Page 258 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1582082482562572582592602683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Shadow Complex is so, so good.

You've earned a week's worth of rep from me.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You've earned a week's worth of rep from me.
    I don't want to jump the gun, but this could very well end up one of my all time favorites. It's Super Metroid meets Symphony of the Night by way of Out of This World and Flashback, but with better graphics and modern touches.

Love it.

I'm going to be gone all day doing something fun, but I wish I could just stay home and play this game all the way through in a single sitting.

@DukeFrukem (or anyone else):

Which graphics NVIDIA card is more powerful?

The Geforce 9600 GT or Geforce 120 GT

??

Danke!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Um, so I actually ordered one of these damned PS3 things. I also preordered Demon's Souls (which I think is the main reason I bought the system). I'm gonna buy a couple of games like Mirror's Edge and Stranglehold as well as Valkyria Chronicles that I've been interested in. Also, some games from PSN.

But what other retail games would those of you who know something about my video game tastes (especially my preference toward non-FPSes and Japanese-developed games) recommend?

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Um, so I actually ordered one of these damned PS3 things. I also preordered Demon's Souls (which I think is the main reason I bought the system). I'm gonna buy a couple of games like Mirror's Edge and Stranglehold as well as Valkyria Chronicles that I've been interested in. Also, some games from PSN.

But what other retail games would those of you who know something about my video game tastes (especially my preference toward non-FPSes and Japanese-developed games) recommend?
    Tales of Vesperia will be out for the PS3 next month. It's a JRPG. So you could check that out. I don't have a PS3 myself yet, but I always thought Siren: Blood Curse looked very interesting. Its a survival horror game.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I don't want to jump the gun, but this could very well end up one of my all time favorites. It's Super Metroid meets Symphony of the Night by way of Out of This World and Flashback, but with better graphics and modern touches.

Love it.

I'm going to be gone all day doing something fun, but I wish I could just stay home and play this game all the way through in a single sitting.
    YOU SAID FLASHBACK! REP!

I would hesitate with Mirrors Edge, sir...unless its pretty darn cheap.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Tales of Vesperia will be out for the PS3 next month. It's a JRPG. So you could check that out. I don't have a PS3 myself yet, but I always thought Siren: Blood Curse looked very interesting. Its a survival horror game.
    Alas, I don't think Vesperia's confirmed for coming to America any time soon. I'll look into Siren, though.

I've only played Rock Band around 3 times, yet I'm really excited for Beatles Rock Band.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I would hesitate with Mirrors Edge, sir...unless its pretty darn cheap.
    Should be. I bought a new copy a few months ago for $20. I've seen copies for $10 lately.

Also, Syco, check out Noby Noby Boy (from the Katamari Damacy guy).
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I picked up Alien 3 for SNES and Spider-Man 2 for GCN (by way of my Wii) today. The former's supposed to be quite good, and I used to own the latter, which was incredibly fun, what with all the swinging and what have you.

There really needs to be a great Godzilla/Kaiju game this generation.

It seems like such an easy formula to create a satisfying gaming experience, but no one can figure it out.

Stop making kaiju fighting games. That's not how to pull it off.

Do an action game "AvP" style. Two separate campaigns, one as a giant monster and one as the military trying to stop the giant monster.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

There really needs to be a great Godzilla/Kaiju game this generation.

It seems like such an easy formula to create a satisfying gaming experience, but no one can figure it out.

Stop making kaiju fighting games. That's not how to pull it off.

Do an action game "AvP" style. Two separate campaigns, one as a giant monster and one as the military trying to stop the giant monster.
    did you ever play war of the monsters for the ps2? one of my favorite fighting games ever and would love to see a sequel for this generation

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Anyone who hasn't played Earth Defense Force 2017 needs to buy it immediately.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I picked up Alien 3 for SNES and Spider-Man 2 for GCN (by way of my Wii) today. The former's supposed to be quite good, and I used to own the latter, which was incredibly fun, what with all the swinging and what have you.
    Alien 3 is great. The soundtrack in particular.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Alas, I don't think Vesperia's confirmed for coming to America any time soon. I'll look into Siren, though.
    Aww, yeah you're right. I thought it was coming to America as well. Maybe you could check out Folklore instead. It's one of the few RPGs on the system.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I was a mere few steps away from beating Super Mario Galaxy, and my oldest son informed me this morning that my youngest deleted my file last night. I'm trying not to be too angry, because I'm sure it wasn't malicious. He had no idea what he was doing. But man, I'm really pissed off right now. It's not a game I play often (because I don't play any game often), but I was really looking forward to beating it sometime this year. Not gonna happen now.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I was a mere few steps away from beating Super Mario Galaxy, and my oldest son informed me this morning that my youngest deleted my file last night. I'm trying not to be too angry, because I'm sure it wasn't malicious. He had no idea what he was doing. But man, I'm really pissed off right now. It's not a game I play often (because I don't play any game often), but I was really looking forward to beating it sometime this year. Not gonna happen now.
    Hug?
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Hug?
    I'm still at the point where I'd squeeze with a bit too much force. Maybe a bit later.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Anyone who hasn't played Earth Defense Force 2017 needs to buy it immediately.
    Really? Huh, I never thought it was anything. Cool, it will be my next purchase.

Yeah, EDF2017 is one of my favorite 360 titles. Great co-op game.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

After SFIV it's really hard to play Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. I'm not feeling the controls yet (for example blocking with R2 and jumping with L2). That feels weird to me haha. Maybe I should play it a bit more though.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Kurosawa Fan View Post
    Wow. I thought that sort of thing only happened in movies & stuff. You have my sympathies...
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

When I was about 7 I deleted my brother's "Donkey Kong Country" saved game at 95% completion, as revenge after he punched me in the gut.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

EDF2017 is a fucking great game.