Page 934 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 434834884924932933934935936944984103414341934 ... LastLast
Results 23,326 to 23,350 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    When did IFC start running commercials during their movies? Just realized this tonight. How lame. Guess I can scratch that off my list of channels to check for quality movies to record.

The bus stop where I catch my connecting bus into work was completely snowed in this morning. I climbed to the top of the mound and was able to pull snow off of the top of the bus shelter. No small feet, considering I'm relatively short. :lol:
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Poor little Bianca mouse finally died this morning. She has been so sick the last few days that I can't believe she took this long. It was awful watching her suffer and not being able to do anything about it. I couldn't think of a way to humanely euthanize her, and she seemed to really be fighting to stay alive. Poor mousie.

3 years, 4 months. The longest-lived mouse I've ever had.
    ...and the milk's in me.

- - - - -
    Sorry to hear that, Mara. :cry:

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Not to one up Mara or anything, but my great grandmother passed away last night. She was 97. She lived a long, great life. And she died of natural causes. i was grateful I was able to know her for 26 years. I still have all four of my grand parents.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That's amazing that you got such a long time with a great-grandparent. I'm sorry for your loss.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    That's amazing that you got such a long time with a great-grandparent. I'm sorry for your loss.
    I know. I knew my great grandfather too. He passed away when I was 16. I haven't had much experience with death, which is good and bad. The bad part is it is inevitable... and all of my grand parents are in their 80s now.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Wow, she must've given birth very young. That's amazing that you knew them, Duke.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Poor little Bianca mouse finally died this morning. She has been so sick the last few days that I can't believe she took this long. It was awful watching her suffer and not being able to do anything about it. I couldn't think of a way to humanely euthanize her, and she seemed to really be fighting to stay alive. Poor mousie.

3 years, 4 months. The longest-lived mouse I've ever had.
    I want you to know that I didn't do this, for all the differences we had, she and I.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I want you to know that I didn't do this, for all the differences we had, she and I.
    Her last squeaks were your name.

Whether it was a blessing or a curse, time can only tell.
    ...and the milk's in me.

For the record, I had nothing to do with Duke's great-grandma, either.
    Movie Theater Diary

That might have been a terrible joke.
    Movie Theater Diary

Hehe. I got a chuckle. Yeh I'm doing the math right now and you're right. She was first generation off the boat from Italy and married young. Both my grand parents appear to be very health and sound minded as well. I'm grateful for that.

I hear they were able to reverse aging in mice. I want me some of that.

My grandparents had my mother at 18, and my mother had me at 24, so my generations always felt close. Although, my grandmother passed away this year after getting Alzheimer's at an alarmingly young age.
    ...and the milk's in me.

By the way (to change the subject drastically):

I finished shrink-wrapping my windows yesterday and the difference is HUGE. My house is easily 10-15 degrees warmer. Strongly recommended for anyone wanting to save on heating bills who is not afraid of looking like a cheapskate. (Hint: I'm not.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

My condolences to both Mara and Duke.

I've given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours - but I appreciate that.

My Dad's best friend growing up, Val Jean, is, at 74, already a great-grandparent. It would not surprise me if Val gets in a few years as a great-great grandparent before his time is through. I'd call it crazy, but he lives in a small town, and people tend to marry out of high school round there and commence to pounding out babies almost immediately, and people are living longer and longer these days.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

74 is a very young age to be a great grand parent. Technically, my Great grandmother had a great great grandson. (my cousin has a 4 year old)

r/dogfort - FTW
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Dogfort/

My new favorite thing...

Does anyone else think it's annoying that Facebook interacts with various websites you're browsing (e.g. RT, Yelp) by default when you're signed in? I understand you can disable this stuff, but kind of seems like something you should explicitly have to opt-in for to get started.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Does anyone else think it's annoying that Facebook interacts with various websites you're browsing (e.g. RT, Yelp) by default when you're signed in? I understand you can disable this stuff, but kind of seems like something you should explicitly have to opt-in for to get started.
    But you did.

I forgot when it was, but when you logged in, they introduced a new setting, and it was pretty wisely worded to make it seem like a fine idea, without knowing the full details of it all. I want to say it was during the summer, maybe even before May, because it prompted a lot of people to cancel their accounts.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    But you did.

I forgot when it was, but when you logged in, they introduced a new setting, and it was pretty wisely worded to make it seem like a fine idea, without knowing the full details of it all. I want to say it was during the summer, maybe even before May, because it prompted a lot of people to cancel their accounts.
    Hm. I'm pretty uptight about these kinds of things, and I have no recollection of this. Looks like they got me. Should have been more explicit as I mentioned and not dressed up.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Hm. I'm pretty uptight about these kinds of things, and I have no recollection of this. Looks like they got me.
    Neither do I. I don't go on more than a few times a month and I'm pretty sure I never clicked on anything other than friend invites. However they did it was pretty slick.