Page 737 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2376376877277357367377387397477878371237 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Now, this is just for information. I swear I have no ulterior motives.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57...devices-total/

Wii U sells 400,000 in USA, while the Wii sells 300,000 units in the same week.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

None of the electronics stores I've been to in Tokyo have a Wii U for me to play around with.

If they weren't region-locked, I'd so buy one right now.

I should be writing a paper. I'm thinking about how I'd like to play more Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days instead. Game's pretty incredible so far.

I've also got a ton of shit I bought on Steam sale I'm itching to try out, but won't get to for at least a few days.

Also thinking about how I'm so gonna be releasing my first "major" video game project on Friday. It's called Caverns of Khron and I've been working on it since January. I'll post more about it when it's out (it'll be free).

In the back of my mind, I'm trying to brainstorm a game project for the hobbyist game-maker club I just joined at Waseda University. I'll be doing lead design and programming, and I want to recruit musicians and artists from the circle to provide those assets.

I should really write this paper.

Video games.

Second Wii redesign announced as Mini Wii, coming on Dec 7th.

Brace yourselves, the "it will sell more units than the Wii U" comments are coming.

The Wii was like $90 for Black Friday. People grabbed it just cause...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    The Wii was like $90 for Black Friday. People grabbed it just cause...
    Yep. The DS also outsold the 3DS last week because of those same Black Friday deals.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So would you guys say the game is pretty awesome?
    XCOM? Yeah, it's great. Just really hard, in a completely different way than something like Dark Souls. In Dark Souls, it's all about your skill as a player - there are no random dice rolls. In XCOM, no matter how good your strategy is, sometimes the dice just roll bad, and that's super frustrating, and it's also part of the game.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The pacing of Max Payne 3 is awful. cut scene, play for 2 minutes, cut scene, play for 2 minutes cut scene. Talk about ruining the enjoyment of a game.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The pacing of Max Payne 3 is awful. cut scene, play for 2 minutes, cut scene, play for 2 minutes cut scene. Talk about ruining the enjoyment of a game.

I found the game to be much more a piece of "interactive fiction" than a true 100% video game. Which I can totally understand some being turned off by.

It took me a few hours to get into it - by the time it gets to a flashback to New Jersey, about 3-4 hours in, I was officially hooked.

The story is something else. The music rocks, too. May be one of the best game soundtracks ever.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

My brother and I played Borderlands 2 for an ungodly amount of hours over Thanksgiving break, and it's the most fun I've had in quite a bit. Vastly prefer these kinds of shooters to Halo, COD, etc. Co-op is just so damn fun.

I found the game to be much more a piece of "interactive fiction" than a true 100% video game. Which I can totally understand some being turned off by.

It took me a few hours to get into it - by the time it gets to a flashback to New Jersey, about 3-4 hours in, I was officially hooked.

The story is something else. The music rocks, too. May be one of the best game soundtracks ever.
    Can't wait for that flashback. There's nothing more satisfying than jumping off a set of stairs in slow mo with dueling pistols.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    My brother and I played Borderlands 2 for an ungodly amount of hours over Thanksgiving break, and it's the most fun I've had in quite a bit. Vastly prefer these kinds of shooters to Halo, COD, etc. Co-op is just so damn fun.
    Yeh, it's a bummer Fez didn't like it. I found BL2 to be VASTLY superior to the first game as well as introducing probably the best NPC I've ever encountered. Tiny Tina was brilliantly written.

Only played it for a couple of hours, but LA Noire is everything I expected it to be. Definitely my kinda game.

Debating whether or not to continue playing in B&W.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Thanks for the tips, guys. Any tips for building the base, R&D, and stuff like that?

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Thanks for the tips, guys. Any tips for building the base, R&D, and stuff like that?
    The only advice I know is to build satellites and satellite uplinks as you can, when you can - these are how you generate revenue.

I only have 2 levels of the base completed.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    What D said. Also, only build laboratories if you just have oodles of spare room and money. Prioritize workshops over them until you have like 40 engineers. No engineers = no uplinks.

So would you guys say the game is pretty awesome?
    Eh.... I wouldn't pay more than 40 for it. Its one of those games that you wonder if you'll want to turn it on again, and then play for eight hours straight.

Missing a string of 95% shots is very frustrating, especially when it results in a KIA.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Only played it for a couple of hours, but LA Noire is everything I expected it to be. Definitely my kinda game.

Debating whether or not to continue playing in B&W.
    Yep love that game. It has some issues with the lying system but everything else more then makes up for it. If Rockstar made more games like LA Noire, Red Dead, and Bully they would be one of my favorite developers.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

artwork for Bungie's Project Destiny.

A world 700 years into the future, mankind on the brink of annihilation, a fabled City called "The Last City," the last human stronghold and a gargantuan spaceship orbiting Earth like a second moon.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Director
    Definitely buying the new Ratchet & Clank very soon barring some catastrophic reviews. I have an unhealthy love for that series.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)

artwork for Bungie's Project Destiny.

A world 700 years into the future, mankind on the brink of annihilation, a fabled City called "The Last City," the last human stronghold and a gargantuan spaceship orbiting Earth like a second moon.

Everything about it looks and sounds amazing, except for it being an MMO.

That right there makes it a "won't bother" for me.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Los Santos in GTAV is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and Liberty City combined, with room to spare.

I guess that makes sense, since it includes deserts, mountains and the ocean floor surrounding LA. Still nuts, though.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Los Santos in GTAV is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and Liberty City combined, with room to spare.

I guess that makes sense, since it includes deserts, mountains and the ocean floor surrounding LA. Still nuts, though.
    wow, i think i'm gonna have to break down and pre-order
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I've read that we should take the verticality into account, and there will be more interior space. The surface area of the game isn't actually bigger than all of those other games combined, but when you factor in the height of the sky-box and the depth of the ocean, the world has more volume.

Going underwater should be fun. Hopefully there are ships and caves to explore.

I'm really interested in seeing it all. Like with all the other GTA games, I'll probably put about 30 hours in and not progress the story at all.

I've read that we should take the verticality into account, and there will be more interior space. The surface area of the game isn't actually bigger than all of those other games combined, but when you factor in the height of the sky-box and the depth of the ocean, the world has more volume.
    Yeah, this is true. The surface area is obviously only going to be slightly bigger than LA Noire's, and not going to be as wide as San Andreas, but they've upped the amount of interior locations you can enter, including tall buildings.

You'll also be able to fly planes right off the bat, since one of the 3 characters is a pilot.
    Movie Theater Diary

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but in order to make up for the size of the map, it's using the same dynamic encounter model from RDR rather than the previous GTA "side mission" model. So when you're driving around, keep an eye out for weird activities and you might suddenly find yourself in the middle of a story.

The one example I read about on Game Informer is inspired by No Country for Old Men. When you're driving through the outskirts of the city, if you notice a couple of parked cars way out in the desert, you can go off-road and investigate closer. You'll see dead bodies and money around the abandoned cars, and all of a sudden you've gotten yourself involved in a drug deal gone bad and you gotta play it through.
    Movie Theater Diary