Page 675 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656736746756766776857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Wow. Blizzard? Bioware?

The writing in Diablo III is terrible and the cutscenes are terrible (and terribly encoded, which shows how much these assholes really care). Mass Effect's narrative belongs in a romance paperback in an airport shop.
    :|
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The funniest thing to me about Diablo 3 is the nerd outrage in all of the forums. I have actually seen people say things like "Don't buy this game! Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves! I've put in 150 hours, and leveled 3 characters to level 60 in the last two weeks, and I'm already tired of the game! RIP OFF!"

If you went only by the majority of the forum posts re: D3, you would think that it was the worst game ever made in the history of video games.

At least it didn't rape anyone's grandmother like Mass Effect 3 did.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeh Mass Effecet 3 should still go to hell, go to hell and die.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    The funniest thing to me about Diablo 3 is the nerd outrage in all of the forums. I have actually seen people say things like "Don't buy this game! Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves! I've put in 150 hours, and leveled 3 characters to level 60 in the last two weeks, and I'm already tired of the game! RIP OFF!"

If you went only by the majority of the forum posts re: D3, you would think that it was the worst game ever made in the history of video games.
    This is every high profile game release in the past 5 years.

I play D3 slow. I'm only up to level 17 on my first character.

I quite enjoyed Mass Effect 3. The ending part w/ the Normandy was a bit puzzling, though.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Also, I'd say D is actually being unfair in regards to Diablo III's gameplay. This is one area where Blizzard has actually done a bang-up job. The new skill system is very smart, offers a lot of customization and complexity, and isn't straight broken like the skill system in Diablo II. Being able to experiment with different builds on the fly to tackle different situations, particularly some of the bosses (I used a completely different strategy for Belial than I have anywhere else in the game so far) is good gameplay.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Also, I'd say D is actually being unfair in regards to Diablo III's gameplay. This is one area where Blizzard has actually done a bang-up job. The new skill system is very smart, offers a lot of customization and complexity, and isn't straight broken like the skill system in Diablo II. Being able to experiment with different builds on the fly to tackle different situations, particularly some of the bosses (I used a completely different strategy for Belial than I have anywhere else in the game so far) is good gameplay.
    I love it. I love how streamlined it all is. It's just barely a game. It's all about just making and progressing a character - even the new skill system is evident of this. The game around the character is far less important than just messing around with your character. It's like the ultimate paper doll.

It really is, though, the most Pavlovian game system I've ever experienced, even more than Diablo 2 since your character build is even more reliant on items. I wouldn't be surprised if they had an algorithm dictating that a certain tiered item needs to drop after a certain number of mouse clicks. They have it down to a very strict science - that's what I mean by mechanical.

I really hope these new enemies in "Halo 4" are as fleshed out and interesting as the Covenant.

The Covenant had a rich culture and socio-political hierarchy explored through the games. I'd love more of that.

In the video from E3, Cortana says the weapon Chief gets is Forerunner technology. So are they tehmselves the Forerunners?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I'd bet that they're an alien race that made contact with the Forerunners, and then something went horribly wrong.

I played most of Warcraft III last year. The story and cutscenes were barely tolerable. Made me miss the war Warcraft II's story and lore mostly in the manual.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I played most of Warcraft III last year. The story and cutscenes were barely tolerable. Made me miss the war Warcraft II's story and lore mostly in the manual.
    Your main problem. That game has not aged well.

No, the game is great. The ancillary movie/novel bullshit that's appended to the game is what I didn't like.

Wow. Blizzard? Bioware?

The writing in Diablo III is terrible and the cutscenes are terrible (and terribly encoded, which shows how much these assholes really care). Mass Effect's narrative belongs in a romance paperback in an airport shop.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too cynical here when it comes to games and stories. I don't buy that anybody is doing a good job. I'd throw Valve under the bus, too, if it wasn't for Portal.
    Mass Effect > Red Faction Guerrilla
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

You guys see the new Star Wars 1313 game? They essentially made an Uncharted game in the Star Wars universe, almost down to an exact science.

[youtube]U08QNPk0ZNE[/youtube]

Looks fun.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Mass Effect > Red Faction Guerrilla

Anyone playing Diablo had Tinker's Hovel appear in Act I, in the Fields of Misery?

What's the best way to get the rare locations to spawn? Log off and log back in? Does that reset the chances?

Yeah, Tinker's Hovel appears to just be random, so if it's not there reload and try again.

You know it to be true, Pufty.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

No game without sledgehammers can be better than a game with sledgehammers.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

In the video from E3, Cortana says the weapon Chief gets is Forerunner technology. So are they tehmselves the Forerunners?
    It'll be a game of big ideas, not a prequel, but you will find there's DNA with existing Halo games.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Been a while since a fun Star Wars game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Been a while since a fun Star Wars game.
    Yes, yes it has. I miss Kyle Katan and that era of the universe. The live action FMVs from Jedi Knight were great.

i loved the battlefront games

really wish pandemic got to make a 3rd one