Page 1228 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 228728112811781218122612271228122912301238 ... LastLast
Results 30,676 to 30,700 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

13 hours into last of us 2 and dissapointment has yet to set in. Extraordinary game so far. Combat, especially Melee, packs a whallop even though I'm trying to play it stealthy, wasting no Ammo. Nobody does desolate beauty as good as ND. Annoying how you sometimes proceed beyond An area that you hadn't completely searched yet but can't get back to. And it's super Dumb how my compagnon is right under the enemy's nose and of course they don't see her because you can't control her. Enemy attacks feel arbitrary sometimes, especially the shamblers.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Here's my hot take for the day:

If you advertise that your unit (console, PC hard drive, external, whatever) can hold x GB of data, but a significant portion of that is taken up by OS and other stuff so it actually holds y GB, you should be charged with false advertising.

This has bothered me a lot ever since I got my PS4 back in 2013, which has a 500gb hard drive but only like 380 of it is usable.

Sounds like that same thing is going on with the PS5 and new XBOX systems.

Either add on additional storage space for the OS so you actually get the full advertised amount, or advertise the actual, honest space available for the customer.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Here's my hot take for the day:

If you advertise that your unit (console, PC hard drive, external, whatever) can hold x GB of data, but a significant portion of that is taken up by OS and other stuff so it actually holds y GB, you should be charged with false advertising.

This has bothered me a lot ever since I got my PS4 back in 2013, which has a 500gb hard drive but only like 380 of it is usable.

Sounds like that same thing is going on with the PS5 and new XBOX systems.

Either add on additional storage space for the OS so you actually get the full advertised amount, or advertise the actual, honest space available for the customer.
    Definitely a hot take. If the drive is a 500 GB drive and 120 GB is used by the OS, it's still a 500 GB drive. 120 + 380 = 500.

Just because there isn't 500 GB of usable storage doesn't make it any less a 500 GB drive.

It would be like buying 1 gallon of chocolate milk but 2 ounces is the chocolate extract and then complaining it's not a full 1 gallon of pure milk. It's only 126 out of 128 ounces of milk.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I get that it's technically correct.

But it still feels deceptive to the customer.

And your chocolate milk example would be more apt if the ratio was closer to what the PS4's storage is like. Nearly 25% of the hard drive is taken up by OS and system stuff.

I get that it's technically correct.

But it still feels deceptive to the customer.

And your chocolate milk example would be more apt if the ratio was closer to what the PS4's storage is like. Nearly 25% of the hard drive is taken up by OS and system stuff.
    Then replace my milk example with a bag of Doritos or any chip bag that looks full and when you open it, it's like 30% of the bag.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I push my old phones to the limit of usability. Pretty sure my OS is currently taking up about 75% of total storage. This has no bearing on the conversation, it's just annoying. Maybe it's time to upgrade from an iPhone 6.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Then replace my milk example with a bag of Doritos or any chip bag that looks full and when you open it, it's like 30% of the bag.
    But a Doritos bag doesn't say what the bag can hold, it says the weight of the amount of Doritos in the bag.

But a Doritos bag doesn't say what the bag can hold, it says the weight of the amount of Doritos in the bag.
    And a hard drive has it's capacity written on the side of it. A Doritos bag looks much more inflated than it actually is. Perception is your issue.

I...don't know what the answer here is, but the Doritos bag comparison doesn't work. For it to work, a portion of the Doritos would have to be Funions or something unusable. They aren't advertising air.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I...don't know what the answer here is, but the Doritos bag comparison doesn't work. For it to work, a portion of the Doritos would have to be Funions or something unusable. They aren't advertising air.
    Right. The perception is you are getting more than when you open the bag. Big bag = Lots of food. Not!

Does a PS4 really say on the box the actual usable space on the hard drive?

If that's the case, then I withdraw my argument.

But if not, then that is literally the least they can do.

If there's any issue it's that 500 gigs isn't very much. 1TB would've felt more appropriate. But it's a high-powered next-gen console that costs $400/$500--if they had to cut costs somewhere I'm glad they did it with a spec that is easily expandable. Plus I don't think it's unreasonable to assume most people counting gigs would be aware of the fact that operating systems take up space on a hard drive. "500 gigs, huh? And how much is devoted to the OS?" If 380 is unacceptable then purchase an external.

Are the new systems set up that you can just buy an external and plug it in or do you have to remove the old HD?

2 questions -

Anyone else playing Hades? Holy moly what a great game.

Would anyone be interested in my incredibly eccentric all time favorite video games list thread?

2 questions -

Would anyone be interested in my incredibly eccentric all time favorite video games list thread?
    You mean Meg's All Time Favorite Games That Aren't Left 4 Dead 2? Absolutely!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Of course.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    You mean Meg's All Time Favorite Games That Aren't Left 4 Dead 2? Absolutely!
    Damn you ruined it.

Ok, well, bac0n already posted my list everyone!

2 questions -

I bought Hades on Switch about a week ago as I had some money left on my Switch account. Haven't tried it yet.

And hell yeah to the other question. Been meaning to make one myself as I have yet to make a list on Match cut, figuring we don't have that many members so what's the point.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Holy moly.

Apparently Star Citizen has made more than $300-million, and it isn't out yet. And no release date in sight.

There are single ships to use in game that are selling for $10K+.

My boss came to my store yesterday and we get along pretty well and have many of the same interests, so after we were done business talk I was telling him my frustration with trying to get a PS5.

He showed me a screencap from the "buy bot" (I think that's what he called it) that his friend uses for scalping them. Basically a piece of software that is linked to Amazon, Best Buy, EB Games, Walmart, etc. And is constantly checking stock levels and immediately buys all of their stock the second any hits their websites.

So, this pissed me off, and I think this scalping problem is only going to be solved by two things happening...

1.) Customers need to have self control and not buy from scalpers.

2.) And perhaps more importantly, retailers need to not allow customers to buy 15 consoles at once. If a customer is buying 15 PS5's (which is the shot he showed me from his friend's software, a purchase of 15 from one Best Buy), it is obvious what they are doing and they should not allow the sale.

Started playing The Last Of Us last night. Thought I might need to brush up on the original (played it maybe 5 years ago, remember all the key moments but that's it) and...not sure I will continue.

I forgot how much of this game is just walking around while your partner talks to you.

It looks and sounds gorgeous, and I enjoyed it the first time...but not very replayable.

Also, hot damn the partner AI is frustrating. I WILL STAND RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!

Any of you remember an SNES fighting game called Rise of the Robots?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Used my Christmas money on a Nintendo Switch. Should be getting here early next week. I'm hyped to get back into gaming.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Used my Christmas money on a Nintendo Switch. Should be getting here early next week. I'm hyped to get back into gaming.
    Very nice!! What games are you going to look at?

All Scarette plays is Animal Crossing on that thing...
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”