Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3203

Thread: Discuss the Musics Thread

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    I can see his voice annoying some people. "On Blue Mountain" reminds me of Danielson Famille in their prime.
    i remember being really into them when ships came out, even saw them play live twice. don't think i'd like it as much now

listened to alt-j for the first time recently, and i was kind of hoping for some fun indie rock, but the dude's voice definitely ruined it for me

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i remember being really into them when ships came out, even saw them play live twice. don't think i'd like it as much now
    I loved Ships and Fetch the Compass Kids, but yeah, I'm not so sure how well they hold up. Haven't listened to either much in the last few years.

listened to alt-j for the first time recently, and i was kind of hoping for some fun indie rock, but the dude's voice definitely ruined it for me
    I'm with you here. Given the praise in some quarters, I found this to be one of last year's bigger disappointments.

Wow, the Okee Dokee Brothers won the Grammy for Best Children's Album!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple of guys.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    I'm with you here. Given the praise in some quarters, I found this to be one of last year's bigger disappointments.
    Gah, you guys are nuts. "Tessellate" was one of the best tracks from last year.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If I did that with my wife next to me, I'd be in traction.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    This is totally my jam.
    He's a master. I really hope he's working on an album.

Listened to the whole mbv album today. Don't like it at all. It sounds very lazy, especially for an album that took 20 years to make. Sounds like B-sides from Loveless. I totally don't understand the love and adoration. So many better new shoegazer bands out there.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Gah, you guys are nuts. "Tessellate" was one of the best tracks from last year.
    they just seem like another one of those bands with one "good" single that's highly overrated by the nme and fools people across the pond into thinking they're actually good bands. see: the arctic monkeys

same with django django (i'm not so sure these two aren't the same band)

to be fair, i've fallen into this trap recently with the 1975. doubt they'll ever fulfill the potential that "sex" showed. those that don't like british arena rock need not apply

i will say that "there's no need to be an asshole you're not in Brooklyn anymore" line is so
    This is true though. NY'ers need to stop moving out here and acting like buttholes. This goes for my boss as well. You're in Cali: do some Yoga, take a road trip to Big Sur, and calm the fuck down.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

oh jesus

also i feel like 8 should come here and settle this once and for all, seeing as he's the only matchcutter who's lived in both places, as far as i know

Deerhoof's Breakup Song is an unjustly maligned album, I think. I certainly like it better than their last three albums before this one (and I'm one of the few people who really liked Offend Maggie).

FĂŞte d'Adieu is a lovely closer.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    D Davis, any thoughts on Hecq?

I'm listening to a dark ambient album called "Night Falls," and it seems like it'd be up your alley, although it's more melodious than your ambient stuff. Almost film-scorey. Apparently it's not representative of his other works.

Never listened to it. I'll check it out!

Do you guys all have a Spotify premium account? I know I'm late to the game on this, but this looks almost too good to be true. Worth the $10 a month or do you guys stick to the free desktop version only?
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Is it TMI to tell you guys that I can't stop, and don't want to, listening to R. Kelly?

[youtube]HCsvHarRSd4[/youtube]

And don't you know it ThePlashyBubbler's Avatar
    Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Do you guys all have a Spotify premium account? I know I'm late to the game on this, but this looks almost too good to be true. Worth the $10 a month or do you guys stick to the free desktop version only?
    I stick with the free version, but I'm also pretty much dead broke. I mainly listen to music on my computer anyway, so the only difference is the ads every couple of songs.
    Writing things for A Horizontal Myth.

Ditto. I know several people who use the $10/month version and love it, but I'm not sure of the differences aside from getting rid of the ads. I don't use Spotify often enough to pay for it (though it's a fantastic idea) since I use what.cd and stream albums from a few different sites.

This Atoms for Peace album is amazing. Best thing any of these guys have been a part of in ages.

I've really been grooving on Byul.org's Secret Stories Heard from a Girl in an Opium Den. It's non-mainstream Korean minimalist electronica. "2" and "Beer from Holland" are amazing..
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    I've really been grooving on Byul.org's Secret Stories Heard from a Girl in an Opium Den. It's non-mainstream Korean minimalist electronica. "2" and "Beer from Holland" are amazing..
    Sounds interesting.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    This past week I've been going through all of Childish Gambino's stuff. Camp and The EP from 2011 are both super good. I have two more albums that I haven't listen to yet after this one I'm on right now.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    This Atoms for Peace album is amazing. Best thing any of these guys have been a part of in ages.
    Damn, you're right. Since In Rainbows anyway. This is what The King of Limbs should've been.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Damn, you're right. Since In Rainbows anyway. This is what The King of Limbs should've been.
    Since OK Computer and Blood Sugar Sex Magic for me.