, Luke drinking green milk and Rey and Kylo pulling a lightsaber together.

Pretty sure all three were highly contested subject of the TLJ which makes that statement not false.

Leia wasn't flying through space, she was using the force to pull herself to the ship, the same way Jedi used it to jump super high plenty of times in previous films.

Luke drinking colored milk...Ep4: A New Hope.

Using the force to move a lightsaber...ffs

I'm getting hooked into another TLJ debate. I will not...I will not...

Edit: if the Leia thing you mean "because vacuum of space", are we really waiting till episode EIGHT to criticize Star Wars not being scientifically accurate?
    Last edited by Skitch; 03-25-2020 at 02:09 PM.

I like The Last Jedi, I think it's a good Star Wars movie and I totally get where that comment's coming from. In fact, I always find Honest Trailers makes pretty excellent points even if they're jokes. Cinema Sins is the one that deliberately distorts things to make cheap shots.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I like The Last Jedi, I think it's a good Star Wars movie and I totally get where that comment's coming from. In fact, I always find Honest Trailers makes pretty excellent points even if they're jokes. Cinema Sins is the one that deliberately distorts things to make cheap shots.
    I'll still watch Cinema Sins occasionally. When they're nitpicking an honest to God good movie, they will note that in their comments. Like John Wick 3, they mention repeatedly how great the movie was, but how it probably overstayed its welcome by 20 minutes, which I'm in total agreeance with.

Leia wasn't flying through space, she was using the force to pull herself to the ship, the same way Jedi used it to jump super high plenty of times in previous films.

Luke drinking colored milk...Ep4: A New Hope.

Using the force to move a lightsaber...ffs

I'm getting hooked into another TLJ debate. I will not...I will not...

Edit: if the Leia thing you mean "because vacuum of space", are we really waiting till episode EIGHT to criticize Star Wars not being scientifically accurate?
    Your using semantics against me. I saw the movies too. I know that Luke drank blue milk in the original trilogy. That's not even the point.

Your using semantics against me. I saw the movies too. I know that Luke drank blue milk in the original trilogy. That's not even the point.
    I thought we were talking about other peoples criticisms, not yours.

Oh come on, Skitch. It was the biggest ‘criticism’ to TLJ. I quite enjoy the movie myself, but the ridiculous amount of backlash for the movie resulted in Rise of Skywalker retconning just about everything from TLJ.

I thought we were talking about other peoples criticisms, not yours.
    I was. People had a problem with Leia using the force in a vacuum. I believe it was called the Marry Poppins scene? I rather liked that scene a lot.

People had a problem with Luke's character arch (including Mark Hammel) Not that he drank green milk and there it was a reference to blue milk.

And the fucking light-saber that was destroyed in TLJ magically returns in RoS. So this scene they absolutely wanted you to forget everything about.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Oh come on, Skitch. It was the biggest ‘criticism’ to TLJ.
    I know. Doesn't mean they're right.

And the fucking light-saber that was destroyed in TLJ magically returns in RoS. So this scene they absolutely wanted you to forget everything about.
    I know. But thats a problem with RoS. Lord I forgot about that. How lazy. I bet JJ did deal with it, but it was cut. Do we agree JJ didn't get final cut of RoS?

I know. But thats a problem with RoS. Lord I forgot about that. How lazy. I bet JJ did deal with it, but it was cut. Do we agree JJ didn't get final cut of RoS?
    Yeh I agree.

I can't believe "The Dead Speak" was a reference to a Fortnite tie in. That's crazy marketing. Not good marketing. I had no idea.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast