Page 1106 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 10660610061056109611041105110611071108111611561206 ... LastLast
Results 27,626 to 27,650 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Trans - have you played any of the Witcher 3 expansions? Blood and Wine in particular is outstanding.
    Yep. I got both expansion packs with the game during some sale a year or so back. Great fun.

I have no interest in online multiplayer games. I just like big worlds that I can jump in and explore from time to time.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Yep. I got both expansion packs with the game during some sale a year or so back. Great fun.

I have no interest in online multiplayer games. I just like big worlds that I can jump in and explore from time to time.
    Did you try out Wildlands over the weeekend?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I bought a new PC yesterday. GTX 1080 incoming. Will be my first experience gaming in 4K.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Is anybody else playing Dad of War? I'm about 2.5 hours in and so far it's absolutely incredible: equal parts epic battles, stunning scenery, and wonderful interactions between Kratos and his son. A complete (and welcome) tone change from previous entries, it feels like the series has finally grown up.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Not yet. It got perfect 10s on almost every review I saw. I'm too entrenched in 4 games right now;

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    Tom Clancy's The Division
    Far Cry 5

AND I just bought a brand new Alienware Desktop (scheduled to be delivered on Sat). So, it behooves me to play PC right now rather than PS4.

God of War is good.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Yeah, this game is something special, to be sure. Some of the areas are staggeringly beautiful.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Are you guys playing in 4K?

Hahaha, good one.

No.

I work at a dollar store.

I can not afford to live on my own.

I can not afford 4K.

I'm perfectly content with my PS4Norm.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Haven't looked into 4k yet. What's the pricing these days?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Haven't looked into 4k yet. What's the pricing these days?
    There's almost no difference in TV prices. $10 an inch seems to be the norm which is fair.

More expensive are PC monitors which I am thinking about getting with my new computer. They run for about $300 for a 28 inch. But then of course I may go overkill with this. For the first time in my PC gaming life I may address the screen door effect (tearing). Haven't decided yet though. I want to see how it looks on my 42 inch monitor first.

In anticipation for Metroid Prime 4 I bought Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS. I'm barely touching it, but this seemed like a good choice to re-ignite interest in the 3DS.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

God of War is really fun. I should've beat it by now, but instead started over on the hardest difficulty, "Give Me God of War." Geeeez it is brutal, but I'm thinking it will even out a little once I get to the Lake of Nine.

Oh shit.

Ubisoft has slowly been growing their portfolio and have been pioneers in gaming lately. Not exactly shovelware a some may think they are with their current lineup, Division, Wildlands, Siege and FC5. Division 2 is in the pipe. I like that they've calmed down on the sequels a bit too (i'm looking at you Assassin's Creed)

Their next big release looks to be another hit. I highly recommend the first game for those who haven't played it.

Okay now its starting to irritate me we don't have another Onimusha game. Come on!

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Okay now its starting to irritate me we don't have another Onimusha game. Come on!
    This is a game I loved when I was younger, but didn't think would work well today. The new God of War, however, suggests it could work.

Speaking of, Give Me God of War mode becomes MUCH more balanced once you make it to the Lake of Nine. It's obviously not balanced with the beginning "tutorial" segments in mind (the "marketplace" with all the frozen draugr almost made me give up), but once you are able to make some choices, grind a little, make your way through the skill tree, etc. it becomes the best way to play imo. Nearly every battle makes me feel the same way as Atreus, hands on my head in disbelief, "How did you DO that?!" I'm having tons of fun.

No not want.

I quit playing the first one when I got to like the third town.

Then again...

Taking bets as to which Andrew WK song is in the next trailer. My money is on She is Beautiful.

Has a Mad Max feel and is developed in part by Avalanche, so could be fun.