Page 930 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 430830880920928929930931932940980103014301930 ... LastLast
Results 23,226 to 23,250 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I had no idea that this national park was in my state.
    Here are some of ours:

DURMITOR (glacier lakes and ice caves, Tara river canyon - 2nd deepest in the world, after Colorado)

SKADAR LAKE (one of the largest bird reserves in Europe, including some of the last Pelicans on the continent)

BIOGRADSKA GORA (54km2 of 500 year old virgin forest and lakes)

This is all within 2-3 hours by car from where I live.

That's absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to visit that park someday.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

To go back to the Santa talk. In my opinion, a kids' mind isn't educated or advanced enough to really teach them about the ways of money, classes, etc. Same goes for going to soup kitchens and helping people (although giving presents to a kid that cannot get any will speak wonders because its more to their level).

However, if a child asks if Santa is true, it might be best to give the facts at that point. I figure that the child is probably advanced enough to know that Santa is probably not true at all. To continue the lie/myth would probably be a bad idea.

Still, I go back to the posters that have children and those that don't. The ones that don't seem to have an ideal idea that I don't really see any families actually put to use. Spinal, where you at on this? I'm curious.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've had a transitional phase as a kid, between "Santa exists!" and "Santa is my parents" - my folks told me that Santa is a guy hired by some companies who leaves presents made out of their products for random people during the night.

North Cascade National Park - Washington

Mt. Rainier National Park - Washington

Olympic Nation Park - Washington (yes, it is actually a rain forest)

My elementary school gave us a 1 hour sex ed course in grade 5.

One boy in my class asked the teacher what would happen if a boy was to accidentally pee inside a girl's vagina while having sex.

I went to a Catholic high school and no mention of sex was ever made. No sex ed course, and while biology and health classes would acknowledge the sexual organs anatomically, there was never any mention at all of sexual intercourse.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I've had a transitional phase as a kid, between "Santa exists!" and "Santa is my parents" - my folks told me that Santa is a guy hired by some companies who leaves presents made out of their products for random people during the night.
    Ha! Swag Santa.
    ...and the milk's in me.

My mother sat me down with a book and charts when I was nine to go over the basics of sex. Then we had required classes in 5th, 7th, and 9th grade. We called it "Health" and went over hygiene, menstration, good eating habits, substance abuse, and sex, with a heavy emphasis on birth control and STDs (with disturbing pictures.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting DavidSeven (view post)
    Posted in a grad student lounge with no known "video record":

Edit: The maintenance staff apparently cleans out the refrigerators on Friday afternoons as noted by several notices posted around said refrigerators.
    That's wicked lame.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Catholic High schools are in a league of their own. I don't expect the sex ed classes there to be anywhere near informative and effective.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

My "sex ed" was listening to a tape by James Dobson, with no invitation for questions aftewards.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

I went to a catholic school. Obviously, my experience is not reflective of the norm...

In grade 7, we mostly rehashed what we had learned in grade 5 and 6. Low on actual sex, but discussions on hygiene, menstruation, abuse, and masturbation. There were also anonymous question periods, and they would answer truthfully any questions about sex.

Grade 8, discussions of relationships sprung up, also partying and drugs. Sex was more obvious and we discussed the potentials of STDs and the need for safe sex. There were beginning discussions of the possibilities of abusive relationships as well.

Grade 9, very in depth discussion/teachings of pretty much every imaginable form of birth control. Talk about getting tested. We discussed drugs, partying, peer pressure and suicide.

Other grades, more of the same, just the questions became more complex and relevant I guses.
    Follow me on Twitter

HO...LY...SHIT.

The rogue mouse that I have been trying to kill for WEEKS is in MY MOUSE CAGE WITH MY REAL MOUSE.

In. The cage.

How the freaking crap did that happen, and how long has it been in there????
    ...and the milk's in me.

If the rogue mouse gets my mouse pregnant, I will be so pissed off.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Every pest is a potential pet.

[youtube]p6bzIjhRwGI[/youtube]

The Red Shoes (Powell, 1948)
    Manhattan Murder Mystery (Allen, 1993)
    Spring Breakers (Korine, 2012)
    Sydney (Anderson, 1996)
    El ángel exterminador (Luis Buñuel, 1963)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT CAN GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAGE!

That effer squeezed through the bars and ran away when I was trying to look at it! Through the bars of a mouse cage! A cage designed to hold mice!

I got a pretty good look, though, and I think she's female. If I can get her in my cage and seal it up so she can't get out (or if she gets fat on food) I will keep her and name her Evil Genius Rogue Mousie. If she doesn't go back in the cage, I will continue my campaign to kill her.
    ...and the milk's in me.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT CAN GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAGE!

That effer squeezed through the bars and ran away when I was trying to look at it! Through the bars of a mouse cage! A cage designed to hold mice!
    :lol: This sounds like something out of a children's book.

I got a pretty good look, though, and I think she's female.
    Your ability to spot tiny mouse cooch from a distance is startling.

If I can get her in my cage and seal it up so she can't get out (or if she gets fat on food) I will keep her and name her Evil Genius Rogue Mousie. If she doesn't go back in the cage, I will continue my campaign to kill her.
    Now you're starting to sound a little bit ... like the kind of person who wears pajamas in the middle of the day and purposefully dials wrong numbers and then shouts into the phone.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Your ability to spot tiny mouse cooch from a distance is startling.
    I used a flashlight while she was in the tube cage. And with mice, it's not what you see, it's what you don't see, if you get me. Which I think you do.

Now you're starting to sound a little bit ... like the kind of person who wears pajamas in the middle of the day and purposefully dials wrong numbers and then shouts into the phone.
    If I haven't always sounded like this, I may have been misrepresenting myself online.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I HAVE A PLAN.

E. G. R. Mousie climbs up the Gryffindor scarf, lured by food and the company of Bianca Mousie. (They were cuddling when I found them.) Then I duct tape the top on the cage!

(I think it got out by lifting up the modular top and slipping out. But it happened so fast! E. G. R. Mousie has superspeed.)

See, I think I have to trap it, because I've been trying to kill it and it is... hard to kill. Also, cheeky. It comes out and looks at me all the time.
    ...and the milk's in me.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I HAVE A PLAN.

E. G. R. Mousie climbs up the Gryffindor scarf, lured by food and the company of Bianca Mousie. (They were cuddling when I found them.) Then I duct tape the top on the cage!

You're definitely the villain in this story. Two mice. Young love. And the woman who wants to kill them.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    meets

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

If only, Winston*. If only.

Actually, it makes sense now why she never goes for the bait in my traps-- she's probably been gorging herself at my mouse's bowl.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    You're definitely the villain in this story. Two mice. Young love. And the woman who wants to kill them.
    They can be in love all they want as long as they don't make babies.

(Roommate says, "Isn't your mouse a million years old? She's probably menopausal.")
    ...and the milk's in me.