Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1595

Thread: The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    What exactly is Frenzy anyways? It seems to result in your head exploding, so is it like such intense madness that your brain blows up?

And which boss did you kill? I am at Amagdalya (sp?).
    I don't know what Frenzy is, really.

Today I took down the Martyr dude at Cainhurst, The One Reborn, and Amygdala or whatever.

I don't know how to explain Frenzy in terms of lore, but it sure as hell seems to work a lot like bleeding from past games.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Nice fight, Scar. Do you normally play unlocked?

?
    Yeah, that's from the old Demons Souls days. I like to roll. I'm getting better with locked and not swearing when he doesn't roll.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So reading some guides it looks like there are at least 2 full areas that I completely missed.

I'm hoping my first playthrough will break 40 hours. I'm at about 33 right now.

With all 3 of the other Souls games my first plays were in the 60-80 hour range. I'm thinking it's just because I am kind of used to the Souls formula and strategies, that I have gone through BB relatively quickly.

But needless to say I will be replaying it several times. I still haven't even touched magic abilities.

Has anyone here found any decent armor? I am approaching end game and still wearing the Yarnham Hunter set, and have yet to find anything that even come close to rivalling it, especially in its resistances.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I use the Tomb Prospector's set, the Executioner's set, and now the Cainhurst set. Unless I'm dealing with poison, in which case I'll use the Black Church set. Armor in this seems more like Demon's Souls in that it doesn't really matter, but it's also the best looking armor/clothing I've ever seen in a game.

I have two keys that I have no idea what to do with: the Iron Door key - which opens the door to some bridge - and an upper Cathedral Key or something. I'm pretty sure I can go and fight the main boss right now, but there still seems like there is some stuff to do, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm at about 42 hours. My first time through Dark Souls was 120 hours, Demon's Souls was 35 hours, and Dark Souls 2 was 60 hours.

Oh yeah - I've only touched 1 Chalice Dungeon, so I'll do working on those for awhile.

Could the Iron Door key be the key for the wooden door next to the chest near the Cathedral? There was a chest down a flight of stairs after a huge enemy with a ball and chain, and there is a door right next to it that is locked. I go back to it every once in a while to check if anything has changed.

I wear the Yarnham set because it had massive Frenzy resistance. Those eyeball guys in the Nightmare Frontier only took about half my health rather than killing me.

So in your opinion the armor is more "fashion souls" than "function souls"?

I wore the noble dress all through Castle Cainhurst. It was fun.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Could the Iron Door key be the key for the wooden door next to the chest near the Cathedral? There was a chest down a flight of stairs after a huge enemy with a ball and chain, and there is a door right next to it that is locked. I go back to it every once in a while to check if anything has changed.

I wear the Yarnham set because it had massive Frenzy resistance. Those eyeball guys in the Nightmare Frontier only took about half my health rather than killing me.

So in your opinion the armor is more "fashion souls" than "function souls"?
    I need to check that door. I did find the Upper Cathedral door - and it leads to a place so damn dark and scary that I had to put the game down for the day. I swear - this game gets under my skin like no other has. It's just about the creepiest thing I've ever experienced.

I think the armor is more for certain situations when you need a certain defense, but over all, since you really shouldn't be getting hit much at all, it's far less about physical defense. I pretty much wear what I think is cool.

Also, speaking of status defenses, I found a rune in the Nightmare Frontier that gives a +100 to all status effect defenses. Pretty great.

At one point today I killed a woman's half aborted, deformed fetus.

So yeah....this game is seriously fucked up.

Apparently there are at least 3 different endings.

The Choir has been the most infuriating area of the game for me.

All those fucking Mindflayers. Jesus Christ.

Went from 68 Insight to 35 in less than an hour of play.

Just killed the Celestial Emissary. What a MAJOR disappointment. I don't think I was even hit once.

Yeah it was super easy.

Getting to it was the boss fight :lol:

Well I was about to beat the game when I answered a question wrong, and now I have to fight the most bullshit boss in video game history. The last 6 or so bosses have been total pushovers, but this MFer is a real POS. 12 times, and didn't even come close. Now I have no bullets, and no vials, and I'm not sure I even want to keep fighting him.

Might just start a new game when the guide comes out and to a guided run, and then answer the damn question correctly so I can see the credits.

"What...is your favourite colour?"

"Blue. Wait, no-YYYYAAARRGGGGHHHH"

Basically.

"Yes or no?"

"No."

HAHAHA! Too bad. Now die...over and over and over and over.....

I'm stuck with two routes to go through, and each have a boss I cannot pass.

The Martyr in Cainhurst, and the Daughter of the Cosmos in the Orphanage.

And I've wasted so much Insight trying to get help. I think I've only ever had my bell answered maybe 3 times in the 40 hours I've been playing.

The Martyr was the hardest boss in the game, up until the dude I'm at now. I spent the better part of 8 hours on him. Not a single time did he ever behave like all the youtube strats showed. Not once. No matter where I stood in relation to him, he was flying all around and spamming magic left and right.

Of course there are some rumors going around that the more Insight you have, the tougher the bosses are, and I had about 65 Insight at that point. I've mainly been playing Offline to avoid summoning. I summoned for 2 fights in the game - Paarl and The Ghosts of Yarhnam, and wish I wouldn't have.

Daughter of the Cosmos, hate to be that guy, but I beat on the second attempt without even taking a hit.

That's one of my favorite parts of these games - the wild variation in experiences from player to player.

There are bosses that are widely considered nigh impossible that I've beaten without a hitch, and bosses that are considered easy that I went crazy on.

In the first DKS, there was that duo boss - I forget their names. Gold armor, one had a huge hammer and was fat, the other was skinny and had a sword. They were considered so difficulty they became a meme. I beat them first try without even using an Estus.

Any tips for Daughter of the Cosmos?

And I hope this experience at the end of the game hasn't soured your whole love of the game. It's still an all time best for me.

DoC - I mainly hung out on her rear, in between her two tails. She couldn't touch me for the most part. I'd back off when I thought she was going to go crazy or something, and then dodge my way back in.

Got the Bone Ash set. Super cool.

And I have a mental illness wherein every time I look in my inventory and see Sedatives, in my head I yell "SEDAGIVE????"

Did you get that in a Chalice Dungeon?

Yes I believe I got it from defeating the final Pthumeru Lord.

I just cannot seem to get anyone to answer my bell to help me with the Martyr so I have been giving the main game a break and working on dungeons a bit.

That's what I'm going to be doing while I level up about 100 times to defeat the "optional" boss I now have to fight to beat the game.

Apparently there are some pretty widespread issues with bell ringing. Hopefully that will be patched soon.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast