Page 4 of 407 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The News Thread

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I'm also hearing that the 13 kids who got disciplined signed a no-drinking contract with the team or whatever the hell it was they were involved with. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then they did break school rules, and it's within the school's rights to punish them.
    You are correct.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    My point is: He leaked the Pentagon Papers. What does that have to do w/ 9/11? He distrusts the goverment, fine. Can he comprehend a Physics Textbook?
    Okay, I now see what your saying. But with the exception of a few quotes from some of the people in the article I more so got the feeling that many of them were questioning why our response to the attacks was so incompentant. They're right: why the hell did the Pentagon's defense systems not shoot down the plane heading for it? Me I don't question the WTC attacks, but I do think there's plenty fishy about the Pentagon attack and I do think there's a good chance that the plane that crashed in Penn. wasn't forced down by the passangers attacking the terrorists, but instead was shot down.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Okay, I now see what your saying. But with the exception of a few quotes from some of the people in the article I more so got the feeling that many of them were questioning why our response to the attacks was so incompentant. They're right: why the hell did the Pentagon's defense systems not shoot down the plane heading for it? Me I don't question the WTC attacks, but I do think there's plenty fishy about the Pentagon attack and I do think there's a good chance that the plane that crashed in Penn. wasn't forced down by the passangers attacking the terrorists, but instead was shot down.
    Milky Joe is a firm believer in the controlled demolition theory, among other shit.....

EDIT: Show me where the Pentagon has these defense systems.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    How, exactly, does a guy who leaked government documents bring credibility to your 'theories'?
    The guy actually leaked them for a very good, valid reason. The government lied their fucking asses off to us about the Vietnam War, and thanks to him we discovered it. Among other things.
    Uh huh....
    What the hell are you? Yeesh.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Milky Joe is a firm believer in the controlled demolition theory, among other shit.....

EDIT: Show me where the Pentagon has these defense systems.
    That's where he and I strongly differ, among other things. Also I'm pretty damn sure there are defense systems (like shit to launch guided missiles, etc) around the Pentagon. If there isn't then no wonder the damn building got hit on Sept. 11.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    What you should be asking, MadMan, is why were there no fighter jets scrambled to intercept any of the errant flightcraft, the way it was done routinely and in accordance with standard procedures 60-some other times in 2001. Of particular interest is Norman Mineta's testimony to the 9/11 commission which conveniently never made it into the final report.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    What you should be asking, MadMan, is why were there no fighter jets scrambled to intercept any of the errant flightcraft, the way it was done routinely and in accordance with standard procedures 60-some other times in 2001. Of particular interest is Norman Mineta's testimony to the 9/11 commission which conveniently never made it into the final report.
    Yeah those are good questions. Right now I'm going with goverment incompentance, but I'm sure there are other reasons....
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Here's an interesting tidbit of information that the local media hasn't really been forthcoming about: it would appear that 42 students provided testimony of the incident to the administrators who doled out the punishment. Now, that's not definitive proof, but it's pretty damned close.
    I didn't realize that since it wasn't in the article. It certainly is pretty definitive proof, but now what I want to know is what kind of shitty high school has 42 kids who'd narc on their classmates? That's so not wizard that I'd get Diablo to fry up those home skillets.

I'm also hearing that the 13 kids who got disciplined signed a no-drinking contract with the team or whatever the hell it was they were involved with. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then they did break school rules, and it's within the school's rights to punish them.
    In that case, the school does have a right to get involved since they have testimony. My problem was that it sounded like they had nothing but red cups to back up the accusations.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    That's so not wizard that I'd get Diablo to fry up those home skillets.
    You are officially worse than 9/11 or any of its inside jobs.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That's where he and I strongly differ, among other things. Also I'm pretty damn sure there are defense systems (like shit to launch guided missiles, etc) around the Pentagon. If there isn't then no wonder the damn building got hit on Sept. 11.
    Whats this pretty damn sure shit? You're telling me there's AA batteries or missle launchers around the Pentagon, or built in? Come on....

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    What the hell are you? Yeesh.
    A High Level CIA Agent undercover as a Blue Collar Biochemist whose sole purpose is to countteract conspiracy theories on the web.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/13826101.html

"People who have sex in public bathrooms have an expectation of privacy."

:crazy:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/882209.html

In a nice bit of irony, Nifong files for bankruptcy (while Duke lax players smile, throw a big party, complete with strippers).

Director
    Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    In a nice bit of irony, Nifong files for bankruptcy (while Duke lax players smile, throw a big party, complete with strippers).
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for that scumbag.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for that scumbag.
    Seconded.

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Seconded.
    Thirded.

A High Level CIA Agent undercover as a Blue Collar Biochemist whose sole purpose is to countteract conspiracy theories on the web.
    EXPOSED.

[
    ]

http://www.startribune.com/nation/13826101.html

"People who have sex in public bathrooms have an expectation of privacy."

:crazy:
    If this toilet seat's a rockin', don't come a knockin'??

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    If this toilet seat's a rockin', don't come a knockin'??
    Go into the stall next to it, and drop the mother of all stinky shits.

Go into the stall next to it, and drop the mother of all stinky shits.
    :lol:

Indeed.

Whats this pretty damn sure shit? You're telling me there's AA batteries or missle launchers around the Pentagon, or built in? Come on....
    Actually I thought you knew for sure. Me, I'm only 70% sure, and I've heard it from many others that such batteries or missile launchers exist. *Shrug*

Ah hah! I knew it! *Sees little red beed appear on his chest. Runs like hell*

Thirded.
    I also agree with everyone. The media who from the get go thought the kids were guility should also get fried, but sadly there doesn't seem to be many if any punishments for reporters getting their shit wrong too.

As for having sex in a public restroom, I wouldn't do it simply because those are usually really freakin' nasty. Your having sex in an area that at one point someone dropped a massive shit in, among other things. Yikes.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Father arrested for forcing son to wear Packers jersey

PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) -- Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday, when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.

Kowald, contacted later Wednesday by the Portage Daily Register, said the incident started as a joke. His son challenged him by saying he wouldn't root for the Packers. When he tied the boy up, the youngster was laughing while his wife took pictures, he said.

"Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute," he said. "I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but I haven't been able to tell him that."

District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there wasn't enough evidence to support felony charges.

"I wouldn't agree with what he did, but legally a parent can restrain a child," she said. "I have no proof of emotional damage. ... I have to follow the law.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    The link isn't working for me.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    It works from my computer, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I cut-and-pasted the story above.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Try this one:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/13848871.html

Page 4 of 407 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast