Page 770 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 27067072076076876977077177278082087012701770 ... LastLast
Results 19,226 to 19,250 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Isner wins, 70-68. I repeat myself, Jesus H. Christ.
    The American, right? After discussing this with my brother last night, I decided I was rooting for the American because of extreme tallness. Don't tell my dad.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Twitteratics. How do you know if you get a reply? I have an app on my phone that told me about 5 replies, but I never got notification of them in e-mail or on the twitter website.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Twitteratics. How do you know if you get a reply? I have an app on my phone that told me about 5 replies, but I never got notification of them in e-mail or on the twitter website.
    It's on the menu bar, right under Home.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The Wilford Brimley diabeetus meme cracks me up like hell.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Maryland is lovely this time of year. You should all come visit.

...and the milk's in me.

"My outfit's better than your life. Fuck off."

"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Man, there's a disproportionate amount of young attractive women in my office. Sometimes I think the people hiring us are pervs.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I too, don't get the love of Gaga, but then again, I don't get the majority of big selling pop and rap trash.

Anyhoo, I gettin tickets for Deftones! Woohoo!

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I too, don't get the love of Gaga, but then again, I don't get the majority of big selling pop and rap trash.

Anyhoo, I gettin tickets for Deftones! Woohoo!
    :lol:
    Movie Theater Diary

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Maryland is lovely this time of year.
    This statement is damn near a perpetual lie.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    This statement is damn near a perpetual lie.
    What, you don't like to be dripping with sweat during electric storms? Odd.
    ...and the milk's in me.

My avatar makes me giggle every time I post. It's so forlorn.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Minnesota's no better. The other night it was 70+ degrees, but it was still humid enough for me to be dripping sweat.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    You guys can join me, it was 109 today here in arizona.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Damn. My brother's seizure disorder is getting really alarming. His seizures aren't terrible-- it's not like he's falling down and foaming-- but he has them all the time. I was picking him up from school tonight and he was totally panicked and nonsensical on the phone. He was calmer when I got him, but he said he's blacked out at least an hour or more of the class because he was seizing so bad. He has no memory of that portion of the class.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Damn. My brother's seizure disorder is getting really alarming. His seizures aren't terrible-- it's not like he's falling down and foaming-- but he has them all the time. I was picking him up from school tonight and he was totally panicked and nonsensical on the phone. He was calmer when I got him, but he said he's blacked out at least an hour or more of the class because he was seizing so bad. He has no memory of that portion of the class.

Oh Mara, I'm so sorry.

Both my brother and sister had seizures as young children due to a neurological disorder they were both born with, but they grew out of it.

Do you know the reason behind his seizure disorder? Is it something he could potentially lose with age? Is their medication or treatment he could look into?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    :lol:
    It thrills me that I'm somewhat appreciated

As much as I hate the current heat wave, I'll take it over extreme cold and snow.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Mara, I know exactly where you're coming from. If you ever need to talk -- it will probably be good for both of us -- I'm more than willing. I know from recent experience that talking to "strangers" is in some ways more beneficial than talking to your closest friends. Don't hesitate to contact me.

George Bush doesn't care about black puppets.

Last 5 Viewed
    Riddick (David Twohy | 2013 | USA/UK)
    Night Across the Street (Raoul Ruiz | 2012 | Chile/France)*
    Pain & Gain (Michael Bay | 2013 | USA)*
    You're Next (Adam Wingard | 2011 | USA)
    Little Odessa (James Gray | 1994 | USA)*

*recommended *highly recommended

“It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.” -- Rainer Werner Fassbinder

twitter | next projection | criticker | frames within frames

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Do you know the reason behind his seizure disorder? Is it something he could potentially lose with age? Is their medication or treatment he could look into?
    Part of the frustration is that he's never had a real diagnosis. He's been having the seizures since he was about 17 (he's almost 22 now) and it took two years for anyone to even call them "seizures." Then it was another year before they were able to rule out epilepsy.

We've been trying to get him into a new neurologist, but he's been having trouble getting health care coverage. He's not on any medication right now, and the last medication he was on gave him such horrible side effects that he decided he'd rather have the seizures.

My little brother has always been a prickly kid, often lashing out violently when he's angry or frustrated, and he gets angry and frustrated easily. Seeing him sad and miserable is actually worse, though, because I don't know how to comfort him. He hates being pitied.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Sorry to shift tones so dramatically from my poor bro, but DAMN I'm glad I can write. My office mate has been writing an e-mail (while narrating it out loud) for twenty minutes because she's having trouble balancing the tone (both diplomatic and accusatory.) I'm trying to help without being too critical.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Oh finding the balance between diplomatic and accusatory is easy, if you do it The Bac0n Way™. Just write as you normally would a diplomatic letter, except do it in ALL CAPS. For example:

TO THE GENTLEMAN WHO PARKED IN THE SPOT JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE EMPLOYEE ENTRANCE. THIS IS A RESERVED SPOT, TO BE USED BY THE EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH, THAT BEING MYSELF. I HAVE WORKED MANY LONG HOURS AT TIMES THAT I WOULD RATHER BE SPENDING WITH MY FAMILY, SO THAT I COULD GET THAT AWARD, AND BY EXTENSION, THIS SPOT THAT YOU ARE PARKED IN INSTEAD OF ME.

YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT, SO I'LL GIVE YOU A FREE PASS TODAY, BUT IF I EVER CATCH YOU PARKING IN MY FUCKING SPOT AGAIN I'LL SLASH YOUR GODDAMN THROAT, PULL YOUR FUCKING TONGUE OUT THE OPENING, CINCH IT TO YOUR SHRIVELLED UP BALLS AND CARRY YOUR SORRY ASS AROUND LIKE A PURSE.

CAPISCH?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Is it frightening or hilarious that many Fox News viewers consider Bill O'Reilly to be a liberal and wants to see him off the air?
    Movie Theater Diary

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar

That actually sounds kind of nice. I like thunderstorms.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society