Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
Do you mean it will be a sixty minute drama? (Asking as the last I remember, I heard this will be a thirty minute show slanted towards pure comedy.)
I was confirming that it would be primarily dramatic with comedic accents, as this seemed somewhat uncertain until the press release (I think there were earlier claims that it would be 75% comedy and 25% drama). As for the length, I'm admittedly just assuming that it will follow the typical 48 minute running time (approximately). A serialized drama consisting of thirty minute episodes would be pretty unusual.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
We're in the Age of Kickstarter, and fans are used to being pandered to. I think a lot of people will expect, if not Breaking Bad 2, then at least Breaking Bad 1.5 out of this.

A huge shift in tone and visual style will alienate fans and confuse newcomers.
I'm not certain that it will confuse newcomers, as their expectations wouldn't be informed by Breaking Bad, but you may be right about some fans. I think it's definitely more exciting than a recapitulation of Breaking Bad's visual style. The Kubrick reference is intriguing. I'm curious how that will manifest.