Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X Amount of Things That Bring On The Rage

Time for a road trip.

Someone eviscerate that cunt.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Grocery Shopping

Normally, I don't mind grocery shopping. Why? Because I go at about 1545 during the week after work. I've got my list, I checked it twice. Grab the shit and get out. God help me if I have to go late morning/early afternoon on a Saturday. Too. Much. Humanity. And then there are the howlers. You know them, the kids that aren't getting what they want, so they start screaming at the top of their lungs and just, will, not, shut, the fuck, up.

Multiply this by 10 if I have to go to Walmart.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Before I had kids, I used to go grocery shopping at 1 or 2 in the morning. It was beautiful. The place was completely empty.

Chavs

Fucking Chavs.

My grocery shopping experiences are long, languid affairs as I'm indecisive and make my way through each aisle several times. I do this at least twice a week, too. Add to that that I have to walk the better part of a mile each way, and we're talking about a loathesome experience on my end, as well.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Where's Pritch when we need him? :cry:

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Before I had kids, I used to go grocery shopping at 1 or 2 in the morning. It was beautiful. The place was completely empty.
    I do this. Everywhere should be open 24 hours.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Chavs

Fucking Chavs.
    I don't know what this means.

I think "the entire teenage population" would be a better choice.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    My grocery shopping experiences are long, languid affairs as I'm indecisive and make my way through each aisle several times. I do this at least twice a week, too. Add to that that I have to walk the better part of a mile each way, and we're talking about a loathesome experience on my end, as well.
    Ugh. I go a few times a week. But I know what I'm gonna cook, so I grab the fish or meat, and get out.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I think "the entire teenage population" would be a better choice.
    Then you miss out on the young twenty-somethings....

I don't know what this means.
    Chav, also Charv/Charver and Chavette (pronounced /ʧæv/, with 'ch' as in chair) are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions derived from American hip hop such as imitation gold, poorly made jewellery and fake designer clothing, combined with elements of working class British street fashion. The term appeared in mainstream dictionaries in 2005.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

I was unaware that Minnesota had such a Chav infestation.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I was unaware that Minnesota had such a Chav infestation.

We have other terminology, but I'm trying to bring Chav into common day usage.

We have other terminology, but I'm trying to bring Chav into common day usage.
    It is a rather pleasing word to say.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Ah, chav. I didn't realize it had a name.

My life is mercifully pretty much chav-free.

Darth Maul's Screen Time

Are you kidding me? The guy all the promotional material was based around was in the movie for around five FUCKING minutes?! Get the FUCK out.

Darth Maul's Screen Time

I liked how pretty much the first time we see him, he's presented fairly un-menacingly and has some really unintimidating lines.

I liked how pretty much the first time we see him, he's presented fairly un-menacingly and has some really unintimidating lines.
    Yeah. Pity he'd already been built up by the hype machine. Could you have imagined what would've happened if they hadn't unveiled the double bladed light sabre until after the movie hit theatres? Granted, I would've pitied the theatre workers, because of the massive clean up that would've required after a million fan boys splooged themselves.

[mumbling]"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."[/mumbling]

Oohh!
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Voltage!!!
    My then-roommate once was watching a YouTube video with those Westboro bastards. They were singing a song about how God hates America, fags, and... I don't know. Everything. It struck me that they sounded like a parody, a big joke. But they aren't. They're horrible, hateful people that for some reason get off on disturbing other people's already distrubed peace.

My friend continued to watch these videos of these terrible people, hating them of course, but still enjoying and fascinated by the absurdity of it on some level. I had enough and left the room in disgust. I can take no pleasure in these sick hijinks.
    Wait, whaaaaaaat?! That wasn't a joke?!?

My brother had half of his back tattooed with a giant Darth Maul before the movie's release. He has since had it replaced with an entire-back-covering Darth Vader.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Red Pepper Flakes

You made my then "special lady friend" cry.

Red Pepper Flakes
    I love these things. You have to be really careful with how you use them, though--too few is pointless, too many is painful.

Quote Quoting Cult (view post)
    I love these things. You have to be really careful with how you use them, though--too few is pointless, too many is painful.
    The recipe given to me had a typo....

It said 1/4 to 1/2 CUP. Supposed to be 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast