Thread: Film Awards Talk - 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't think I'm ever bothered when people hate bands. I just don't care. Not all music is for all people. I dig Queen. I hate Rush. I dig Led Zepplin despite most of their riffs are stolen and he sings like a wolverine has attached its fangs to his taint. I like Korn. I like latin music. I like orchestra music. I like Doris Day. I like some emo. I despise some emo.
    I'm not genuinely upset that three people in this forum don't like Queen. I do wonder what other wonderful stuff they dislike. Sunshine? Air? Life? But seriously, I, like you, have a varied taste in music and people sometimes do get outraged that I can appreciate, I dunno, a Schubert string quartet and Shakira.

This is my playlist if you really want to know how eclectic my taste in music can be - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4f...RmCJPu9Ly43Wmw

Anyway, I'm aware Bohemian Rhapsody made tons of money while being a shit movie but I think it was one of those surprise hits that don't really have staying power. I know a lot of people IRL who liked it but they weren't passionate about it - Joker fans are very passionate. And the plot twist is that very few of them seem to be potential mass murderers.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 01-16-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    This is my playlist if you really want to know how eclectic my taste in music can be - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4f...RmCJPu9Ly43Wmw
    *opens playlists*
    *first song is by UB40*
    *closes playlist*

Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I'm not genuinely upset that three people in this forum don't like Queen. I do wonder what other wonderful stuff they dislike. Sunshine? Air? Life? But seriously, I, like you, have a varied taste in music and people sometimes do get outraged that I can appreciate, I dunno, a Schubert string quartet and Shakira.
    I need to make better use of the quote button. My comments were not in any way pointed at you, even though looking back it looks like it. My bad. I just meant to be chiming in.