Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
I'm inclined to agree. This one has a lot of heart, which is surprising since The Hateful Eight is arguably his most sour and cynical film. I actually like all the driving scenes. They just seem cool and remind me a lot of '60s / '70s car racing pictures like Two Lane Blacktop.

My biggest gripe is the v/o from Kurt Russell, which is a device QT started doing in Eight and I found it annoying in that one as well (I guess I should be thankful he hired an actual actor instead of doing it himself). It completely over explains things QT should easily be able to show visually and diegetic rather than plopping a narrator on the soundtrack.

There's also a lot of bare feet. The hippie chick with Cliff didn't bother me, since rubbing her dirty feet all over his car seems like something a teenage hippie chick would do, but my beloved Sharon Tate wouldn't be the type to stick her bare feet on the seat in front of her at the movies. Having worked at a movie theater, that shit just triggers me.
Heh yeah the driving scenes were really cool. I think I gave the voice over part a pass because it was Kurt Russell-that guy has an awesome voice.

The feet fetish QT has though got taken to new creepy heights in this flick. I loved The Hateful Eight.