Page 100 of 129 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3203

Thread: Discuss the Musics Thread

So I'm loving Dig Your Own Hole - which Chemical Brothers album would you all recommend next?

Quote Quoting Yxklyx (view post)
    So I'm loving Dig Your Own Hole - which Chemical Brothers album would you all recommend next?
    I really like their last album Further.

[youtube]rFpeLlmfZ0w[/youtube]

The new Tegan and Sara album is quite fun as a perfect little set of pop anthems. Not a fan of the overly obvious chorus and song title links, but it's enjoyable.

Those of you good at 90s alternative rock, I've been reminiscing on how much I love the peak parts of this movement--pre-Superunknown Soundgarden, early Alice in Chains, etc. Is Mother Love Bone's sole album valuable as a musical record, or is it more valuable for the later remnants (Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam)...?
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Has anyone listened to the new Foxygen album? It's one of the best things I've heard in awhile.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    Has anyone listened to the new Foxygen album? It's one of the best things I've heard in awhile.
    Yeah, I've been enjoying that one a lot as well.

i think i'd rather just listen to belle and sebastian

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i think i'd rather just listen to belle and sebastian
    I've never connected with Belle and Sebastien the way I connect with "No Direction" on this Foxygen album.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I've never connected with Belle and Sebastien the way I connect with "No Direction" on this Foxygen album.
    well i feel sorry for you then

listening to "no destruction" now though. it doesn't really sound like b&s. maybe it's just that "san francisco" song then

edit: it's ok. don't think i'll be listening to the rest of the album though

i will say that "there's no need to be an asshole you're not in Brooklyn anymore" line is so

that is a pretty lame rolleyes smiley

edit: it's ok. don't think i'll be listening to the rest of the album though

i will say that "there's no need to be an asshole you're not in Brooklyn anymore" line is fucking awful though
    Actually it's pretty funny. I feel sorry for you for not listening to the rest of the album. I'm sure ledfloyd will feel sorry for you too if only to help balance off the condescension level.

well i really do feel sorry. belle & sebastian is my favorite band and i feel like they have some of the most incredibly affecting music i've ever heard

that line is so lame though. especially coming from a san francisco band. and being said in 2013. it's so lazy

edit: don't most of you guys wish that other people felt the same way about your favorite band as you do, or at least appreciate them?

i can see why people like them, i'm just not feeling it, at least based off the two songs i've heard. although making my decision on how i feel on a band after only listening to two songs does kind of reflect on me poorly, but it seems to me like those two songs are fairly representative of them (one being the big single, the other being the standout track on the album)

This is the best single-synth performance I've ever seen.

[youtube]99h4XTDiM5g[/youtube]

well i really do feel sorry. belle & sebastian is my favorite band and i feel like they have some of the most incredibly affecting music i've ever heard

that line is so lame though. especially coming from a san francisco band. and being said in 2013. it's so lazy
    They're not a SF band. One of the dude's is from NYC though they formed in LA.

Quote Quoting Acapelli
    edit: don't most of you guys wish that other people felt the same way about your favorite band as you do, or at least appreciate them?
    Of course. I can see why you'd get defensive about B&S even when someone's not even saying anything negative about them.

i can see why people like them, i'm just not feeling it, at least based off the two songs i've heard. although making my decision on how i feel on a band after only listening to two songs does kind of reflect on me poorly, but it seems to me like those two songs are fairly representative of them (one being the big single, the other being the standout track on the album)
    FWIW, "On Blue Mountain" is my favorite track. Probably won't win you over, but at least it's different enough from "San Francisco" that it's worth a shot.

[youtube]Cq7aPbhTqdQ[/youtube]

This guy has a mastery over his instrument and technique that is very rarely seen.

[youtube]O6ZVtP1ZEYk[/youtube]

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    FWIW, "On Blue Mountain" is my favorite track. Probably won't win you over, but at least it's different enough from "San Francisco" that it's worth a shot.

[youtube]Cq7aPbhTqdQ[/youtube]
    So good...

"San Francisco" is, in my opinion, one of the lesser tracks on the album.

think i pinpointed my biggest turnoff

it's the dude's voice

I think they're pretty good neo-psycho/folk, but I like other bands of this genre (like Asteroid #4 and the Lovetones) more.

if i'm gonna listen to some new pop-psych, i'm gonna go for last years tame impala, which i do like a whole lot

I don't like Belle and Sebastian, and don't even know what a Foxygen is.

There, settled.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    I don't like Belle and Sebastian, and don't even know what a Foxygen is.

There, settled.
    Yep, we already knew to ignore your opinions regarding indie pop.

think i pinpointed my biggest turnoff

it's the dude's voice
    I can see his voice annoying some people. "On Blue Mountain" reminds me of Danielson Famille in their prime.

I'm trying to decide which album is the better of the two Rush albums I own: Moving Pictures or 2112. The former is more accessible, but the latter is more mind blowing.

And I finally bought Fun's Some Nights today as well. Its a good solid pop album, although it would have worked better as a shorter disc (by about two tracks, but hey 10-11 track albums are average length these days).
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

if i'm gonna listen to some new pop-psych, i'm gonna go for last years tame impala, which i do like a whole lot
    That Tame Impala album is really solid. It might be a little stretched thematically, especially in the instrumental tracks, but I appreciate the ease of how it uses its aesthetic. And "Apocalypse Dreams," "Elephant," and ""It Feels Like We Only Go Backwards" are just incredible.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    This guy has a mastery over his instrument and technique that is very rarely seen.
    This is totally my jam.