So I've fairly recently taken up the hobby/pastime of smoking cigars. Nothing major - I know of folks who have certain brands as "morning sticks", "afternoon sticks", "evening sticks" and the like, smoking 4-5 a day.

Hell, Sigmund Freud reportedly smoked 20+ cigars a day!

No, I smoke 1 or 2 a week, and am really enjoying it. While it's not for all, I find it quite a great flavour experience. I'm developing my tastes and determining what region's tobacco I like best, what sizes of cigars I prefer (yes, different sizes of an identical blend can taste very different) and brands I prefer.

So I'm going to be doing write-ups here as I smoke new cigars. I'm still at the point where I'm just trying lots of different types to - as I said - determine what I love and would be willing to spend money on again.

I'll also post pictures and some informationals as I go along, for anyone else here who would be interested in picking something up to try!

My reviews will cover several pieces of information...

-Statistics of the cigar (country, size, wrapper type [the wrapper is the outer leaf used to wrap the cigar], and overall length of time it took me to smoke it

-Body/strength (categorized as "mild", "medium" or "full")

-In-depth analysis of the flavours and quality of the cigar, broken down into thirds (first third, second third, etc.)

-A final closing statement on what my overall experience was like

Now, because I don't smoke cigarettes, my tolerance to nicotine is still very low (but building). I really, really do not enjoy the after effects of a nicotine rush (known as nicotine sickness - pale complexion, cold sweats, jitters, sometimes even vomiting).

So for now, I'm sticking to relatively mild sticks. Mild-to-medium tends to be my preference at this point.

There are many sticks out there (such as the Cain Double Maduro) which are basically "bragging rights" for guys to smoke and say they got through it. These sticks are so strong that even seasoned cigar smokers will experience ill effects after smoking them. I will be avoiding these cigars as best I can.

So, my first review will be up soon!

Any questions, feel free to ask. Like I said at the beginning, my experience is limited. But I'll try to find an answer if I don't know it

And of course, feel free to share experiences, favourites, or suggestions!