Page 635 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1355355856256336346356366376456857351135 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I think it's only two or three of you. I got to the giant city in Mass Effect 1 but stopped there cause I didn't really have any fun doing it.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I think it's only two or three of you. I got to the giant city in Mass Effect 1 but stopped there cause I didn't really have any fun doing it.

So you pretty much stopped before the fun began :lol:

Duke - I really don't get why you insist on playing the game when all you do is post about how much you hate it every 5 minutes.

Just read a spoiler sheet online to find out what happens to the story and characters, and give it up man.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    The ship that the Quarians are having trouble with?
    The Quarians are having trouble with a ship? Why isn't this jogging my memory?...
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    So you pretty much stopped before the fun began :lol:

Duke - I really don't get why you insist on playing the game when all you do is post about how much you hate it every 5 minutes.

Just read a spoiler sheet online to find out what happens to the story and characters, and give it up man.
    I've explained this already. I'm emotionally invested. Plus I never give up on anything and I am still curious about the ending. If you finished 2 out of 3 games in a trilogy could you just set the 3rd aside if it wasn't living up to your expectations?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I've explained this already. I'm emotionally invested. Plus I never give up on anything and I am still curious about the ending. If you finished 2 out of 3 games in a trilogy could you just set the 3rd aside if it wasn't living up to your expectations?

Yes I could, and have.

I mean, you were just as vocal about how much you hated number 2, so I don't get why you bothered with 3 in the first place.

Again, if I were you, I would have just read a transcript of the story and what happens to the characters.

A game is a significantly longer investment of time than a movie, or even most books. If I'm hating something that much, I'm not going to continue playing it.

Yes I could, and have.

I mean, you were just as vocal about how much you hated number 2, so I don't get why you bothered with 3 in the first place.

Again, if I were you, I would have just read a transcript of the story and what happens to the characters.

A game is a significantly longer investment of time than a movie, or even most books. If I'm hating something that much, I'm not going to continue playing it.
    That hardly seems satisfying. I'd rather stick through it, note the complaints and then recite them on message boards so no one can say things like your first sentence four posts up.

If you finished 2 out of 3 games in a trilogy could you just set the 3rd aside if it wasn't living up to your expectations?
    Heck yeah I could. Sounds like you need to listen to the Freakonomics podcast on the power of quitting. There is a great deal of power and freedom in quitting often and quitting early. Just imagine all of this time you are wasting on a game you are hating being used to do something that you actually like to do. You just have to get over this notion of not giving up. We are told at a young age to persevere, but study after study has shown that the most successful and happy people are those who quit early and quit often.

That hardly seems satisfying. I'd rather stick through it, note the complaints and then recite them on message boards so no one can say things like your first sentence four posts up.

I can't say that spending 60+ hours plodding through a game I hate sounds very "satisfying" either.

Plus your main complaint thus far has pretty much been "man this game sucks".

If I'm not having fun with a game, I shelve it. If I try it again, and still hate it, I trade it in.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Heck yeah I could. Sounds like you need to listen to the Freakonomics podcast on the power of quitting. There is a great deal of power and freedom in quitting often and quitting early. Just imagine all of this time you are wasting on a game you are hating being used to do something that you actually like to do. You just have to get over this notion of not giving up. We are told at a young age to persevere, but study after study has shown that the most successful and happy people are those who quit early and quit often.
    You know, I've been meaning to get around to that for a while now and you're probably right, I've played so many bad games in my life.... And I mean really bad games, not "bad" by Duke's disappointing standards.

Games like; Area-51 (with David Duchovny), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Jericho , Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Alpha Prime, Timeshift , Ubersoldier.. the list goes on.

I can't say that spending 60+ hours plodding through a game I hate sounds very "satisfying" either.

Plus your main complaint thus far has pretty much been "man this game sucks".
    I like the characters. I love the Universe. I compare my love/hate relationship to the Pitch Black series. Chronicles of Riddick was so bad, but I love the universe it exists in.

With Mass Effect 2, I feel like they are doing things wrong. Through the entire second game, you spend 90% of the gameplay recruiting your team and fight the Reapers twice.

Through ME3, Earth is being invaded, heavily, and you spend 90% of your time dicking around, ending wars between races, fighting two other factions (which would certainly also get wiped out by the Reapers if Shepard doesn't defeat them too, or ally with them)... like everyone in this advanced universe is a friggin idiot. The Reapers will kill us all, get over yourselves and band together to fight them.

I also acknowledge there wouldn't be much of a ME game if they didn't take this approach, but should Earth really have been invaded in the first 10 seconds of the game then?

Our first mission is to Mars. Realistically it should have been to the closest fleet that can save our ass....

Although the controls appear to be less stiff, the addition of the melee combat feels completely out of place. Enemies have dumb, DUMB AI, where you can sneak around walls and come up to them (from head on) as they are ducking behind a wall or cover and use this instant kill melee attack against them.

Every enemy has a gun, why stick melee on Shepard? And then add upgrades that increase the damage to melee? It feels like a feature they would add in Resident Evil.

I do like they improved weapon upgrades and add-ons though. Finally some characteristics that means something. They nuked the planet scanning, thank god. But it also made exploring the universe much less satisfying and the only reasons to truly do so is for side missions at the Citadel.

Then there's the lack of familiarity. No Omega. No Tuchanka (visiting clan Urdnot). No Illium. No Shadowbroker Ship. No Freedom's Progress. These kinds of things would be nice to see in ME3. Give us a sense of familiarity. Instead everything is redone or omitted. There's not one set piece of the Citdael that remains the same through all three games. Why the hell not? If you're going to build this giant universe, make settings revisitable.

Loading times are equally painful. Nothing has changed here. Should I be surprised? Probably not. Sometimes it loads 2 or 3 times in between cutscenes. Nothing like slowing down the pace of an already slow game with countless loading screens.

And then... the most irritating to me about this 3rd installment. Contains spoilers of characters....

[
    ]

Another rumor about the next gen consoles not being able to play or providing limited functionality for used/rented/borrowed games.

And then we get to the most interesting part of all. According to the source, games purchased either from PlayStation Network or on disc will be locked to the user's PSN account. With disc-based purchases, you'll be able to put the game on your hard drive or download it from PSN later.

If these rumors are true, this current gen will be the last one I participate in.

It blows my mind that the industry and developers claim that used/rental games are destroying the industry.

I bought used games for my Atari 2600 back in the day - that was the genesis of the video game industry, and now it's grown into an absolute giant. If used/rental games destroyed the industry, it would have been dead ages ago.

So wait, does that mean that if I purchase a retail game and play it on my profile, Jen (who plays on the same console as me, but has her own profile) will either have to pay extra to play it, or will have limited accessibility to its features?

Wow, well, fuck you too, Sony.

Nothing is known yet - just rumors.

However, there have been industry rumors that a newly purchased game will be somehow synced to your console. From what I've read thus far, it's not per-profile.

And now there are rumors from both Sony's and Microsoft's camp.

Nothing is known yet - just rumors.

However, there have been industry rumors that a newly purchased game will be somehow synced to your console. From what I've read thus far, it's not per-profile.

And now there are rumors from both Sony's and Microsoft's camp.

I'm crossing my fingers that they're just rumors. And if they're not, I hope that Microsoft and Sony can pull their heads out of their rears for long enough to see how HORRIBLE of an idea this is.

Maybe fan backlash can do some good. I hope so.

Maybe fan backlash can do some good. I hope so.
    If it's true, the only thing that will make them change is if people stop spending their money. As consumers, that is our strongest voice.

I'm going to take the plunge and buy and play Ashura's Wrath. I just found out that Studio 4C did the animation for it, and in some new DLC you get to fight against Ryu and Akuma in a SFIV match. Giantbomb's coverage has actually made me very interested in this "game."

I'm going to take the plunge and buy and play Ashura's Wrath. I just found out that Studio 4C did the animation for it, and in some new DLC you get to fight against Ryu and Akuma in a SFIV match. Giantbomb's coverage has actually made me very interested in this "game."

It looks neat, I just wouldn't pay full price for it. When it's in the $20-$30 bins (which I'm sure won't be too long from now) I will definitely check it out.

So wait, does that mean that if I purchase a retail game and play it on my profile, Jen (who plays on the same console as me, but has her own profile) will either have to pay extra to play it, or will have limited accessibility to its features?

Wow, well, fuck you too, Sony.
    I love the way people value different things. See this doesn't bother me because it makes complete sense. If you buy a used game, you should buy a $10 pass to play the full game online. You didn't buy it new, so you don't have the privilege to play it as everyone who did does. It takes away from teh corps who are supporting the online play via servers bandwidth etc. In the age of online play, this extra fee makes sense.

Where as my fuck you to Microsoft would be making me pay for something that should be free. (online play).

I can buy a full price game with the money saved for not using XBL.

If it's true, the only thing that will make them change is if people stop spending their money. As consumers, that is our strongest voice.
    I'd say it's 99% true since the Sony Online pass is already in affect for most new games.

Duke...question about one of your complaints with ME3.

You've now mentioned twice that we fight the geth. Outside of the one sequence with the quarians...when?

Everything else has been Cerberus and creatures indoctrinated by the Reapers (Cannibals, Marauders, Husks, Banshee, etc).

Cerberus is a necessity because they're standing in your way to ending the war.

I understand that you're not liking the game, but these complaints have me scratching my head.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    Duke...question about one of your complaints with ME3.

You've now mentioned twice that we fight the geth. Outside of the one sequence with the quarians...when?

Everything else has been Cerberus and creatures indoctrinated by the Reapers (Cannibals, Marauders, Husks, Banshee, etc).

Cerberus is a necessity because they're standing in your way to ending the war.

I understand that you're not liking the game, but these complaints have me scratching my head.
    Ok the war between the Quarians and Geth makes sense; the Geth are synthetic and are not a threat to the Reapers.... but fighting Cerberus through the whole game is idiotic. Don't these humans realize they won't have a home planet? Plus they're fighting against fucking Shepard. The most successful and well known soldier in the galaxy. The fucker that took down a Reaper ship on a suicide mission. Do they think they have a chance? Shouldn't they be helping him??

Ok the war between the Quarians and Geth makes sense; the Geth are synthetic and are not a threat to the Reapers.... but fighting Cerberus through the whole game is idiotic. Don't these humans realize they won't have a home planet? Plus they're fighting against fucking Shepard. The most successful and well known soldier in the galaxy. The fucker that took down a Reaper ship on a suicide mission. Do they think they have a chance? Shouldn't they be helping him??
    Well, normally yes, but...

[
    ]

There's a lot not to like about the lock-out stuff people are saying is coming in the PS4 and the 720. Among them, I really don't like the idea that I have to be online the entire time I'm playing. For one, my PS3 is temperamental as shit about staying on my already temperamental wireless connection!

If I go to the next generation, it won't be for years. I don't like this DRM crap, but if enough time goes by and there are enough games on the platform, I'll probably go for it. To be entirely honest.

I bet every time it's raised that players will protest such and such policy and maybe even boycott a product, someone in the room flashes that screenshot of the BOYCOTT MODERN WARFARE 2 Steam group with most of the members playing MW2.