Page 983 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 4838839339739819829839849859931033108314831983 ... LastLast
Results 24,551 to 24,575 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    awesome pic
    It looks like a young child in a very excellent Halloween costume that he can't get out of.......and now that's the only thing I can think of when I look at it.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    It looks like a young child in a very excellent Halloween costume that he can't get out of.......and now that's the only thing I can think of when I look at it.
    Reminds me of that unsettling poodle aerobics video:

[youtube]-UaW6zYQDQE[/youtube]

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    It's like a rejected cutaway moment from the end of The Shining. Kubrick just shot a hundred weird things in hallways. A fellater in a bear-outfit. A room full of skeletons. An upright dog peeking through a door. Harry Dean Stanton in a dress. A lawn gnome. Furkels. Human fire hydrants.

If number8 ever campaigned for presidency, could he advertise an Aryan Nation?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Clever stuff, Brandon.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Clever stuff, Brandon.

You have no idea.

I was watching Aliens at 3:30am and that popped in my head. I swear at the time I thought I deserved a Nobel Prize.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You have no idea.

I was watching Aliens at 3:30am and that popped in my head. I swear at the time I thought I deserved a Nobel Prize.
    You - Me:

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Wait...

You're...black?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Wait...

You're...black?
    That doesn't surprise me as much as Braden being a heavyset woman.

Now it all makes sense.

Or is ARy the heavyset woman?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Barty (view post)
    Of course, perhaps you should ignore me, because your posting is getting old.
    Waiting for you to make sense on anything remotely related to actual life is taking a while indeed.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Oooh, Elaine Pagels - I really dug her book The Origin of Satan. Interesting theological history on how early Christians adopted the concept of "Satan" and "Hell" from a wacky Jewish sect that lived as hermits out in the desert or something like that, primarily as a means of getting people to convert to their faith (if you don't, you'll go to this really sucky place called Hell!. Trust me, it sucks. Real bad), and to demonize those who refused (those Jews, I tell ya... they're agents of Satan! Satan? Oh, he's this red guy with a forked tail, horns and a pitchfork. Real asshole).
    The Essenes! That reminds me, I should read the Dead Sea Scrolls some time this year.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Waiting for you to make sense on anything remotely related to actual life is taking a while indeed.
    I didnt know money, trade, and security services were abstract concepts. Too bad your posts exist in actual life, we could really do without them.

Get a room and hatefuck already.

Went to Babeland for a panel on swinging, then wining and dining, and now headed to a party with the cast of RuPaul's Drag Race. It's a gooood Friday night.

And yet here I am browsing Match Cut on my phone. You guuuuise.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Barty (view post)
    I didnt know money, trade, and security services were abstract concepts. Too bad your posts exist in actual life, we could really do without them.
    "We". Yes, quite hilarious. Enjoy yourself, this is my last reply to any of your political tirades, ever.

Shopping frustration.

I need a mattress foundation (not a box spring,) full size, split. Everything I can find online doesn't split anything smaller than a queen, unless I custom order it, and I'm not willing to spend that much money. I'm trying to think of a way to do this that doesn't involve buying a regular foundation and sawing it in half.

Which is how I got the last box spring out of the house. True story. We were trying to get it down the stairwell and it got stuck, breaking off a chunk of the wall, which I'm still pissed off about. So I attacked it with a handsaw and cut it into pieces, possibly swearing and threatening it, because my mother and sister avoided my eyes for the rest of the day.
    ...and the milk's in me.

An hour later, it has occured to me that my back pain this morning might not be from my mattress, but because I shoveled out three parking spaces filled with ice yesterday.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Awright, that's it. I'm done with my roommate. I can't handle the crazy mood-swings, the self-pity, the neediness, and the instability. Once she decides she's speaking to me again, I'm going to tell her I need her to move out this summer no matter what.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Awright, that's it. I'm done with my roommate. I can't handle the crazy mood-swings, the self-pity, the neediness, and the instability. Once she decides she's speaking to me again, I'm going to tell her I need her to move out this summer no matter what.
    Best of luck to you. Just handle it like business. Firm date, reasoning, etc.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Sorry, that probably came out really bitter, I'm not well today. I've had a migraine so bad I've thrown up everything I've eaten, and so I was kind of on my last nerve. I finally managed to keep some headache medicine down long enough to feel mildly better, and now I'm trying to eat a banana. I know I should have a real dinner tonight, but I'm so tired and sick that I don't want to prepare anything.

Blech blech blech. Write today off, start over again tomorrow.
    ...and the milk's in me.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    My grandfather passed away this afternoon. He was 97, and lived a really full life so I shouldn't be too sad, but it's still painful. He was in WW2, and just all-around an amazing fellow.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

I'm so sorry. He must have been an amazing person to have in your life.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    My condolences, monolith.

Hopefully he's playing tennis now, mono.

RIP Grandpa monolith.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    If anything, he'll be skiing. In fact my cousin mentioned that he was probably skiing a couple of hours ago. He was skiing into his early eighties.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society