Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FIFA World Cup

I added a streaming "package" (DirectTV NOW) to my internet package temporarily, and tho I was able to watch one game live (or live-ish), the last few games I've tried to watch the stream on Fox Sports has bugged out the entire time. Kind of obnoxious. Tried cleaning cache and all that, nothing's working. It only works on Chrome anyway, so I can't use Firefox. What a pain.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Shocked at Spain and Portugal both out already. Jayzus!
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I'm now pretending to be Uruguayan. Man, that's a great team.

Insane penalty shoot-out. Schmeichel and Subasić were nuts.

Crazy day

Can this be considered the end of the Spanish era now? What a boring effort from them. There was never a sense of urgency from them, just banking on Russia getting tired, and making something easy happen. That was the result. Glad they're out.

I lost touch with the leagues this year since I don't have a main line of cable. Is that still the approach from Real Madrid, only with the best players from Portugal, Spain, Wales, and Croatia all to bank on?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Can this be considered the end of the Spanish era now? What a boring effort from them. There was never a sense of urgency from them, just banking on Russia getting tired, and making something easy happen. That was the result. Glad they're out.

I lost touch with the leagues this year since I don't have a main line of cable. Is that still the approach from Real Madrid, only with the best players from Portugal, Spain, Wales, and Croatia all to bank on?
    No. The Madridistas play more direct. Tiki-taka has always been more of a Barcelona thing.

Germans are mad right now

What is Japan doing, hell they are winning!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh this is pretty cool.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

2 headers. 2 goals. brilliant.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Goalie too short

Shocking

Quote Quoting kuehnepips (view post)
    What is Japan doing, hell they are winning!
    AND it's gone.

/southparkmeme

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Brazil / Uruguay for the final might make my head explode.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Brazil / Uruguay for the final might make my head explode.
    They meet in the semis, unfortunately.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Tuned in just in time to see Columbia tie it up on a header, and then lose in the penalty shootout.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Trivial detail but...holy cow I love the French uniforms! The jersey in their current game (against Uruguay) is white overall, but they just showed a closeup, and there are tiny, almost imperceptible little filaments of red and blue etched across the white, making up the French flag. There are also two short red and blue vertical stripes down the back from the neck. Very visually pleasing. Also I'm just a guilty-pleasure fan of anything that looks one way from a distance but you see something different close up.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Trivial detail but...holy cow I love the French uniforms! The jersey in their current game (against Uruguay) is white overall, but they just showed a closeup, and there are tiny, almost imperceptible little filaments of red and blue etched across the white, making up the French flag. There are also two short red and blue vertical stripes down the back from the neck. Very visually pleasing. Also I'm just a guilty-pleasure fan of anything that looks one way from a distance but you see something different close up.
    Probably the best jerseys of the whole World Cup.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Jersey:

--Homer

Bra - Bel felt like the Final

I'm fucking drunk right now. I honestly didn't think this could happen, us beating Brazil, because we never beat a major team in a major tournament. This is a milestone, my city just came to a standstill, chaos everywhere, it is our first semi-final in a world cup since 1986. I've been a huge skeptic of the Belgian squad, but today I'm deeply moved, because they finally proved they've got what it takes to go the distance against a perennial favorite.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    I'm fucking drunk right now. I honestly didn't think this could happen, us beating Brazil, because we never beat a major team in a major tournament. This is a milestone, my city just came to a standstill, chaos everywhere, it is our first semi-final in a world cup since 1986. I've been a huge skeptic of the Belgian squad, but today I'm deeply moved, because they finally proved they've got what it takes to go the distance against a perennial favorite.
    Was a really fun game to watch. Congrats!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast