Page 1137 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 13763710371087112711351136113711381139114711871237 ... LastLast
Results 28,401 to 28,425 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Recently discovered that the library has complete catalogues of all current gen video games, and rentals even for new titles start at 3 weeks (with the ability to keep it longer if no one is waiting for it).

Hellllooooooo never having to blind buy a questionable title again!

Tomorrow is the reveal of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Gameplay said to be similar to Sekiro, takes place after Revenge of the Sith.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -

Quote Quoting Polygon
    “We made Bloodroots a bit like Quentin Tarantino makes his movies,” says Raph Toulouse, co-founder of Paper Cult Games. “It’s a patchwork or a collage of influences. The main one is Jackie Chan for the idea that everything is a weapon. Obviously Hotline Miami played a big part of the game, the loop of a fast paced action game. The setting is inspired by The Revenant with DiCaprio and the bear, and the art style is inspired by the background artists on Samurai Jack.”
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/11/18...y-release-date

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    November 15th. Single Player game. No microtransactions.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

More excited for that than the movie.

If the rumours are true that the gameplay is reminiscent of From games, this could be something pretty special.

- - - - -
    Great trailer --- but anyone who believes it when they say "single player, no microtransactions" will get what they deserve when EA inevitably reams them.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Great trailer --- but anyone who believes it when they say "single player, no microtransactions" will get what they deserve when EA inevitably reams them.
    For a single player game, I will have no interest in "having a red lightsaber" or "wearing Mandalorian armor" so we're good.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Yeh let's be honest. It will have DLC and shit you can buy for the game, but when I hear microstansactions I think of things inside the main game that you want to do, but can't, because you need to pay for it. Like with Star Wars Battlefield 2 when if you wanted to play as Darth Vadar, you needed to spend $10 more.

A good example of how to handle this is Resident Evil 2 remake recently. To get all the costumes for Leon or Claire, you need finish certain challenges in the game. (beat it under 2 hours, without saving, etc). Well last week, Capcom released DLC that unlocked all the stuff that was only obtainable by beating these challenges.

Does it impact the game? No. Is it a cute thing that some people would pay more money for because they care about it? Sure. (BTW, humble brag, I obtained all the unlocks by defeating all the challenges)

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04...ock-everything

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Also more self promotion that I'll probably put in my sig, I recently re-obtained my Twitch account 'Dukefrukem' finally after 7 years. Been streaming Division 2 lately. (I had been playing as Dukefrukem2 all this time)

https://www.twitch.tv/dukefrukem#

Ubisoft giving away a free copy of AC Unity - Today only

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-not...giveaway/en-US

- - - - -

C U P H E A D

O N

T H E

S W I T C H

I remain super excited for the game Eitr, which is basically being developed by one dude, mostly, and is finally scheduled to be released this year. Love the setting and style and gameplay that I've seen.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I have played all of From Software’s games. Other than Demon’s Souls, I have played through all of them multiple times, amounting to thousands of hours.

I have never had as much trouble with a boss as I am having with Genichiro in Sekiro.

I am on day 4 trying to beat this guy. Nearly a dozen hours on a single fight I cannot beat.

This is absolutely. Fucking. Ridiculous.

And the community provides no help. In all the SoulsBorne games, the community was all about helping each other, providing hidden tips, even cheeses that can be exploited.

With Sekiro, it’s all just “WELL YOU SHOULD GIT GUD SCRUB”

I have watched every YouTube video I can find.

I. Cannot. Beat. This. Guy.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I have played all of From Software’s games. Other than Demon’s Souls, I have played through all of them multiple times, amounting to thousands of hours.

I have never had as much trouble with a boss as I am having with Genichiro in Sekiro.

I am on day 4 trying to beat this guy. Nearly a dozen hours on a single fight I cannot beat.

This is absolutely. Fucking. Ridiculous.

And the community provides no help. In all the SoulsBorne games, the community was all about helping each other, providing hidden tips, even cheeses that can be exploited.

With Sekiro, it’s all just “WELL YOU SHOULD GIT GUD SCRUB”

I have watched every YouTube video I can find.

I. Cannot. Beat. This. Guy.
    Doesn't sound fun.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Doesn't sound fun.
    None of the games are.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    None of the games are.
    I enjoy the Souls games, but I have zero desire to play Sekiro.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

None of the games are.

*eyeroll intensifies*

My company's first major game, Pagan Online, is out now on Steam Early Access, and it's frustrating reading the reviews - a lot of people are giving it negative reviews only because they presume that we will introduce microtransactions and other pay to win content later on.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    My company's first major game, Pagan Online, is out now on Steam Early Access, and it's frustrating reading the reviews - a lot of people are giving it negative reviews only because they presume that we will introduce microtransactions and other pay to win content later on.

To me it sound like they are giving negative reviews because you won't let them unlock a 2nd character until you grind through 60+ hours of content. (and then presuming a pay to unlock feature would be coming down the road). Why not let them create as many characters as you want out of the gate?

I added it to my wishlist btw.

Congratulations on the release, [ETM]! If I had a PC I would totally check it out.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    What parts are you having difficulty with specifically? What's your strategy? How far have you taken him? Also what's your attack and vitality at?

It took me a while but I did it eventually. I found Lady Butterfly more troublesome and time consuming actually. And I've never beaten a Souls game! I'm thinking that the more hours one has put into Souls games, the more difficult it will be unlearning all of that to play Sekiro.
    Last edited by Milky Joe; 04-21-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    What parts are you having difficulty with specifically? What's your strategy? How far have you taken him? Also what's your attack and vitality at?

It took me a while but I did it eventually. I found Lady Butterfly more troublesome and time consuming actually. And I've never beaten a Souls game! I'm thinking that the more hours one has put into Souls games, the more difficult it will be unlearning all of that to play Sekiro.

Lady Butterfly I beat on the first try by just spam attacking.

Genichiro I cannot get a read on the patterns of his attacks. Everything seems completely random and I don’t have fast enough reflexes to react.

I’m at the point where I’ve even looked up cheeses, and it seems there aren’t any.

I’m at a total loss.

Vitality 4, attack 3.

To me it sound like they are giving negative reviews because you won't let them unlock a 2nd character until you grind through 60+ hours of content. (and then presuming a pay to unlock feature would be coming down the road). Why not let them create as many characters as you want out of the gate?
    That is a fair question, and one to which I don't have a real answer. Those decisions are above my pay grade right now, but what I do know is we definitely mean it when we say we're against microtransactions and any kind of monetization beyond in-game grinding. My wife and I picked up quite a few "hero shards" needed for unlocking characters in only a couple of days of casual gameplay (2-3 hours a day). There's a lot that can still be tweaked before it's fully released, and we intend to try and make as many people as possible happy.

Yeh that's the good thing about Early Access is you can take the community feedback and adjust before release. I'm following it now on steam so I'll see all the future updates.

That's awesome Duke. This is a huge deal for us, since we're going from an obscure Hidden Object Game developer with about 50 titles that no one has heard of to, hopefully, a mainstream household name.