Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
Breaking up Google, Amazon and Facebook does not. If you want to lower the influence of big tech on politics, reform politics, not capitalism.
Oh I totally support that. Living in the Bay Area has made me acutely aware of the insane amount of money these mega corp tech companies have. I think people still think they are a "start up" or whatever but they are more cash flush than big oil or big pharma or any other industry now. I worked tangentially on a Google project and these people could start up several countries with how rich they are.

I also think there's a big issue with how communication and "news" is presented now. Going from print to online almost entirely means information is filtered through the big tech companies: google being the biggest but also facebook and twitter. Not to mention Amazon dominating e-commerce and Apple dominating hardware tech. I think it's time for feds to seriously look into Teddy Roosevelt style anti trust laws for these mega corps. I'd also include Disney in that too now that they are platforming w/ Disney+ and have bought out Fox's film division.