Page 1708 of 1996 FirstFirst ... 708120816081658169817061707170817091710171817581808 ... LastLast
Results 42,676 to 42,700 of 49884

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Sometimes when I'm in the shower I feel that I just want to live in there. Seriously in my top five favorite inventions.
    I agree, but I always feel guilty for using so much water.

Sometimes when I'm in the shower I feel that I just want to live in there. Seriously in my top five favorite inventions.
    One of my favorite simple luxuries is to take 2 hot showers in a single day.

How has my father ever managed to change jobs during his last thirty-seven years of living in the United States as a non-citizen permanent resident? The paperwork must be horrific.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I love showering, and feeling clean in general.

Lena Dunham is such a jerk.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    She is one of my favorite people on the planet.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Cool!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Communist.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hipster.

This Lena Dunham incident is a perfect example of a time where I just want to scream "Stop talking! All of you." Everyone who adds their contribution to this story just makes it worse.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Lena Headey > Lena Dunham

Let's face it.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Match-Cut Statistics
    Threads 5,000

I think I just made our 5000th thread. Holy crap guys. Good work.

My girlfriend also loves the shower. But apparently I've always been showering wrong because for me it's all about business. Get in, clean myself, get out. 5 minutes. Done.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    My girlfriend also loves the shower. But apparently I've always been showering wrong because for me it's all about business. Get in, clean myself, get out. 5 minutes. Done.
    This.

Once in a while I do it military-style. My dad taught me this. You start the shower, cold water, enough to wet your body down. Turn off the water. Grab the soap, lather. Flip the water back on, rinse. Turn water off, get out. Two minutes, maybe.

whoa, I decided to google Lena Dunham to find out what was happening. The things she did are actually quite normal and are things many people have done. Take a single psychology of sex class and you'll find those are not abnormal in the slightest. Also for some reason no one is going on about how her sister shoved rocks up there as a one year old and she helped her sister by getting them out.

The problem is not at all with the acts themselves, which I afree 100% are quite normal.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    You're doing it right. I mean that's probably how 99% of my showers go. But every once an awhile I just stay in there forever.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

whoa, I decided to google Lena Dunham to find out what was happening. The things she did are actually quite normal and are things many people have done. Take a single psychology of sex class and you'll find those are not abnormal in the slightest. Also for some reason no one is going on about how her sister shoved rocks up there as a one year old and she helped her sister by getting them out.
    The right side is suggesting that's probably the reason why her sister turned out gay. It's a weird story regardless.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The problem is not at all with the acts themselves, which I afree 100% are quite normal.
    Spreading open your sister's vagina is not normal.

You're doing it right. I mean that's probably how 99% of my showers go. But every once an awhile I just stay in there forever.
    Ditto.

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    This Lena Dunham incident is a perfect example of a time where I just want to scream "Stop talking! All of you." Everyone who adds their contribution to this story just makes it worse.
    Yeah, I regret commenting on it on Facebook. I wish I can make everything about it a non-story.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Spreading open your sister's vagina is not normal.
    A 7 year old being curious about the genitalia of a baby is in fact quite normal. At 6 years old I touched an iron because I was curious how hot it was. Children do stupid things in the name of curiosity all the time. And if you have no reasoning behind touching someone's genitalia being bad then why wouldn't you be curious enough to touch it? It sounds from the stories that she had the kind of hippie parents that would have never told her that her private parts were "private."

Also I should mention, that by saying it's normal I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm saying it happens quite consistently among children. Children touching themselves and sometimes their friends/peers/siblings as well happens to a large degree. Most often like in this case it's not for the sexual nature, it's because of pure curiosity. Many parents become super weirded out because they think their young child is masturbating because they become super obsessed with their own body parts. It's normal in that they're curious about what those things are and why it feels the sensations it does. Shame over genitalia is a learned trait, not inherent.

A 7 year old being curious about the genitalia of a baby is in fact quite normal. At 6 years old I touched an iron because I was curious how hot it was. Children do stupid things in the name of curiosity all the time. And if you have no reasoning behind touching someone's genitalia being bad then why wouldn't you be curious enough to touch it? It sounds from the stories that she had the kind of hippie parents that would have never told her that her private parts were "private."

Also I should mention, that by saying it's normal I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm saying it happens quite consistently among children. Children touching themselves and sometimes their friends/peers/siblings as well happens to a large degree. Most often like in this case it's not for the sexual nature, it's because of pure curiosity. Many parents become super weirded out because they think their young child is masturbating because they become super obsessed with their own body parts. It's normal in that they're curious about what those things are and why it feels the sensations it does. Shame over genitalia is a learned trait, not inherent.
    I know very little about this Lena Dunham person or this controversy, but I agree with everything you said. Talk show people were discussing this morning how weird and unusual it was...and it was insanely hypocritical imo because of the shit they normally talk about and the asinine viewpoints they usually put forth as "normal" as adults.

Yeah it's not an unusual behaviour at all.

Again, what I take issue with is Dunham's way of sharing this information (ie, directly likening herself to a child molester), then getting upset when people thought this wasn't cool.