Page 666 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Seriously.
    So it's a console thing. Gotcha.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)
    I've read the most bizarre story that the Silent Hill HD games were made with unfinished code by mistake! Konami is an unorganized mess.
    http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/si...complete-code/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...bout-HD-Remake

And I suppose Konami lives off of the Pro Evolution series and other sequels and remakes. The roster you posted, DD, is terrible.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

And WOW @Konami. I didnt know about that.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I did something completely different on this current play through of Dark Souls. Right at the start I went to the Catacombs. Ran past all the skelies, dropped down to the short cut, summoned Paladin Leroy, and then destroyed Pinwheel, who really is the easiest boss in the entire game. For this I got the Right of Kindling, so now I can kindle each bonfire to +20 as I come across them. I imagine this is what From wanted us to do, especially given how incredible easy Pinwheel is, the super quick shortcut through the Catacombs, and the fact that the Catacombs are, in fact, the closest area to the start of the game. You can basically beat the level in about 5 minutes.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Today in "Just Cause 2", I blew up an island fortress containing a lightning machine that makes airplanes and ships crash, and was being run by a an army of 100 year old Japanese soldiers who thought it was still WWII.

This is a great game.
    There's actually a hatch on that island somewhere. Yup, it's supposed to be that island.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I did something completely different on this current play through of Dark Souls. Right at the start I went to the Catacombs. Ran past all the skelies, dropped down to the short cut, summoned Paladin Leroy, and then destroyed Pinwheel, who really is the easiest boss in the entire game. For this I got the Right of Kindling, so now I can kindle each bonfire to +20 as I come across them. I imagine this is what From wanted us to do, especially given how incredible easy Pinwheel is, the super quick shortcut through the Catacombs, and the fact that the Catacombs are, in fact, the closest area to the start of the game. You can basically beat the level in about 5 minutes.

I once read an article by a guy who stated that he believed a truly well designed and balanced game was one that provided challenge, but which, when mastered, one could get through the entire game without dying (or even being injured).

I think "Dark Souls" is a pretty good example of this philosophy. I don't think I agree with it 100% of the time, but in this game, it works. The game is about skill, not stats. Between memorization of enemy locations and strategies, and mastering the controls for a given class / weapon set, one could potentially get through the entire game without dying.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I totally agree, especially when not dying is determined on player skill, and not something your character has. One of the main reasons why I'm already tired of Dragon's Dogma is that the challenge has nothing to do with how good I am at playing the game. There are parts that I cannot beat with skill, and no amount of player skill will change this, so I have to grind to level up. I don't think this is good game design because it artificially pads the length.

In Dark Souls right now, I'm at Sen's Fortress. So I've rang both bells, and I haven't died from anything in PVE yet (I have died to a couple of invaders). So all of my hours put into the game have made me better at playing the game. This is why I continue to put hours into this game.

As fascinating as your 7th play-through is, didn't you specifically make a thread where you and others could talk about this sort of thing? I don't mind generic statements with respect to difficulty, time input ect... but Ring of Kindling stuff... I'm lost and it's just an empty post. Would it be interesting if I talked about the loot I picked up yesterday in Diablo III to where myself, Tyrael Adria, and Leah resurrected Zoltun Kulle to gather the Black Soulstone, only to be betrayed by Kulle which begins the aggravation of Azmodan? I say this out of complete respect for your love of the game.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    For the last month or so 90% of the talk in this thread had been Dark/Demon Souls related even though it has it's own thread. I didn't understand it but no one complained so I didn't mention it.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Sorry to talk about a video game in the video game thread. Won't happen again!

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So Shaun and I are the only ones playing Diablo III?
    I play. I even see you log on to play from Steam while I'm on

Sorry to talk about a video game in the video game thread. Won't happen again!
    I didn't mean it that way. I just thought it was weird that you guys made a thread for a specific game because there was so much talk about it and then you guys never post your talk in that thread.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I didn't mean it that way. I just thought it was weird that you guys made a thread for a specific game because there was so much talk about it and then you guys never post your talk in that thread.
    This. That is all. Like I said in my post, I don't mind if you're discussing the generics of your experience, but individual achievements and whatnot are irrelevant to anyone who hasn't sunk 1000 hours into the game.

I was all set to buy DIII but my laptop is too lame.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    I play. I even see you log on to play from Steam while I'm on
    I'm having trouble getting the steam overlay to work with D3. But whats your battlenet?

Jeez, forum nazi much?

Alright alright I'm sorry for bringing it up.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Jesus you guys are touchy. Duke and EWO were both very respectful with their comments, and you guys respond with snark? They have a legitimate issue. Conversations about other games are getting swallowed by very specific discussions about a game that has its own thread. Is it so unreasonable of them to point that out? I don't think they deserve to be replied to with the attitude being tossed around when both of them went out of their way to be respectful with their observations.

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Uh, can you see the picture? There is nothing in the distance to draw. The hard geometry terminates right beyond the pier. Anything else would have been a waste of processing power, because the environment was designed around the fog. The game's art director is on the public record calling the HD remakes garbage.
    Wow, that's fucking awful. Might as well have upped the contrast and given James a machine gun.

Anyways Davis, you should give it another go. It's genuinely one of the greatest of all games and invokes feelings of alienation and loneliness that no other game has ever done (or attempted). The first SH is pretty great too, but the 3rd is a bit of a retread. Haven't played the 4th although it did introduce pretty interesting elements to the genre. Stay clear from all the other pieces of hackwork that came afterwards though.

Picked up Mass Effect 3 at Gamestop last week for $25, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Yes there's a separate thread but it just seemed to be an odd complaint in the first place.

Is it not easy to just not read a post?

I find it hard to believe that anyone reads every single post from first word to last. If a post isn't of interest to me, I stop reading and move onto the next. I can't be alone in this practice. And it's not like Match Cut is an RT-esque, moving a mile a minute forum where fluff needs to be kept to a minimum so the place doesn't fall apart.

Plus, did I really need to put a smilie next to my post for it to be inferred that I was being at least a little bit sarcastic with my nazi comment?

I mean yeah, I apologize for seeming like an ass in any way. I wasn't tryig to be disrespectful, nor did I feel like Duke or EWO were being that way. It just seemed like a weird thing to pick at in my opinion.

EWO summed it up perfectly. I don't understand making a separate thread, when it was obviously going to be an epicly discussed game (and that's fine) and then not posting it. I realize we're getting a little diverse here, as we've done with genre film threads, (horror, Asian, silent films, etc) So that being said, I don't mind generic Silent Film discussions going on in the 28 Film Discussion Later thread, but when you're reviewing intimate details that only fellow Silent Film enthusiasts would be attracted to, it's better off being in the Silent Film thread. Would you not agree?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Picked up Mass Effect 3 at Gamestop last week for $25, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    Did you start playing it yet?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I don't read the Game of Thrones thread until I have watched the episode which sometimes I can't get to on the night it airs. I do however check the TV discussion thread and if someone posted about the recent Game of Thrones episode it is within whatever general rules since it is a TV show, but it would suck for me because I was trying to avoid being spoiled so I didn't check on the thread. To me that's the idea behind the complaints.

But also as a counter to even that, one of my favorite moments on Match-Cut was when I finally watched all of Buffy and then I read through the Buffy thread. I got a whole bunch of insights. If I ever play Dark Souls I will likely read through the whole thread, and any comments made in the video game thread I will never read because I'm not going to do a search just to see what was randomly said in here.

It also helps out for people who want to read thoughts about a specific title to have all those thoughts and posts in one thread so they don't have to search around for them.
    TV Recently Finished:

I don't think you can really compare TV episodes with Video games though. They are always out of sync from each other and I think people are pretty good about spoiling specific events in generic threads.

And as I mentioned, the Dark Souls thread is the ONLY separate thread for video games. I could come in here and post every single specific thing I do in Diablo III, and it would bore people to tears. Instead I can tell you what I like and dislike about the game from a high level perspective, without spoiling anything, and that might interest most people who frequent the thread.