Page 61 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Jess doesn't like watching me play Blazing Angels 'cause I get a little too into it....

:lol:
    Sounds like another Loser Night is in order!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Sounds like another Loser Night is in order!
    Start applying for kitchen passes! This Saturday night won't work, but there might be a beer or two in the fridge if you want to stop by briefly after work on Friday.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Those Fatal Frame shots look gorgeous. I'm unfamiliar with the series, but I'm very, very interested.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Those Fatal Frame shots look gorgeous. I'm unfamiliar with the series, but I'm very, very interested.
    Fatal Frame II scared the shit outta me.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Man, the "Fatal Frame" games rocked - I actually liked them a fair bit more than what I've seen of the "Silent Hill" games.

Very genuinely creepy.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Scary video games are awesome, so I'll probably have to pick this up, though I'm unsure whether or not I'd be able to finish it if it really was scary. I never could finish my GameCube copy of Resident Evil, because I was just too frightened. It's a lot easier to progress in a horror story when you're not the one deciding to go down that dark, spooky corridor and can merely say to the character "Don't go down there, idiot! There's zombers!"

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Scary video games are awesome, so I'll probably have to pick this up, though I'm unsure whether or not I'd be able to finish it if it really was scary. I never could finish my GameCube copy of Resident Evil, because I was just too frightened. It's a lot easier to progress in a horror story when you're not the one deciding to go down that dark, spooky corridor and can merely say to the character "Don't go down there, idiot! There's zombers!"
    I didn't find the Resident Evil video games all that scary (fun, yes), while Fatal Frame II felt like I was right in the middle of a good Asian horror flick. I dare you to play it at night, with the lights turned off, and the sound turned up.....

I though both series were very creepy in different ways. Fatal Frame a bit more scary I guess, because of the camera and those ghosts could move through walls and other objects. To me Resident Evil 1 and the REmake were the only scary RE games. The other ones had to much action and not enough of the horror vibe, but still excellent games though.

Another fantastic horror game is "Call of Cthulhu: The Dark Corners of the Earth" for the original X-Box.

Man, that has some disturbing imagery.

It's especially effective if you're at all familiar with Lovecraft's work.

It's probably the best representation of Lovecraft outside of his actual writings.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Jess doesn't like watching me play Blazing Angels 'cause I get a little too into it....

:lol:

My roommate was about to throw up, watching me play it on my 52". I told him spinning was a good trick. :lol: I was completely unfazed. DIE NAZI SCUM!

in RE4, there was that part in the [] that had me on edge the first time I played it through. Never played Fatal Frame, tho. Spun_Lepton let me borrow it once, but I never bothered to pop it in the ol' PS2.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

in RE4, there was that part in the [] that had me on edge the first time I played it through. Never played Fatal Frame, tho. Spun_Lepton let me borrow it once, but I never bothered to pop it in the ol' PS2.
    [
    ]

I've never even heard of Fatal Frame?

What is it and what platforms is it for?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

[
    ]
    That guy was spooky, but I was thinking of the part where...[
    ] come to think of it, the part where...[
    ] ...was pretty spooky too.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

It's a adventure survival horror game with a lot of puzzle / exploration elements to it. You usually have to solve some kind of mystery. You have a special camera which allows you to "attack" the ghosts, but you can't just shoot them though. You have to build up enough power first and make sure the ghosts are close enough to actually trap them in the camera. There are also a bunch of different ghosts that can be either hostile or friendly.

Like Scar mentioned, it can be a creepy game when played in the right setting.

The first 3 games were on PS2 and this one is developed and probably exclusive to the Wii because it's also published by Nintendo.

[
    ]
    Haha, I remember how I played that dungeon area the first time. I moved so slow and kept hugging the walls with Leon so that no enemies could jump me from behind.

I actually thought you meant that boss fight in the tunnels at first. [
    ]

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I played the first hour of Fatal Frame II, scared the shit out of me. I should give it another shot...

Anybody play the DS game Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime? I'm thinking about picking it up.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Ashley.

LEON!

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    The only two scary games I've played are Silent Hill 2 and Siren. The former was fun. Not so much the other one.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Awesome. A scary game for the Wii. I'm all over that.

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    The only two scary games I've played are Silent Hill 2 and Siren. The former was fun. Not so much the other one.
    Oh shit, Siren was nerve-wracking as hell, and HARD. I never finished that one, and the gameplay design was nearly broken regarding the objectives, forcing you to play through the same levels again and again... bah.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

I beat Fatal Frame 2 in one night, playing through it alone with all the lights off. I'm pretty sure I died of a heart attack twice that night and the PS2 controller defibrillated me back to life.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Never played RE1 which most people seem to agree it's the scariest of them all, the others always felt more action oriented, love the series though. The Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games on the other hand, scared me seriously, however, while playing FF3 i thought it lost most of it's freshness, maybe the wii is the right place to inject some novelty to the franchise.

speaking about resident evil, the fifth game seems to be coming along nicely
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34718.html

no albino midgets this time capcom

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

You've never heard of it because it sucks. You get a camera instead of a gun and walk around taking pictures of shit. I'd rather yield a colt python and take out some zombies personally.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)
    Never played RE1 which most people seem to agree it's the scariest of them all, the others always felt more action oriented, love the series though. The Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games on the other hand, scared me seriously, however, while playing FF3 i thought it lost most of it's freshness, maybe the wii is the right place to inject some novelty to the franchise.

speaking about resident evil, the fifth game seems to be coming along nicely
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34718.html

no albino midgets this time capcom
    I'd have to agree that RE1 is the scariest and best. If you can get past the badly translated dialog and terrible voice acting, it was ground breaking, eerie, dark, and had stuff no one has seen before. All the rest of the resident evil's don't really stray off from the main gameplay element, with the exception of RE4 maybe.... but you still need to find cranks, and keys, and medallions, even tho the style of gameplay has changed. With the introduction of the hunters, i found RE1 to be quite scary. The puzzles were great too. RE2 is a close second place, because there are four different ways to beat the game and even more side quests at the end... Trunk and Tofu are fun as hell. Survivor and Dead Aim are the worst REs.