Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazon Thread (or, for Duke, the I Love Bezos Thread)

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Yeah, they're getting more exclusive content these days and it's still only 25 cents more than Netflix every month. It is worth it. I just wish the Amazon Video interface is a lot better.
    Agreed on all of this. I buy a ton of stuff with Amazon. Two day shipping for free is amazing. Using the Amazon video service is just a bonus for me.

The $20 increase is a lot more reasonable than the talked-about $40 increase.

Although I'd probably save a ton of money by not having prime, because since I got prime I started ordering a lot more stuff, because...well...I have prime and gets here fast!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I need to re-evaluate if prime is worth it for me anymore. I dont like the sales tax and I dont like the $20 increase. I rarely use Amazon streaming versus Netflix, so I'm gonna find out how much I ordered in the last year to see if the shipping is actually worth it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Variety is good. I guess it ships in April.

So now you have the Roku, Chromecast and this.

And also: "Pricing remains unclear, though the people familiar with the company's plans said the device likely would come with incentives available to members of Amazon's Prime streaming video and shipping program. "

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

FYI there's a workaround to Prime's pricehike. Gifting it is still $79. You can just turn off auto renewal and then buy a membership gift for yourself, heh.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    FYI there's a workaround to Prime's pricehike. Gifting it is still $79. You can just turn off auto renewal and then buy a membership gift for yourself, heh.
    I wonder if that will be fixed by the time my membership runs out in July.

Welp, here it is. You can buy it now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CX5P8FC

Streaming box and game system all in one.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Purchased for bedroom. (HBOgo is heading for it btw)

edit: nevermind- the engadget report redacted the claim.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I love Amazon but I already have 5+ devices in my house that do everything this does so I have no need for it. It needs HBO Go.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Looks impressive, though. What's the catch?

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    Looks impressive, though. What's the catch?
    What do you mean?
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

You can play the walking dead Telltale games on this thing.

I'm still stubbornly using my PS3.
    Movie Theater Diary

Looks like they are really making a go at the gaming side of this thing. Besides Double Helix (creators of the new Killer Instinct and Strider both well reviewed games) who they bought a little while ago:

"Amazon is bolstering up talent in their video game development studio, and they've got two new high-profile snags: Portal designer Kim Swift and Far Cry 2 designer Clint Hocking have both joined Amazon Game Studios".
    TV Recently Finished:

So Amazon has a cool deal for Prime members right now on Kindles. Pay only 20% off the final price and they deffer your payment into 4 monthly installments. I just used it as an opportunity to upgrade my Fire to the 64 GB model.

When I brought my Fire to PAX this past weekend, it ran out of space which I didn't think I could really ever do. All those comics take up a lot of space I guess...

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So Amazon has a cool deal for Prime members right now on Kindles. Pay only 20% off the final price and they deffer your payment into 4 monthly installments. I just used it as an opportunity to upgrade my Fire to the 64 GB model.
    This reads like a spambot comment on Youtube.

Ha yeh it does. I'm a big fan of interest free deals so this tickled my fancy.

Ha yeh it does. I'm a big fan of interest free deals so this tickled my fancy.
    I'm a Prime member and I don't see this deal anywhere. All I see is that I get an extra 10% off on Kindles.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I'm a Prime member and I don't see this deal anywhere. All I see is that I get an extra 10% off on Kindles.
    Dunno what to tell you. It's right there.

Dunno what to tell you. It's right there.

Must not be strictly a Prime thing. Mine shows an extra 10% off in that orange bar. Perhaps it is also tied to dollar amount spent since becoming a member, or whether you have an Amazon store card? Not sure, but that offer doesn't apply to me and I've been a Prime member for two years and have multiple Kindles in my family. No big deal, I wasn't going to take advantage of it anyway, just wondered why it wasn't showing up for me.

That's really weird.... Hmmm.

Yeah - I don't have the deal either, and I spend a TON of money on prime.

Weird.

I'd like to buy my gf a fire.

Holy shit. This X-Ray feature is insanely good. It's almost instantaneous. Is this built into the streaming stream? Or does it use facial recognition? Either way, impressive.

Big move. And probably due to HBO losing subscribers from people leaving cable.

But starting in May, you’ll be able to get some of the premium cable channel’s older stuff online — via an Amazon Prime subscription.

That means Amazon Prime subscribers will be able to see shows that have already run on HBO, like The Sopranos and The Wire. And they can also watch older seasons of some shows that are still on the air, like Girls, three years after they air.

It’s the first time HBO has offered access to its catalog via streaming video service that’s not its own HBO Go. And it gives Amazon an important bragging right/differentiation point as it tries to gain ground on rival Netflix.
    http://recode.net/2014/04/23/amazon-...der-hbo-shows/

Also, Amazon's Fire TV is also getting an HBO Go app which was previously unconfirmed.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast