Page 990 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 49089094098098898999099199210001040109014901990 ... LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    This wrestling move is just TOO AWESOME to be contained in the YouTube thread.

[youtube]DU4TDGlbTz8[/youtube]
    If all wrestling was that awesome, I'd watch it every day.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    My process for preparing papers was not nearly as rigorous, possibly because I kept a lot in my head rather than write down my plan of attack or outline or such. I combed sources and typed out the exact quotes of what I wanted from each book in a separate wordpad doc, so I could have a handy reference for paraphrasing or using exact quotes. Mostly, I just didn't outline--ever I think. I knew my arcing thesis and arguments beforehand and just generated the paper as I went along. I also never proofread once I had finished, with the one exception of my honor's thesis.
    Well, aside from proofreading, this is my approach as well. When I say come up with an outline, I only mean that I outline the basic arguments in my mind, and which argument I'll apply at different points in my paper. But when I finish, I always read through and make corrections/edit sections to give the paper more cohesion.

[youtube]eBeOQExmI-0[/youtube]
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Referee for professional wrestling must be the hardest acting job in the world.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Great news, Canadians. Apparently your government has reasonable people.
    Haha, no.

The Tories sent the CRTC an ultimatum, because really, what's the alternative? Every party is making it an issue because people are upset and there's an impending election to think about.

This is convenient for Harper, moreover, because the dude basically wants to destroy the CRTC, and that's much worse. A regulatory body that won't let Harper simply have his way with the country? Say it ain't so.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Also, UBB is nothing new in Canada, though from the way people are talking about this you'd think that was the primary issue.

But if there's an upside to this it's that the general public should be more aware now of what's going on with the telecom giants. Some people are hopeful that this could mean UBB is simply demolished. Which, again, is nice, but it's still a small problem in light of the rampant corruption and lack of consumer protection. That's what people need to be focusing on now.

We're getting fucked Australia style over here, have been for a long time.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Okay, what does it mean if you go to a friend on Facebook but you don't see any posts or comments, just a profile? Is that some sort of restricted profile? How do you get it?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Okay, what does it mean if you go to a friend on Facebook but you don't see any posts or comments, just a profile? Is that some sort of restricted profile? How do you get it?
    Yes. You can go into Account >> Edit Friends and create a "List". From that list you can choose what they see/don't see in you privacy section. It's quite useful.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yes. You can go into Account >> Edit Friends and create a "List". From that list you can choose what they see/don't see in you privacy section. It's quite useful.
    Interesting. I've just noticed it on a couple of friends over the last few days.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have to admit, though, it feels like (yet another) act of passive-aggressive hostility from my roommate to semi-block me from Facebook. She still won't tell me what's wrong. She hasn't spoken to me since Saturday.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have to admit, though, it feels like (yet another) act of passive-aggressive hostility from my roommate to semi-block me from Facebook. She still won't tell me what's wrong. She hasn't spoken to me since Saturday.
    That sounds very confirmed. So you've asked her to her face? "What's wrong? Why won't you talk to me?" Does she ignore you?

The bad thing with that restricted profile is it always hurts someone's feelings when they find out you basically blocked them. It's as if you removed them without actually doing it.

So instead, I just change who can read my status updates/view pictures. That way they can still see my "wall" but not read recent updates. Not so many hurt feelings.

Silly facebook.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That sounds very confirmed. So you've asked her to her face? "What's wrong? Why won't you talk to me?" Does she ignore you?
    She's locked herself in the room and doesn't really give a good answer when asked if she's doing okay.

Y'know Mara, she may have broken up with her offseas boyfriend? People do weird shit when heartbreak occurs.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I asked her two days ago if something was wrong (through her door, which was shut) and she said she wanted to be left alone.

Okay.

But, you know what? I have to live in that house. I don't want someone sighing and storming out every time I enter a room. I don't like feeling confined to my bedroom because I don't want to deal with silent anger. And I don't know if what is going on with her is my fault or not, but I feel like the adult thing to do is to tell me, not give me the silent treatment.

I'm already making a lot of concessions to the fact that she's working nights, and I'm creeping silently around the house at all hours so I don't wake her. But it doesn't even feel like my house anymore. I'm always on tiptoes. It's crazy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Y'know Mara, she may have broken up with her offseas boyfriend? People do weird shit when heartbreak occurs.
    That would be absolutely terrible. Honestly, I'd feel so bad if that happened. He seems to be a really great thing in her life.

But it feels... personal.

I sent her a FB message. Let's see if she continues to ignore me.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I asked her two days ago if something was wrong (through her door, which was shut) and she said she wanted to be left alone.

Okay.

But, you know what? I have to live in that house. I don't want someone sighing and storming out every time I enter a room. I don't like feeling confined to my bedroom because I don't want to deal with silent anger. And I don't know if what is going on with her is my fault or not, but I feel like the adult thing to do is to tell me, not give me the silent treatment.

I'm already making a lot of concessions to the fact that she's working nights, and I'm creeping silently around the house at all hours so I don't wake her. But it doesn't even feel like my house anymore. I'm always on tiptoes. It's crazy.
    I believe it's time to find a new roommate. Or place to live. When it starts to affect you, where your uncomfortable, I couldn't live like that. Your roommates needs to grow up. This isn't high school anymore.

I believe it's time to find a new roommate. Or place to live. When it starts to affect you, where your uncomfortable, I couldn't live like that. Your roommates needs to grow up. This isn't high school anymore.
    It's my house, so I'm not moving. But I'm sending out quiet feelers to see if anyone else wants somewhere to live. My half-brother in Oregon, whom I adore, expressed interest last fall in moving out here. I sent him an e-mail the other day to see if he still wanted to, because I'd love to have him.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It's my house, so I'm not moving. But I'm sending out quiet feelers to see if anyone else wants somewhere to live. My half-brother in Oregon, whom I adore, expressed interest last fall in moving out here. I sent him an e-mail the other day to see if he still wanted to, because I'd love to have him.
    Awesome! I wish you luck with that. Sounds like you're finally reached your breaking point and I don't blame you for wanting someone new to live with.

I feel like I've been venting on here a lot. Sorry. I'm just very frustrated.

We could certainly change the subject. Gee, Buffy was a fun show, huh? I'm attracted to Giles.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Always feels better to vent... in any medium.

Gee, Buffy was a fun show, huh? I'm attracted to Giles.
    Well... Uh.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Well... Uh.
    Some subjects never get tired, my dear.
    ...and the milk's in me.

...and the milk's in me.