Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Thread

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    God I'm gonna miss Uncanny X-Force. A fine, emotional end to the series. And Remender writes in the end-of-issue essay that this story will be continued in some way starting in Uncanny Avengers #5, which sounds awesome.

Thor continues to stun me. Even with strong issues of Avengers and FF it remains the gem of Marvel NOW.

The recruitment montage from Avengers 2 made me joyous.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The recruitment montage from Avengers 2 made me joyous.
    Awesome issue. Loved it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

All New X-Men is hitting on all levels for me. Really digging it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah New X-Men has kicked all kinds of ass. Really enjoyed the vintage X-Men art in the mind scenes.

New Avengers was interesting. Not sure what Hickman intends to do with the villain, but I'm guessing this series will be even more interesting than his Avengers stuff, if he gets to focus issues on single characters like he did with Black Panther.

Now this intrigues me. Brian Wood is launching a new X-Men book with Oliver Copiel.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

^ Ultimate X-Men has been pretty terrific. He has a good handle on those characters.

I feel stupid for not getting it immediately, but apparently the teaser says "XX" because it will be an all-female X-team.

Duh.
    Movie Theater Diary

No idea what this is gonna be.

Movie Theater Diary

Irving on Uncanny after Bachalo.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I feel stupid for not getting it immediately, but apparently the teaser says "XX" because it will be an all-female X-team.

Duh.
    Voila:

Excellent fucking line-up. I have more interest in these mutants than the ones on the other X-books.

Despite her placement on the cover, Jubilee is apparently the main character.
    Movie Theater Diary

That's cool. I didn't realize Jubilee was still a character in this decade. Looks like she's still got the same getup from the 90's.

This thread has really calmed down.

Anyone read Savage Wolverine? Seems like the first story will be worth following at least.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Venusian Rubbed Moscow sevenarts's Avatar
    I've been really impressed with Marvel Now so far. Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers has been amazing, as expected. Aaron's Thor is nearly as great. All-New X-Men has been really fun and far better than I ever expected. I'm also enjoying Captain America, X-Men Legacy, and Uncanny Avengers. Fraction's Fantastic Four/FF has been OK, though I'm mostly enjoying Mike Allred's art on FF.

Everyone should check out Gillen's Young Avengers, the first issue was *fantastic* and has me really psyched for more. Gillen's a writer I've enjoyed here and there before but never fully committed to, and here he seems to have totally nailed his voice.

I'm on the fence about Avengers Arena, Uncanny X-Force, and Indestructible Hulk but they've been OK and promising so far. Same thing with Savage Wolverine - the 1st issue was fun enough and the art of course is great.

Marvel's done a good job of pairing its creative talents with projects well-suited to their various strengths, I think.

Yeah, I'm enjoying both of Hickman's Avengers. Fraction's FF has been surprisingly great as well in his absence.

I'm really liking what Bendis is doing with All New X-Men...the young Cyclops/Wolverine role reversal has been entertaining. There are a lot of strong titles out right now.

This is a nice parallel. Well played, Bendis.

Movie Theater Diary

Hawkguy 7 was awesome. Matt Fraction is just really damn good at writing these kinds of characters. I miss his Iron Fist stuff.

The fact that they shuffled issues around despite the editorial headache it caused to get the Sandy issue out as soon as possible is commendable.
    Movie Theater Diary

Thanks for getting me into Hawkeye guys. That was fun.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This recap is hilarious and depressingly accurate to that mini.

Movie Theater Diary

Uncanny X-Men was a pretty good start. I'm enjoying this new direction for Cyclops.

Rumor is that Marvel wants to finally put the Ultimate universe to bed (good!) by making their summer event next year Avengers vs Ultimates (baaad!).
    Movie Theater Diary

Thor: God of Thunder - definitely a good read so far. I'm glad it's pretty much a given now that there's no Donald Blake character, never liked that aspect of the character.

Hickman's Avenger book has slowed down a bit after the first arc ended. I miss the Opena art mostly, although I do like that he's trying to establish a lot of the lesser known characters.

Yeah, after the first arc was over, it's definitely halted a little. I didn't get the last issue. I'm enjoying Uncanny Avengers a lot more

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast