Page 215 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1151652052132142152162172252653157151215 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Been playing Lego Star Wars with my son. It's really fun to play a co-operative game with him that is challenging enough for me, but not frustrating for him. I love how they paraphrase the scenes from the films. Lots of laughs.
    Loooooove the lego games. Have to get 'em all. The Indiana Jones one was interesting, but not near as cool as the Star Wars ones. As soon as the Batman one is cheaper its all mine.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Loooooove the lego games. Have to get 'em all. The Indiana Jones one was interesting, but not near as cool as the Star Wars ones. As soon as the Batman one is cheaper its all mine.
    The Batman one is either more difficult or my wife and son were just burned out, because I didn't see them playing it very often.

Some really difficult green blob enemies (you need special items that I'd depleted to defeat them) drove me away from Odin Sphere last night and into the arms of Final Fantasy VIII.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    (you need special items that I'd depleted to defeat them)
    This happened to me so many times during that game - it was a big turn off.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    So I played about 2/3 of the way through Butcher Bay before I couldn't do it anymore. Boring story, glitchy gameplay and bad voice acting combined in to one mediocre package.
    Wow really? Maybe its because I played it when it first came out but that is by far the best video game based on a movie.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    The Batman one is either more difficult or my wife and son were just burned out, because I didn't see them playing it very often.
    I've only played the demo, but it did seem a tad more difficult. Of course, everything is without a lightsaber.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wow really? Maybe its because I played it when it first came out but that is by far the best video game based on a movie.
    Is that a compliment?

Off that subject, I re-started up Fable II since I had passed over it back when it came out and only got a few hours in and I'm hooked.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Is that a compliment?
    I would think so. It's not every day a video game is released and actually adds to the background of a character in a movie. Escape From Butcher Bay shows how Riddick gets his eye powers. It really is a great game. I can see people hating it now though. It takes a while to get going and there's more than one way to get to certain points in the game.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

http://www.gamer.nl/doc/51531/Nieuwe...toont-gameplay

First gameplay seconds of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

i've rented Sonic Unleashed with low expectations and i'm actually enjoying it.

game is harder than i thought, btw, it has it's share of annoying stuff but overall, it looks beautiful and Sonic's stages are a blast to play, so fun actually that i've caught myself replaying them often. Weresonic stages, well, not bad but they pale in comparison to Sonic's.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Last night I played through the first 2 levels of Dead Space again, mainly because I wanted to get a fresh comparison to RE5. I am not liking RE5 at all, and I wanted to see if it was the game, or if it was me; maybe I don't like these kinds of games any more. Well, that's not the case. Dead Space blew me away - again. My God, those graphics! Dead Space looks amazing. The atmosphere on board that ship is incredible. And being able to move and shoot at the same time does make the game better - that is a fact. In my estimation, DS is the new RE, and I hope the DS franchise continues.
    Dead Space is awesome, i've finished it last month and had one hell of a scary ride.

It isn't a fear-inducing game though, but it's intense in it's dreadful atmosphere and brutality. The sound design in this game is of the highest quality also. I recommend trying it on hard because the lower difficulties are a tad too easy and truly cripple the sense of desperation and survival, which is a vital element of the experience imo. The later levels can be a bitch, but every step conquered was very satisfying, fights require patience and strategy in your use of the scenery, weapons and resources. I loved the combat in it a lot more than at the RE games.

And after beating it on hard, playing it on impossible is a breeze. If you are a completist freak like me.

haha

Mega film producer Jerry Bruckheimer, in partnership with MTV Games, is opening his own game development studio: Jerry Bruckheimer Games.

The new studio already has a pair of fairly high profile game executives in the fold. Jim Veevaert, the president of production, comes from Microsoft where he helped shepherd the Halo, Gears of War and Viva Pinata franchises. New president of development Jay Cohen comes from Ubisoft's North American HQ as VP of publishing.

Thanks for letting me practice against your Blanka, B!

Dan v Blanka is the worst match-up in the game - he's a beast!

It was fun!

The demo of Sonic Unleashed was fun enough for me to warrant buying it when its pretty cheap. I'm thinking, ten bucks.

Thanks for letting me practice against your Blanka, B!

Dan v Blanka is the worst match-up in the game - he's a beast!

It was fun!
    No sweat! I was trying to talk to ya, but I think my headset was hosing up or something.

Blanka is getting to be a lot of fun, now that I think I'm sorta learning how to win with him. Sorta. I think the key with him is to sorta dick around and spaz out, sneaking in some attacks when the other guy gets frustrated.

And Dan has quite possibly the most awesome ultracombo in the history of awesome ultracombos.

Oh, and every time you were running away, I was laughing my ass off. I could hear Dan doing an old Curly Three Stooges whoop whoop whoop whoop! in my head every time.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Oh, I finished Timeshift. Fun stuff. Not perfect, obviously, but worth playing for the crossbow alone. Next I have to finish Army of Two before I move on to Dead Rising, or I'll never touch it again. That is if I don't find a new game to crack on today...

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    No sweat! I was trying to talk to ya, but I think my headset was hosing up or something.

Blanka is getting to be a lot of fun, now that I think I'm sorta learning how to win with him. Sorta. I think the key with him is to sorta dick around and spaz out, sneaking in some attacks when the other guy gets frustrated.

And Dan has quite possibly the most awesome ultracombo in the history of awesome ultracombos.

Oh, and every time you were running away, I was laughing my ass off. I could hear Dan doing an old Curly Three Stooges whoop whoop whoop whoop! in my head every time.
    Your Blanka is pretty good. Blanka is so freaking hard for me to beat when playing as Dan. He has an answer for every single attack Dan can dish. The guys over at Shoryuken.com offer up this one and only strategy: pray for luck.

Sometimes when I'm playing on line, and aI face a Blanka, I just sit there and taunt and let them win. It's more fun for me...

I didn't have my mic on, I can't find it right now.

I finally figured out how to fight against Elf: you have to play as crazy and as spazzy as he does. Dan's dash can outrun Elf, and as long as I keep moving, there isn't much he can do. Elf is a tough one to master.

I'm going to start learing Guile next - that match with Guile last night was my first official outing. He's fun.

Ninja Gaiden 2 for $15. Not bad deal.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    The demo of Sonic Unleashed was fun enough for me to warrant buying it when its pretty cheap. I'm thinking, ten bucks.
    Perhaps i'll get it later at least to complete the trophies, it's pretty replayable actually, at least the sonic(day) levels.

by far my favorite stage, Shamar act1. groovy music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8LMRWyhAw

i rarely get good ranks, this guy soared through the stage and still got a 'B'!!!

edit: have i said before the game is hard? i'm starting to believe that's the reason for most low scores, gaming media sucks at gaming, fact.

I started a top 25 video game thread last year, but never finished it.

Here is the list, just because:

25. Miner 2049'er - 1983 - Big Five Software - Colecovision
    24. Dark Castle - 1986 - Silicon Beach Software - Mac
    23. Bard's Tale/Wizardry - 1985/1981 - Interplay/Sir-Tech - PC/Apple II
    22. Freedom Fighter/Cliff Hanger - 1987/1983 - Millennium Games/Stern Electronics - Arcade
    22. Forgotten Worlds - 1988 - Capcom - Arcade
    21. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - Arcade/360
    20. Pokemon Red/Blue - GB
    19. Blaster Master - NES
    18. Secret of Mana - SNES
    17. Jet Set Radio Future - XBOX
    16. R-Type Delta - PS1
    15. Metroid - NES
    14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PS1
    13. Beyond Good and Evil - XBOX
    12. Guwanga - Arcade
    11. Guardian Heroes - Saturn
    10. Super Mario World - SNES
    9. Dodonpachi - Arcade
    8. REZ - DC/PS2
    7. Ray-man 2 - DC
    6. Suikoden 1 and 2 - PS1
    5. Radiant Silvergun - Saturn
    4. Half Life 2 - PC
    3. Diablo 2 - PC
    2. Street Fighter 2 (and now 4) - Arcade/360
    1. Tomb Raider 1 - PS1

Just realized I have two '22's', so this is a top 26! BONUS!

As i think about all the great games i've played, i'm certainly going to make a flawed list since the only systems i've had were the Atari 2600, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS2 and PS3, i've played the other systems through emulation or at friends' but it's not the same thing, definitely.

edit; oh, forgot the PC. The safe house where i stayed during my non-console periods.

I started a top 25 video game thread last year, but never finished it.

Here is the list, just because:

25. Miner 2049'er - 1983 - Big Five Software - Colecovision
    24. Dark Castle - 1986 - Silicon Beach Software - Mac
    23. Bard's Tale/Wizardry - 1985/1981 - Interplay/Sir-Tech - PC/Apple II
    22. Freedom Fighter/Cliff Hanger - 1987/1983 - Millennium Games/Stern Electronics - Arcade
    22. Forgotten Worlds - 1988 - Capcom - Arcade
    21. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - Arcade/360
    20. Pokemon Red/Blue - GB
    19. Blaster Master - NES
    18. Secret of Mana - SNES
    17. Jet Set Radio Future - XBOX
    16. R-Type Delta - PS1
    15. Metroid - NES
    14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PS1
    13. Beyond Good and Evil - XBOX
    12. Guwanga - Arcade
    11. Guardian Heroes - Saturn
    10. Super Mario World - SNES
    9. Dodonpachi - Arcade
    8. REZ - DC/PS2
    7. Ray-man 2 - DC
    6. Suikoden 1 and 2 - PS1
    5. Radiant Silvergun - Saturn
    4. Half Life 2 - PC
    3. Diablo 2 - PC
    2. Street Fighter 2 (and now 4) - Arcade/360
    1. Tomb Raider 1 - PS1

Just realized I have two '22's', so this is a top 26! BONUS!
    As i was making my list, your list made me think of more games... so now I'm fucked. I'm just going to have to expand my list.

Finished Resident Evil 5. Man, I thought it was incredible, far more exhilarating than I had expected.

And that final battle was an awesome homage to Revenge of the Sith's battle at Mustafar. Even the music went all John Williams-y.

Kickass!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Dang, Ninja Gaiden 2 is fun.

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Finished Resident Evil 5. Man, I thought it was incredible, far more exhilarating than I had expected.

And that final battle was an awesome homage to Revenge of the Sith's battle at Mustafar. Even the music went all John Williams-y.

Kickass!
    Really? Meh. Are you a fan of the franchise? Have you played RE4?

“What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”