Thread: What happens when a group of geeks are bored at work.

What happens when a group of geeks are bored at work.

So, today, I get sent a message about them finding a mummified dinosaur in North Dakota, which is pretty cool.

Someone made a crack about calling in Brendan Fraser to help fight the new mummy menace, and everything spiralled out of control.

We decided that he'd need an archaeologist, so we said that Dr. Alan Grant would show up, and that the undead raptors would be led by an undead Ian Malcolm (who died in the BOOK Jurassic Park).

So we had a throw down. Fraser/O'Neill (and any living dinosaurs he could tame) against Ian Malcolm and undead raptors.

Then someone said "wait...what about the Scorpion King?" and yeah, we had to add a third team...the Rock and his T-Rex mount.

Then I made the mistake of saying that Bruce Campbell needed to be in it, and then we had...

Ash vs. The Rock/T-Rex vs. Malcolm/Undead Raptors vs. Grant/O'Connell and friends.

The only question remaining is...

Who gets to be Ash's teammate?

(Yes, I know..its totally preposterous, but its a slow day at work)

One of my friends is seriously considering writing this up in graphic novel format if we can get it outlined.

Awesome.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    We decided that he'd need an archaeologist, so we said that Dr. Alan Grant would show up, and that the undead raptors would be led by an undead Ian Malcolm (who died in the BOOK Jurassic Park).
    actually he did survive. Lost world, the novel, like the movie, has him as the main character.
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    actually he did survive. Lost world, the novel, like the movie, has him as the main character.
    No, Fezzik is right. Jurassic Park ends with Malcolm succumbing to his wounds and dying. Then, miraculously, he's back in the second and Crichton stupidly does not explain how.

Quote Quoting iosos (view post)
    No, Fezzik is right. Jurassic Park ends with Malcolm succumbing to his wounds and dying. Then, miraculously, he's back in the second and Crichton stupidly does not explain how.
    i think he does. i vaguely remember the passage malcolm described himself as being in semi-coma but finally pulling through.

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    i think he does. i vaguely remember the passage malcolm described himself as being in semi-coma but finally pulling through.
    Hmmm... I do not recall this.

The first book is incredible. However, I thought the second book was one of the worst I've read. Dunno what happened.

Ian dies in the book. Lost World was a blatant cash grab.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Ian dies in the book. Lost World was a blatant cash grab.
    wryan like it though. but i do agree.

This is so awesome I think I just crapped my pants.

*sniff*

Yeah, I most definitely crapped my pants.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)